• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Operation American Spring to hit DC...

Criticism is not the same as constructive criticism; the first only tells that you are wrong while the second tells you how to not be wrong. ;)

That seems more like a repeated catch phrase than actual thinking. If a thousand people tell you "You are an asshole" perhaps you should start listening.

Your point?

It wasn't the bad ol' medias hounding Nixon that drove him from office or spurred on the American people to rise up, march by the millions to DC and demand Nixon's head....

What drove him out was a handful of his closest supporters in Congress meeting with him and telling him, given the evidence the FBI had uncovered, given the sworn statements by the burglars and now his inner circle against him these close supporters would vote for impeachment.

I realize the CONs love to blame the 'medias' for everything under the sun, however with Nixon it was old fashion investigation and his inner circle abandoning him that drove him out of office...

Nice try though a bit predictable.... :peace

It wasn't the bad ol' medias hounding Nixon that drove him from office or spurred on the American people to rise up, march by the millions to DC and demand Nixon's head....

What drove him out was a handful of his closest supporters in Congress meeting with him and telling him, given the evidence the FBI had uncovered, given the sworn statements by the burglars and now his inner circle against him these close supporters would vote for impeachment.

I realize the CONs love to blame the 'medias' for everything under the sun, however with Nixon it was old fashion investigation and his inner circle abandoning him that drove him out of office...

Nice try though a bit predictable.... :peace

"Deep Throat" broke the whole mess wide open. Deep Throat took his info to the media, first. Without that media pressure, Watergate wouldn't have amounted to much a scandal.

"Deep Throat" broke the whole mess wide open. Deep Throat took his info to the media, first. Without that media pressure, Watergate wouldn't have amounted to much a scandal.

We remember it differently, the media attention was sparked by the bungling burglars telling the Judge there was a vast right wing conspiracy to cover up the break-in.

TODAY, we look at 'deep throat' as a pivotal moment, back then it was an 'unnamed source' for two rather minor reporters on the Washington Post- many doubted the existence of such a leak and it was rather two 'lefties' attacking the President in a rather cowardly way.

But who was 'Deep Throat'??? FBI Associate Director Mark Felt. So we are back to the FBI.

Now when the bumbling burglars were caught they had sequential 100 dollar bills, the phone number for E. Howard Hunt, and one man was a security man for CREEP. Investigation lead the money trace to the CREEP donations, the burglars fell out and pointed, the inner circle tried to at first cover it up and then pointed fingers...

Nixon wasn't hounded out of office, the media discovered nothing but were spoon fed information by an FBI source, reported the FBI official findings as well as the burglar and inner circle statements.

Nixon was pushed out of office by his own party telling him they would impeach him, based on the evidence, not media reports from an 'unnamed source'....:roll:

People that hate Obama are as hilarious to me as the people that hated Bush. Just sad and funny.

If we can get back to the OP for a minute.

I can't find any reference to Harry Riley being in DC, addressing his 'Eagles', or even waving from his rain trapped rental.

I wonder where he was that weekend, where he is now, and if he ever issued any sort of statement.

My money is on he is on his newly acquired Costa Rican estate, endorsing his Eagle checks for his newly opened Cayman Island bank account... :mrgreen:

The cut throat blame game has started on several 'Patriot' websites- apparently Beck and his 'Blaze' organization is being assailed due to 'The Blaze' mocking the low turn out and Beck not supporting the effort like some feel he should...

Will be interesting to see how much blood will be spilled, not by the Gubmint, but by the 'patriots' fighting among themselves...

We remember it differently, the media attention was sparked by the bungling burglars telling the Judge there was a vast right wing conspiracy to cover up the break-in.

TODAY, we look at 'deep throat' as a pivotal moment, back then it was an 'unnamed source' for two rather minor reporters on the Washington Post- many doubted the existence of such a leak and it was rather two 'lefties' attacking the President in a rather cowardly way.

But who was 'Deep Throat'??? FBI Associate Director Mark Felt. So we are back to the FBI.

Now when the bumbling burglars were caught they had sequential 100 dollar bills, the phone number for E. Howard Hunt, and one man was a security man for CREEP. Investigation lead the money trace to the CREEP donations, the burglars fell out and pointed, the inner circle tried to at first cover it up and then pointed fingers...

Nixon wasn't hounded out of office, the media discovered nothing but were spoon fed information by an FBI source, reported the FBI official findings as well as the burglar and inner circle statements.

Nixon was pushed out of office by his own party telling him they would impeach him, based on the evidence, not media reports from an 'unnamed source'....:roll:

Now, why wouod the associate director of the FBI feel the need to be a whistleblower to the media.

Now, why wouod the associate director of the FBI feel the need to be a whistleblower to the media.

Are you saying 'Deep Throat' wasn't an FBI assoc director in the FBI?

He admitted to being the leak, well as far as leaks go, John Dean ratted the whole affair out when the spotlight hit him, so there was more than one leak.

Are you saying 'Deep Throat' wasn't an FBI assoc director in the FBI?

He admitted to being the leak, well as far as leaks go, John Dean ratted the whole affair out when the spotlight hit him, so there was more than one leak.

Is that what I said? Its not, is it?

The Million Man March all over again, only this time a different crowd.

Yes, it was quite successful. Out of the 20-30 million the organizers said were going to march on Washington and bring it to it's knees, about 50 showed up. But, still, it was very successful. They outdid the government in inefficiency and stupidity. LOL.

The Million Man March all over again, only this time a different crowd.

And... the Million Man March had about... half of its intended target even by government estimates... and this had... well... about as many people as the New Black Panther Party....

here are some pissed off militia guy disappointed by the huge failure of this sad ass attempt at a coup. The people are obviously not behind these nutcases so they will (try to) act on their own. I noticed that these protesters keep suggesting to pick up arms and all but then retract the suggestion and claim a peaceful revolution instead (as if we are dumb enough to believe them).

Is that what I said? Its not, is it?

Actually it is so vague it is difficult to tell just WFT you are trying to say... :doh

It seems like the vague mumbles my daughter tried to use when she realized she was not going to win the discussion. :mrgreen:

Try again... :peace

here are some pissed off militia guy disappointed by the huge failure of this sad ass attempt at a coup. The people are obviously not behind these nutcases so they will (try to) act on their own. I noticed that these protesters keep suggesting to pick up arms and all but then retract the suggestion and claim a peaceful revolution instead (as if we are dumb enough to believe them).

Outstanding videos, its a beautiful sight. Thanks for posting them.

So it's looking likely that my comment about Rolling Thunder dwarfing the supposed "millions" this was going to draw is going to be spot on.

Actually it is so vague it is difficult to tell just WFT you are trying to say... :doh

It seems like the vague mumbles my daughter tried to use when she realized she was not going to win the discussion. :mrgreen:

Try again... :peace

If the FBI was leading the charge, the associate directer of the FBI would have just let them do their job. Since he felt the need to blow the wistle to the press, it's apparent that the FBI wasn't doing anuthing.

If the FBI was leading the charge, the associate directer of the FBI would have just let them do their job. Since he felt the need to blow the wistle to the press, it's apparent that the FBI wasn't doing anuthing.

I believe the AD of the FBI felt the inner circle of the Nixon Admin was blocking the investigation, the FBI was finding evidence but the Nixon Camp was blocking the investigation, destroying evidence and lying under oath. (Did you know Felt had been passed over for promotion by Nixon?) So there are a few reasons besides the fake one you give... ;)

However the real break in the story wasn't 'Deep Throat' but the burglars rolling on their bosses. Once that happened several in the Administration quickly sought to cut deals and point fingers. The final nail of a sort came with the infamous 18.5 minute gap in the Presidential tapes. White House aide Butterfield testified about the existence of tapes. When Archibald Cox refused to back down on hearing the tapes, Nixon wanted him fired. AG Richardson refused and resigned, as did DAG Ruckelshaus. It was acting head of the DOJ Bork (who would later be embroiled in a failed Supreme court nomination) to fire Cox. the event is know as the Saturday Night Massacre.

The event that started the tape standoff was john Dean's testimony which Nixon called lies- the existence of the tapes backed Dean's testimony, the 18.5 minute gap was evidence tampering, the Saturday night Massacre was seen as a President gone amuck.

But none of that came from 'Deep Throat', but some of which was leaked to two reporters before it became general knowledge.

But you made the claim that the media stirred the public up against Nixon- you offer ZERO proof.... I'd say most of America sat in shock at the very thought of a President so out of control and was slow to react, rather than staging anti-war style demonstrations....

Nice try though... :2wave:

Outstanding videos, its a beautiful sight. Thanks for posting them.

Dont you think these guys talking looked like wackos? I mean one guy looked like he just got through doing a big line of meth he was in hyper nut mode.

What is humorous about those videos is that the speakers not only sound just like the occupiers and all but touch on a lot of the same points that the occupiers did. But I guess it shows that there isnt much difference between extremists.

Dont you think these guys talking looked like wackos? I mean one guy looked like he just got through doing a big line of meth he was in hyper nut mode.

What is humorous about those videos is that the speakers not only sound just like the occupiers and all but touch on a lot of the same points that the occupiers did. But I guess it shows that there isnt much difference between extremists.

They were much more coherent than the OWS guys. Very different arguments too. And I dont judge people based merely on appearance-its what they say that matters.

They were much more coherent than the OWS guys. Very different arguments too. And I dont judge people based merely on appearance-its what they say that matters.

I wasnt at all addressing appearances I was talking about the message being told by the guys in those videos, which makes them look very much like occupiers. Perhaps it was the mention several times about corporations that did it? That and the speaker was insisting that everyone should be thinking the way that they do and that 'wake up' bull****. Never believe anyone that says 'wake up' they are always trying to jam something down your throat like a used car salesman or a late night tv preacher. These people seem to have some delusional obsession with that lame ass president Obama. They even try and claim that Obama will never leave office. That want their militia/Tea party6 friends to believe that they have to rise up against the government. They are all crazy conspiracy theorist nutjobs. Like I said they sound a lot like the occupiers.

And... the Million Man March had about... half of its intended target even by government estimates... and this had... well... about as many people as the New Black Panther Party....

The New Black Panther Party has more than 50 people in Houston alone. LOL.

That's why you just gonna laugh at all these arm chair Wannabe George Washingtons ranting and raving about the glorious patriotic revolution to come to "take their country back" while tears stream down their face as battle hymm of the republic is played off key by some fat asshole dressed like a 17th century soldier.

It's just daft, the whole thing and delusionary.

No doubt....Check this out...

:lamo

I wasnt at all addressing appearances I was talking about the message being told by the guys in those videos, which makes them look very much like occupiers. Perhaps it was the mention several times about corporations that did it? That and the speaker was insisting that everyone should be thinking the way that they do and that 'wake up' bull****. Never believe anyone that says 'wake up' they are always trying to jam something down your throat like a used car salesman or a late night tv preacher. These people seem to have some delusional obsession with that lame ass president Obama. They even try and claim that Obama will never leave office. That want their militia/Tea party6 friends to believe that they have to rise up against the government. They are all crazy conspiracy theorist nutjobs. Like I said they sound a lot like the occupiers.

I love how the progressives are pinning this on 'the right'....hahha....What these people are is in reality Alex Jones' listenership.

I love how the progressives are pinning this on 'the right'....hahha....What these people are is in reality Alex Jones' listenership.

Correct its not the right its the extreme right which is an entirely different thing. It would be like pointing a finger at the left for the extreme lefts occupy bull****. The problem though is that some on the right have thrown their support behind these nutcases thinking that they not extremists just like the left did.

Back
Top Bottom