• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open Mind hides crime record

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I am watching an episode of Open Mind on PBS, in which Alexander Heffner interviews a Black sociologist, Michael Walker, regarding the jail conditions, particularly sleep deprivation, after his arrest. I keep waiting for Walker to reveal what he was arrested for. It’s never disclosed, and Heffner never asks hm that detail. Walker said he ultimately reached a plea deal which gave him a 180-day sentence, of which he served 120.

Just another case of the liberal media hiding facts that they decide the viewer doesn’t need to know.

I am watching an episode of Open Mind on PBS, in which Alexander Heffner interviews a Black sociologist, Michael Walker, regarding the jail conditions, particularly sleep deprivation, after his arrest. I keep waiting for Walker to reveal what he was arrested for. It’s never disclosed, and Heffner never asks hm that detail. Walker said he ultimately reached a plea deal which gave him a 180-day sentence, of which he served 120.

Just another case of the liberal media hiding facts that they decide the viewer doesn’t need to know.

Is it pertinent to the subject matter, though? If the whole point of the show is to talk about jail conditions, wouldn't the conditions be the same pretty much regardless of the crime? Whether he was in there for car theft or aggravated assault or possession with intent, he would have still experienced the same conditions. The only difference would come from how it would prejudice the viewing audience.

Arrested while trying to pay parking tickets. There's a book on the whole incident. (Amazon)
Just saw your sig for the first time. Check out a bag of dirt on your next hardware store trip.

Arrested while trying to pay parking tickets. There's a book on the whole incident. (Amazon)
In the first minutes of the show, one gets the impression that he was arrested for not paying the tickets but after he confessed to a destructive lifestyle, it becomes clear he was arrested for something else. Anytime someone says they are arrested, the natural query is "What for?" Concealing that information makes many people wonder what else is that person hiding and casts a shadow on their credibility.

OMG, EEEEKKKKK, liberals will be the death of America. It's as if they're not human, or Americans, hell, do they even breath? I mean, they wore those face diapers for a year.

Come on dude, you don't have to go to such lengths to hate libs. Just post a huge, GO BRANDON and be done with it.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In the first minutes of the show, one gets the impression that he was arrested for not paying the tickets but after he confessed to a destructive lifestyle, it becomes clear he was arrested for something else. Anytime someone says they are arrested, the natural query is "What for?" Concealing that information makes many people wonder what else is that person hiding and casts a shadow on their credibility.
Anyone who "got the impression" he was arrested for not paying tickets was not paying attention to what he said. And because you are nosy is not a valid reason why he should be asked about stuff irrelevant to the topic. Just because you are curious about his sex life is not a justification for a reporter asking him those questions.

OMG, EEEEKKKKK, liberals will be the death of America. It's as if they're not human, or Americans, hell, do they even breath? I mean, they wore those face diapers for a year.

Come on dude, you don't have to go to such lengths to hate libs. Just post a huge, GO BRANDON and be done with it.
I am the Falcon. I have a left wing and a right wing. How could I fly without both? I have received all three COVID shots and wear a mask every time I got to the store. I believe in Medicare for All.

Right. I'm sure there is no more to the story than that. LOL. -smh-

Considering sleep deprivation is banned by the Geneva convention does it matter what his crime was?

Back
Top Bottom