• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open Letter to POTUS

mbeck

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Mr. President,

It is with utter disgust that I write to you again. The petty nature of the posturing and game playing in DC is utterly vile. The comments that I have seen from Congress (Dems and Reps), your office, yourself, and even your wife are not the words becoming of people that should even be involved in Government, let along running it. This land is becoming poison because NO ONE in DC is willing to work together. Your refusal to budge one inch on anything puts you every bit as much at fault for the shutdown as anyone else. You are the President, and the leader, therefore ALL of this falls squarely on your head. No one else. It is your administration, your Congress, your time in the spotlight. How history will judge you will be based upon your leadership or lack thereof that you show right now. If you and Congress refuse to work together and take this country back off of a financial cliff, trust me, the people will not put up with it. There will be HELL to pay. You stand at the precipice of the destruction of this country, and as the leader it is YOUR responsibility to make amends and provide a conduit to resolution. If this country fails now, you will go down in history as the man that destroyed America. Stop playing games and DO YOUR JOB. The American people deserve and demand it. If you do not, the Americans that own this country will make that decision for you - be it the hard way or easy way. The choice is yours. History is watching. This is your legacy.

Regards,

MB

Mr. President,

It is with utter disgust that I write to you again. The petty nature of the posturing and game playing in DC is utterly vile. The comments that I have seen from Congress (Dems and Reps), your office, yourself, and even your wife are not the words becoming of people that should even be involved in Government, let along running it. This land is becoming poison because NO ONE in DC is willing to work together. Your refusal to budge one inch on anything puts you every bit as much at fault for the shutdown as anyone else. You are the President, and the leader, therefore ALL of this falls squarely on your head. No one else. It is your administration, your Congress, your time in the spotlight. How history will judge you will be based upon your leadership or lack thereof that you show right now. If you and Congress refuse to work together and take this country back off of a financial cliff, trust me, the people will not put up with it. There will be HELL to pay. You stand at the precipice of the destruction of this country, and as the leader it is YOUR responsibility to make amends and provide a conduit to resolution. If this country fails now, you will go down in history as the man that destroyed America. Stop playing games and DO YOUR JOB. The American people deserve and demand it. If you do not, the Americans that own this country will make that decision for you - be it the hard way or easy way. The choice is yours. History is watching. This is your legacy.

Regards,

MB

Monty Python's "Spamalot" is now on tour.

You wanna go?

You wanna go?

Not spam, initially placed into the wrong forum. Sorry for offending your sensitivities. Boohoo.

You wanna go?

I saw that show on Broadway, it was freaking hilarious. Highly, highly recommended.

Mr. President,

Regards,

MB

If the POTUS is hearing this kind of thinking, he is dismissing it.

He has no sense of the history or the responsibility of the office into which he has been placed.

He is a Chicago machine politician with no integrity, no leadership abilities and no ethics.

He sees his job as one of advancing the Democrat Party. He has no concern for the country or the people of the country.

After Michelle was proud of this country of the first time in her life, she probably is more and more proud as the debt becomes completely untenable, our international prestige evaporates, the possiblitiy of prosperity for most of the population disintegrates and the future becomes an empty and hopeless abyss for the average American.

This is a Liberal wet dream come true.

He has to be hearing it, I am FAR from the only one who feels this way and is broadcasting their views. As you stated, he is dismissing it by choice. There is zero leadership in DC anymore on either side of the house. I've been watching the arguments in the house and senate for the last few days. Every single member of Congress, Dems or Reps say EXACTLY the same thing as the previous speakers. Good god, my children have more relevant and rational arguments than these idiots in DC. And they are 5 and 11. As I have stated elsewhere, if they don't compromise, they are going to have an angry mob on the steps of the dome. American's have hit the wall with this. Even at a 10% approval rating Congress continues their bickering.

Not spam, initially placed into the wrong forum. Sorry for offending your sensitivities. Boohoo.
See the pyramid symbol at the bottom left of each post? You could have clicked it to tell mods to move it to the appropriate place.

I see that now. Thank you.

9784_600.jpg

Why would you want to read something that required brainpower? Much better to read 140 character tweets. Thank God you don't have to read the 20,000 pages of the affordable care act. Part of the issue, people basing decisions on roadside banners. Vote for Better Government - Vote Yes on Prop 102! Hey that sounds great, why wouldn't you vote yes for better Government?

Last edited:

So THAT'S why you placed it in three different forums.

Just couldn't find the right one,could you?

Correct. Not Spamalot. Although I love Monty Python. Quest for The Holy Grail is one of the greatest movies ever.

Mr. President,

Regards,

MB

Yeah...And don't forget about all those really good bills coming out of Congress that he's been vetoing all this time! *exit sarcastic mode*
I hate to burst your bubble, but the President is not the "leader" of Congress and he's definitely not the "babysitter-in-chief.
You may want to review about the 3 branches of government and what role each plays along with what role the leader of each branch plays.

Mr. President,

Regards,

MB

Response back from President to MB....

Dear MB

Thank you for your letter. I always appreciate vigilance of the Citizens who take interest in their government and are willing to take an active part in it. Having said, I also caution you from watching Fox news (commonly known among my staffers as Faux News) and the magnitude of B.S they have pilled and force fed you, no worries though thanks to MyCare, you are covered.

Now, to negate all that turd sandwich that was feed to you here are some facts about the shut down that was not covered in Faux news reporting.

Before all the talk over the shut down Republicans for the last 40 years or so ran on the idea that the government is the enemy, and yet two days into the government shutdown the House Republicans, which they themselves, caused, they had the balls to take to the people's chamber and complain about the shutdown's effects. Now of course you and people from your...shall we say frame of mind have been told by faux news and other mediums like them that was a liberal doing! Really!! When? When did the big-government Democrats become the no-government Democrats.

Six weeks ago, there was a letter that floated the idea of using, to paraphrase James Madison, the power of the purse as a weapon to redress grievances. Laying out a plan to "de-fund the implementation and enforcement of Obamacare in any... continuing appropriations bill". Essentially taking government hostage to get a rid of a bill that they other wise could not constitutionally undo. That letter was signed by 80 Congresspeople, all of them House Republicans

Also what is not covered on Faux news is the way Democrats (supposedly the very ones who are responsible for the shut down) are finding constitutionally correct ways to by pass the idiot house leaders and get the government working again.

Dems have hit on a way to use a “discharge petition,” which forces a House vote if a majority of Representatives signs it, to try to force the issue. Previously, it was thought this could not work, because a discharge petition takes 30 legislative days to ripen, so if this were tried with the clean CR that passed the Senate, this couldn’t bear fruit until some time in November.
But now House Democrats say they have found a previously filed bill to use as a discharge petition — one that would fund the government at sequester levels. The idea here is to create a vehicle with which a united Democratic Party could join with Republicans who say they support a clean funding bill to force a vote on reopening government, in the process overruling House Speaker John Boehner's refusal to allow a vote on the Senate's legislation to end the government shutdown.
According to Sargent, House Democrats believe they could force a vote as soon as Oct. 14—if enough Republicans are willing to cross the aisle and join Democrats in signing the petition.
Now my dear MB please stay tuned and far from Faux and see if Democrats do managed to get enough Republicans to join them who are willing to break ranks and get the government back to work. If so Kodos to Republicans. If not you exactly know who is to blame.

Sincerely yours
POTUS

Back
Top Bottom