• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open Season On Russians

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have no problem with this, and they are doing this anyway. Russians are the invaders, they are in fact targeting and killing civilians, and should be treated as such.

Which makes it pretty much open season on Ukrainians from the pov of the Russian soldiers.

We can argue the rights and wongs but that is pretty much the bottom line.

We always here about how Hamas should detach itself from the civilian population of Gaza and fight directly with the IDF but no demands as yet for the Ukrainian army to do so. No charges of them using Ukrainian civilians as human shields for using the same tactic either. Once more just some of the same double standards that make the coverage of this war so illunimating from a propaganda swallowing pov

I have no problem with this, and they are doing this anyway. Russians are the invaders, they are in fact targeting and killing civilians, and should be treated as such.

Are those the civilians with guns or the civilians without them?

Are they firing from civilian buildings and then claiming that the response is targeting civilians?

This is the fog of war but you appear to have those special glasses that can see right through it

Which makes it pretty much open season on Ukrainians from the pov of the Russian soldiers.

This is already happening, Russians willing to kill women and kids going after hospitals and humanitarian routes.

Are those the civilians with guns or the civilians without them?

Are they firing from civilian buildings and then claiming that the response is targeting civilians?

This is the fog of war but you appear to have those special glasses that can see right through it

What makes you think Russia is being precise here?

We can argue the rights and wongs but that is pretty much the bottom line.

We always here about how Hamas should detach itself from the civilian population of Gaza and fight directly with the IDF but no demands as yet for the Ukrainian army to do so. No charges of them using Ukrainian civilians as human shields for using the same tactic either. Once more just some of the same double standards that make the coverage of this war so illunimating from a propaganda swallowing pov
The Russian military has already been killing civilians.

This is already happening, Russians willing to kill women and kids going after hospitals and humanitarian routes.

We were all treated to the scenes of Ukrainian civilians toting guns. The women being shown by " US volunteers" how to use knives. The population being shown to be making molotov cocktails stashes etc etc and that was when the Russian forces went in quite lightly.

You own weapons killed kids and women in Afghanistan/Iraq and a whole load of other places, ongoing Ever heard of Kunduz?

This is what happens in wars but we have been led such a dance here that we think it only happens when the Russians do it.

What makes you think Russia is being precise here?

I didn't say that they were or were not/ I said the fog of war and the obvious use of civilians by the Ukrainian gov has made the situation even more prone to the above.

The Russian military has already been killing civilians.

So does everyone else in a war. That's what happens. How many US drone strikes have struck weddings etc? Why do you think I hate the things?

So does everyone else in a war.
Most of the time it is a casualty, with Russia it is intentional. They did it Syria, they are doing it in Ukraine.

The government in Kiev must be losing its nerves. The appeal is more emotional than tactical. A partisan war still demands careful planning and execution. Telling grandma to go out and shoot soldiers is not rational. It's feel good but not effective guerrilla warfare.

So does everyone else in a war. That's what happens. How many US drone strikes have struck weddings etc? Why do you think I hate the things?
Then why don’t you call upon Russia to cease killing civilians in a foreign land, and pause this war of their doing, instead of your endless stream of whataboutisms about Iraq, whining about Ukrainians having the temerity to defend their homeland and government/sovereignty, etc.? Why has it been so difficult for you to do so, thus far? It’s obvious you do not want to. I just cannot tell whether it’s because you just like being contrarian or whether you actually want to Make Ukraine Russian Again.

Nope, I'm sure this elderly couple in a stopped car needed to be murdered by direct fire from a Russian armored vehicle...

Any more Russian apologists want to defend this? See the video folks...

Most of the time it is a casualty, with Russia it is intentional. They did it Syria, they are doing it in Ukraine.

They are as guilty of war crimes etc as the next cournty / army. That's why people should seek to avoid wars altogether but just look at the people here wanting to see further weapons deployments with a tangible indifference to how that will create a wider conflict.

Tell me, how many weddings/funerals has the US targeted in its self proclaimed role as global enforcer? How come they repeatedly attacked the hospital in Kunduz ?

When you don't do the same/similar you might be in a position to complain about it. Seeing as you appear indifferent to the fact that your own do it, as do mine btw, you/me are not in a position to call out others.

Join the antiwar folk here instead of being a partisan hypocrite about them.

It doesn't help that the Ukrainians have been handing out guns to civilians does it?

Then why don’t you call upon Russia to cease killing civilians in a foreign land, and pause this war of their doing, instead of your endless stream of whataboutisms about Iraq, whining about Ukrainians having the temerity to defend their homeland and government/sovereignty, etc.? Why has it been so difficult for you to do so, thus far? It’s obvious you do not want to. I just cannot tell whether it’s because you just like being contrarian or whether you actually want to Make Ukraine Russian Again.

I wish the war would end this minute and don't support it. I hate all wars and hate the people who push for them. Can you say the same? Or is it dependent on whether your own side is the one doing the killing?

They are as guilty of war crimes etc as the next cournty / army. That's why people should seek to avoid wars altogether but just look at the people here wanting to see further weapons deployments with a tangible indifference to how that will create a wider conflict.

Tell me, how many weddings/funerals has the US targeted in its self proclaimed role as global enforcer? How come they repeatedly attacked the hospital in Kunduz ?

When you don't do the same/similar you might be in a position to complain about it. Seeing as you appear indifferent to the fact that your own do it, as do mine btw, you/me are not in a position to call out others.

Join the antiwar folk here instead of being a partisan hypocrite about them.

It doesn't help that the Ukrainians have been handing out guns to civilians does it?
Why not? Seems the civilians have done quite a bit of damage. It's probably one of the reasons Russia has not been as successful as they'd like.

Nope, I'm sure this elderly couple in a stopped car needed to be murdered by direct fire from a Russian armored vehicle...

Any more Russian apologists want to defend this? See the video folks...

You can't defend it. If civilians are deliberately targeted it's a war crime and I have no issue calling them out

Here's a little sample of the crimes committed by your own/my own. The footage from Panama, that huge threat to the USA, is virtually the same as the footage we are seeing in the Ukraine BUT it wasn't blasted over the media 24/7

Are you going to comdemn these or are you going to apologize for them?

Why not? Seems the civilians have done quite a bit of damage. It's probably one of the reasons Russia has not been as successful as they'd like.

So, on the one hand you triumph the arming of civilians and applaud their killing of Russian troops and then on the other you condemn the Russian troops for killing the civilians.

Once you arm them they cease to be civilians and are legitimate targets for Russian soldiers. That's the whole point of why you shouldn't be arming them. It invites retaliations on a scale that probably would not have been on the scale if they hadn't of been armed.

Consistency is completly absent from your post.

So, on the one hand you triumph the arming of civilians and applaud their killing of Russian troops and then on the other you condemn the Russian troops for killing the civilians.

Once you arm them they cease to be civilians and are legitimate targets for Russian soldiers. That's the whole point of why you shouldn't be arming them. It invites retaliations on a scale that probably would not have been on the scale if they hadn't of been armed.

"Putin apologists have no sense of shame."

Shitty retarded US govt propaganda - from the same people that have a habit of fabricating evidence and accusing other falsely, while they're committing lots of war crimes in all kinds of unprovoked wars!
ps. mentioning women and children is discriminatory!

They are killing unarmed civilians as well. Better to be an armed civilian than an unarmed one when Russians come shooting.

Back
Top Bottom