• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Operation American Spring to hit DC...

The group expects between 10 million and 30 million similarly thinking Americans to meet them in the capital on Friday for a rally that’s being billed as a sort of “Arab Spring” for Americans.
They think between three and ten percent of the US population will be there.

There wont be one million. There wont be a hundred thousand. I'd be shocked if there were ten thousand.

****ing lunatics, Cliven Bundy is not your goddamned rallying hero. He's a deadbeat rancher, mooching off the public and scoffing at the law. If he'd done it with a turban on instead of a cowboy hat people would have been demanding his execution.

They think between three and ten percent of the US population will be there.

There wont be one million. There wont be a hundred thousand. I'd be shocked if there were ten thousand.

****ing lunatics, Cliven Bundy is not your goddamned rallying hero. He's a deadbeat rancher, mooching off the public and scoffing at the law. If he'd done it with a turban on instead of a cowboy hat people would have been demanding his execution.

OAS was started long before the Bundy Ranch issue. :roll:

OAS was started long before the Bundy Randy issue. :roll:
Maybe you should read the article.
:roll:
Meanwhile, the group is holding another event on the same day in Bunerkville, Nev., near cattle rancher Cliven Bundy’s property and in support of his stand-off with the Bureau of Land Management over grazing fees.
They're linking this protest to that situation, not me. Roll your eyes at them. :roll:

Maybe you should read the article.

They're linking this protest to that situation, not me. Roll your eyes at them. :roll:

That might consist of the same group of people, but it is not officially part of OAS nor is Cliven Bundy even 1/10th of the reason for the operation gaining traction.

Oh and just because you had to make a comment about it: :roll:

Operation American Spring to hit D.C. to oust Obama, Biden, Boehner, Holder - Washington Times

People are getting pissed out there. Going after BOTH sides of the aisle, as they should.

More info on OAS here.

This sounds like idiots on parade, much like the OWS "movement" or the "million man" march. Make lots of noise, display random signs of discontent and offer no positive coherent message or specific support for replacement candidates/policies. The sad fact, in federal politics, is that one may vote for (or against) at most 3 of our 535 congress critters and the POTUS in any given election cycle.

Yeah...I'd be worried if I thought this thing was going to muster more than a spitball worth of people. Traffic would be horrible.

Thankfully, I think it's a lot of huffing and puffing, but when it comes time to blow it'll...well...blow

Bets on how many people ACTUALLY show up? Hell, just an over/under bet in terms of number.

Hell, Rolling Thunder brings about 400,000 folks into DC (and it's NOTICABLE) next weekend. 10 to 1, Rolling Thunder out draws the supposed "million to ten million" people they think this is going to pull.

Last edited:

I've had to wait since 1968 for a revolution to come to America. I would have never expected it to come from the right wing, as they were the establishment back in '68.

Yeah...I'd be worried if I thought this thing was going to muster more than a spitball worth of people. Traffic would be horrible.

Thankfully, I think it's a lot of huffing and puffing, but when it comes time to blow it'll...well...blow

Bets on how many people ACTUALLY show up? Hell, just an over/under bet in terms of number.

Hell, Rolling Thunder brings about 400,000 folks into DC (and it's NOTICABLE) next weekend. 10 to 1, Rolling Thunder out draws the supposed "million to ten million" people they think this is going to pull.

The odds are far better on a lotto ticket, because sometimes you win your dollar back with those. 10 to 1? I don't think I'd take 10,000 to 1 for 400,000 people showing up.

As for their 10 million estimate, I would bet 10 million to 1 odds that this does not occur. We'll do it in forum donations, your one dollar against my funding the entire forum for the rest of my life! Any takers?

While I fully understand and appreciate their concern, they are 20 years too late. All they are doing is landing themselves on FBI and IRS watch lists. The fall of the country is inevitable, too many stupid people voted for too many stupid people.

They will almost certainly be targeted by Obama's weaponized IRS.

A fellow forum nerd eyewitness places the crowd at "maybe 1000," and remarked that some of them seemed to be confused/lost tourists.

Classic leftist tactics. Intended to make this appear as a failure. Of course, people like you have said the same about the TEA Party before, and it cost you the 2010 election. Perhaps you guys are slow learners.

Heres the news-its going to be even worse for you this november. Get a pen. Write it down. Its happening.

classic leftist tactics. Intended to make this appear as a failure. Of course, people like you have said the same about the tea party before, and it cost you the 2010 election. Perhaps you guys are slow learners.

Heres the news-its going to be even worse for you this november. Get a pen. Write it down. Its happening.

d.y.w.b.

Well, at least this was funny.

While I fully understand and appreciate their concern, they are 20 years too late. All they are doing is landing themselves on FBI and IRS watch lists. The fall of the country is inevitable, too many stupid people voted for too many stupid people.

I understand that Rolling Thunder came under scrutiny around the same time as the Tea Party by the Obama's IRS. They wanted to take away their 501-c4 status.

Back
Top Bottom