• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open to anyone who feels like answering. What do you think the republican platform...

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
What issues will the republican platform run on next election?

#1. Ability to pick a third conservative SCOTUS judge.
#2. Repeal of Roe vs Wade. (goes with #1)
#3. Anything bad is due to the Dems, anything good is due SOLELY due to Trump.

War on drugs. Conservative SCOTUS.

Nobody wants to overturn Roe v Wade. We know the liberals would outright lose their minds and there would be a civil war. Cannot take away that right to end life. No way. They're as protective of that as conservatives are of our border.

That is an excellent question.

Under the assumption that the GOP as it was once known has been infiltrated, fragmented and destroyed my guess is that it will not find its way. The GOP isn't what it was or might have been and it ain't coming back soon, if ever.

Most of the good people, the real Republicans, have left office. What remains are old self-serving white male corporatists, political dregs, opportunists, ideologues, a semi organized mob of racists, bigots and dominionists. It is their voice, not the voice of real Republicans, that we will hear. Their platform will be about economic hope and social and international fear. It will be about throwing bones to the extreme right religionists. It will be about isolationism. It will be about protectionism. It will be the standard tired old white guy drivel they have been saying for a while now.

I don't care.

1. I'm not part of any Party.

2. A "platform" means nothing. There are no consequences to any Party member who goes against the platform.

3. The reality is...regardless what their Party platform states, elected officials will do what their donors tell them to do.

I prefer to see what a Party's actions are. I tend to ignore their words. Don't tell me what you believe...show me.

That is an excellent question. The usual lies, promising to reduce the power and expense of the federal government, will be told. Of course, when those republicants actually pretend to govern (their post election actions) they grow the power and expense of the federal government, yet not quite as fast as their demorat alternatives would like to.

I don't care.

1. I'm not part of any Party.

2. A "platform" means nothing. There are no consequences to any Party member who goes against the platform.

3. The reality is...regardless what their Party platform states, elected officials will do what their donors tell them to do.

I prefer to see what a Party's actions are. I tend to ignore their words. Don't tell me what you believe...show me.

So you might be voting democrat?

LOL

Populist isolationism
Secure borders
Investment in manufacturing
Deregulation
Omphaloskepsis

You don’t care what the GOP issues are.

But you’ll vote for them regardless.

???

I've said nothing about whether I care what the GOP issues are. I spoke about a platform.

btw, my remarks about a Party platform were not directed towards any particular Party.

Try to keep trump family out of jail
Figure why trump has been able to dupe his supporters.
Make up some fake crisis that entertains liberals.

Lmao

Back
Top Bottom