• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Operation Infektion

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Operation Infektion: A three-part video series on Russian disinformation - The New York Times

Russia’s meddling in the United States’ elections is not a hoax. It’s the culmination of Moscow’s decades-long campaign to tear the West apart. “Operation InfeKtion” reveals the ways in which one of the Soviets’ central tactics — the promulgation of lies about America — continues today, from Pizzagate to George Soros conspiracies. Meet the KGB spies who conceived this virus and the American truth squads who tried — and are still trying — to fight it. Countries from Pakistan to Brazil are now debating reality, and in Vladimir Putin’s greatest triumph, Americans are using Russia’s playbook against one another without the faintest clue.

The New York Times presents three video-episode's at the link above explaining the Kremlin's war on truth.

Video-Episode 1: Meet The KGB Spies Who Invented Fake News - We reveal how one of the biggest fake news stories ever concocted — the 1984 AIDS-is-a-biological-weapon hoax — went viral in the pre-internet era. Meet the KGB operatives who invented it and the “truth squad” that quashed it. For a bit.

Video-Episode 2: The Seven Commandments Of Fake News - The Pizzagate playbook: same tactics, new technologies. How the seven rules of Soviet disinformation are being used to create today’s fake news stories.

Video-Episode 3: The Worldwide War On Truth - Governments from Pakistan to Mexico to Washington are woefully unequipped to combat disinformation warfare. Eastern European countries living in Russia’s shadow can teach us how to start fighting back, but only if our politicians decide to stop profiting from these tactics and fight them instead.

How would you feel about that conspiracy theory if you later found out it wasn't just Russia that did stuff like that but that it was factions within the government of all first world nations and that their goal was to promote the "need" for a single, unified world government?

How would you feel about that conspiracy theory if you later found out it wasn't just Russia that did stuff like that but that it was factions within the government of all first world nations and that their goal was to promote the "need" for a single, unified world government?

This is the Europe forum. That all technologically advanced nations engage in this behavior is a given. This NYT article zeros in on the Russian facets of disinformation.

If it offends you, simply move on.

Operation Infektion: A three-part video series on Russian disinformation - The New York Times

The New York Times presents three video-episode's at the link above explaining the Kremlin's war on truth.

Video-Episode 1: Meet The KGB Spies Who Invented Fake News - We reveal how one of the biggest fake news stories ever concocted — the 1984 AIDS-is-a-biological-weapon hoax — went viral in the pre-internet era. Meet the KGB operatives who invented it and the “truth squad” that quashed it. For a bit.

Video-Episode 2: The Seven Commandments Of Fake News - The Pizzagate playbook: same tactics, new technologies. How the seven rules of Soviet disinformation are being used to create today’s fake news stories.

Video-Episode 3: The Worldwide War On Truth - Governments from Pakistan to Mexico to Washington are woefully unequipped to combat disinformation warfare. Eastern European countries living in Russia’s shadow can teach us how to start fighting back, but only if our politicians decide to stop profiting from these tactics and fight them instead.

I first want to say a most loud and sincere THANK YOU for these. I watched all three and every American should.

The last one is chilling.

My fondest hope is that when the Mueller report is issued, it contains the extensive ties to Russian asset and useful idiot Donald Trump and all that Russia has done to elect him. Perhaps the Mueller report will be the modern equivalent to the Russian Sputnik and how it shocked America out of its complacency and caused us to rush to meet that challenge.

Again, THANK YOU deeply for these.

This is the Europe forum. That all technologically advanced nations engage in this behavior is a given. This NYT article zeros in on the Russian facets of disinformation.

It's not about being offended. It's about the idea of one world government. The soviets were all about that 50 years ago. The EU was a HUGE step in that direction 20 years ago. The last US administration was all about embracing social globalism.

The question people SHOULD be asking themselves about this stuff is how much of what we're seeing is due to Russian interference and how much is due to an international reaction to the end of the cold war? Now that the world no longer is looking at domination by one national superpower or another are they trying to dominate world governance by an international superpower and, if so, would that actually be any different than if the US or the Soviet Union had taken over the world?

Very easy to say something is a 'given' without the tiniest scrap of evidence. You do not know what you are talking about. The UK is pretty advanced and to my certain knowledge does not manufacture or disseminate lies about other countries. I am pretty sure that this is also true of Sweden.

It's not about being offended. It's about the idea of one world government.

I don't deal with notions that do not exist in the real world. Take it to the CT forum.

Very easy to say something is a 'given' without the tiniest scrap of evidence. You do not know what you are talking about. The UK is pretty advanced and to my certain knowledge does not manufacture or disseminate lies about other countries. I am pretty sure that this is also true of Sweden.

Your ass. Every Western nation has significant SIGINT capabilities.

Your ass. Every Western nation has significant SIGINT capabilities.

But sigint has nothing to do with the subject under discussion. Which is, let me remind you, the invention and spreading of false 'information aimed at other states. You really have no idea what you are writing about; sigint is the interception and decoding of another state's communications.

I don't deal with notions that do not exist in the real world. Take it to the CT forum.

Interesting.

As far as you're concerned it's a fact that Russia employs a disinformation campaign to advance their political goals and it's a conspiracy that anyone else would do so. OK. I guess I'm way off base.

But sigint has nothing to do with the subject under discussion. Which is, let me remind you, the invention and spreading of false 'information aimed at other states. You really have no idea what you are writing about; sigint is the interception and decoding of another state's communications.

And you believe SIGINT isn't involved in disseminating misinformation, disinformation, propaganda, fake news?

What a strange world you inhabit.

Interesting.

As far as you're concerned it's a fact that Russia employs a disinformation campaign to advance their political goals and it's a conspiracy that anyone else would do so. OK. I guess I'm way off base.

Haymarket understood the NYT presentation. You're the one that labeled it "conspiracy theory".

That's on you.

Back
Top Bottom