• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Open letter to Kamala: Stop the stupidity now!

Message to Americans: Democrats proved in many instances, especially in forcing passage of Obamacare, that they do not compromise with conservatives, Christians or republicans. That is not Trump's fault.

Hint. Obamacare was passed before Trump. Of course it was not his fault.

Question. If one supported Obamacare, does that mean they are not a Christian?

Perhaps these "ideas" have some shape in your mind, but I suspect not.

Liberal ideas are to get rid of Trump any how they can and they have had many, but so far so good.

Since when are Bugaloo boyz and 3 percenters part of the BLM movement?
They're not. They also aren't anything close to a large portion of the people committing arson and looting associated with the BLM protests/riots.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes, I hate mass shooters and their enablers....and you hate BLM because they're black.

You have always been partisan, but honestly so. But that is a ****ing lie.

The GOP did a pretty good job of that themselves....using the N word...calling White Supremacists good people...etc.
You'll get no argument from me that the GOP needs to expell racists from it's midst. Ditto the Democratic party.

But, and, I keep having to point this out to people, If Something Is Wrong, then it's Wrong even if someone other than you does it too.

With your type of justification that means the NRA is equally responsible for school shootings.
....reading comprehension problems?

The others were idiots,

Maybe. Certainly lots of "smart" folks tried to justify their actions. Nor am I certain that "those people don't count because they're idiots" is the best defense.

However, if that is the case, then it ought to be easy for Harris & co. to denounce them and their actions.

The OP's head is a bag of angry cats. I have no idea why you think his demands have any relevance as they're not marked by lucidity and never have been.

I think "Open Letters" of this ilk tend to be useless except to rile up early riled up members of a base. However, put me down also generally as a fan of the notion that it's incumbent on each side to police it's edges, and expell the destructive forces within it's open ranks.

Anyone who buys a gun can get a free membership in the NRA...whereas BLM doesn't have a card carrying members. Yet you hold BLM responsible for their members looting and vandalism...but you don't hold NRA responsible for their members committing mass shootings...so yes, you are holding them to a different standard.

As I have explained to you, given that you are incorrect, and NRA members are not out there committing mass shootings in the NRA's name (or at all), no, the standard is the same.

Additionally, afaik, you don't get an NRA membership with a gun. Where did you get that from?

Hint. Obamacare was passed before Trump. Of course it was not his fault.

Question. If one supported Obamacare, does that mean they are not a Christian?

No, it means that if a politician supported Obamacare passage he must have been a democrat because not a single republican voted for the massive tax hike doubling as health insurance.

Or, in the case of democrats under attack, the democrat victims could threaten to shoot the rioting racist democrat gangsters.

D.A. Jackie Lacey’s husband pulls gun on Black Lives Matter protesters - Los Angeles Times

Video from the scene shows her husband standing in the doorway of their Granada Hills home pointing a gun and shouting, “I will shoot you. Get off of my porch.”

Until the BLM chaos, I had NOT planned to vote for Ms. Lacey (she's in a tight reelection campaign). I certainly WILL now.

If Kamala wants the Biden team to win she also has to show she is a law-abiding sensible politician who speaks out against the bad and condones the good. She could take a few lessons from Trump, who has won every major election he ever ran in.

Uh-huh.

NastyWoman.jpg

As I have explained to you, given that you are incorrect, and NRA members are not out there committing mass shootings in the NRA's name (or at all), no, the standard is the same.

Likewise, BLM members are not out there looting and vandalizing in BLM's name. But NRA members are out there using intimidation, terror and death threats in defense of mass shootings...

NRA's silence on police violence is deafening — its members’ attacks on Black victims are worse | Salon.com

Chicago priest 'receives death threats' after gun control rally outside store | World news | The Guardian

Pro-gun activists threaten to kill state lawmaker over bill they misunderstood | US news | The Guardian

NRA Members Send Death Threats To Dallas Restaurant | Michael Stone

Responses To Post On Guns Bateman - "You're Days Are Numbered": On Death Threats And Gun Rights

https://thegrio.com/2018/02/22/mayo...ves-death-threats-asking-nra-not-come-dallas/

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-school-shooting-survivors-death-threats-819484

https://www.csgv.org/new-threat-fro...re-will-be-no-acceptance-of-any-arms-control/

https://www.mediamatters.org/nation...ourage-harassment-and-threats-against-one-gun

Your double standard still applies.

Additionally, afaik, you don't get an NRA membership with a gun. Where did you get that from?

From the internet, where else?

Maybe. Certainly lots of "smart" folks tried to justify their actions. Nor am I certain that "those people don't count because they're idiots" is the best defense.

However, if that is the case, then it ought to be easy for Harris & co. to denounce them and their actions.

I think "Open Letters" of this ilk tend to be useless except to rile up early riled up members of a base. However, put me down also generally as a fan of the notion that it's incumbent on each side to police it's edges, and expell the destructive forces within it's open ranks.

Neat. Trump is actively cheating in the 2020 election right now. So police your own. But you did say "edges," which I think you specified so as not to have to address the fact that the head of your party is 100% corrupt and trying to overturn our democracy.

You'll get no argument from me that the GOP needs to expell racists from it's midst. Ditto the Democratic party.

But, and, I keep having to point this out to people, If Something Is Wrong, then it's Wrong even if someone other than you does it too.

so, we can start by expelling Trump from the party and that idiot that just won her primary in Georgia?

Likewise, BLM members are not out there looting and vandalizing in BLM's name.

This is unfortunately incorrect.

But NRA members are out there using intimidation, terror and death threats in defense of mass shootings...

And this is semi-fortunately incorrect. If you will observe your links (some of which seem to translate "did not denounce something" with "therefore supports something", which is an interesting standard for you to raise in this thread), you will note not a single instance the NRA or it's membership using intimidation, terror, and death threats in defense of mass shootings. Instead, you have highlighted some instances of anti-gun activists claiming to have received death threats (and, given the hyperbolic tribal idiocy of these times, that certainly seems plausible), only one of which seems connected tangentially to the NRA; a case where the local state chapter's spokesman called an anti-gun advocate a terrorist. I solidly concur that is stupid and harmful rhetoric, and he shouldn't have said it.

In no instances, however, were mass shootings conducted on behalf of the NRA, nor did mass shooters stem from the NRA, nor have, for that matter, NRA spokesmen or defenders defended mass shootings. With the BLM movement, we have seen looters and arsonists claiming to work on behalf of BLM's cause, we have seen them stem from the BLM movement, and we have seen BLM defenders defend the looting and arson.

So, no. The standard is simple. Let me know when NRA members conduct mass shootings in the name of defending the Second Amendment, and the NRA's defenders or spokesmen defend mass shooting. Until then, your attempt to tie the two together lacks supporting reason. The NRA doesn't want it's members to play footsie with mass shooters or become them - the NRA wants it's members to kill mass shooters.

From the internet, where else?

Ah. So it is not a matter of "anyone who buys a gun can get an NRA membership for free". Instead "some gun manufacturers are offering NRA memberships with purchase as an incentive".

Last edited:
so, we can start by expelling Trump from the party and that idiot that just won her primary in Georgia?

Count me down as in favor of the general thrust of that plan since fall of 2015.

Neat. Trump is actively cheating in the 2020 election right now.

Sure. Magically only the other side ever cheats, and that's the only possible way their occasional victories can be achieved.

When you look at the Trump administration, what part of it screams "This Organization Is Incredibly Effective, Incredibly Competent, Incredibly Good At Keeping Embarrassing Information Secret, And Is Therefore Likely To Be Able To Pull Off A Nation-Wide Conspiracy Involving Thousands Of People, Many Of Whom Will Be Actively Opposed To The Project" to you?

Don't let the fear-mongerers panic you, man. Lots of my tribe went down that route with the "Flight 93" nonsense, and it helped get us Trump. It's not going to have any long-term benefits for your side, either; it will only damage you. :(

So police your own.

I don't know if you've been paying attention to what I've been saying about Trump since fall of 2015, but you're talking to the guy who was the first on this Forum to declare NeverTrump, who supported his impeachment, and who has consistently (when the opportunity arose) taken grim satisfaction in bludgeoning Republicans who claim he's an effective conservative leader with his many, many, many failures and ways in which the desire to prioritize supporting him above all has forced them to abandon their previous self-proclaimed "values".

Sure. Magically only the other side ever cheats,

Yes, actually that's true. Republicans are paranoid about cheating because they're doing all the cheating. Deal with it. Or don't. But if you don't, don't you dare talk to me about "policing our edges."

I hope the 2020 election heals you from the damage of 2016 :(.

Typical trump supporter garbage: "You lost, libs, deal with it" combined with implied "TDS, hur hur."

Back
Top Bottom