• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open Ended Question- Who, and Why does anyone support Trump for President in 2024?

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I get that there are millions of misguided Americans who still, somehow, unbelievably, support this guy.

But amongst even the most ardent of you, do you really believe he could have a chance against literally anyone in the 2024 election?

I think that chance is -0-. But also know Biden is not a great candidate. So if a decent Republican candidate could unseat incumbent Biden, why does the party continue to hitch it's wagon to a proven, and guaranteed loser?

Because the cult thinks they're with trump against a 'Republican establishment' as well as Democrats. Everyone said trump couldn't win in 2016, why should they agree he can't win in 2024? And... they're a cult.

I'll take Trump over any turds the Democrats are peddling but I think both parties should see its time to get some new blood.

Is there any potential Dem nominee that won't bend to the will of the left extremists and woketards?

Because the cult thinks they're with trump against a 'Republican establishment' as well as Democrats. Everyone said trump couldn't win in 2016, why should they agree he can't win in 2024? And... they're a cult.
Well you would think the clown whipping he took in 2020 would temper those thoughts?
But maybe that was only because of the "as yet to be determined" mass voter fraud?

Well you would think the clown whipping he took in 2020 would temper those thoughts?

Why would you think the trump cult would be rational? That their support for him is based on his likely chances? You're treating this like they're normal and he's a normal politician.

I'll take Trump over any turds the Democrats are peddling but I think both parties should see its time to get some new blood.

Is there any potential Dem nominee that won't bend to the will of the left extremists and woketards?
Translation: I'll take a former POTUS who incited an insurrection against the United States over a candidate from my adversarial political party 'just because.'

Translation: I'll take a former POTUS who incited an insurrection against the United States over a candidate from my adversarial political party 'just because.'

TDS.

And not just because. Not everybody shares your political ideologies.

Because I don't side with the regressive agenda and I'm not a sensitive wiener that needs a safe space from Orange Man mean Tweets. He's an egomaniac...just like most politicians.
The insanity doesn't bother you? The insurrection? The lies? None of that phases you?

The only Republican candidate Biden can defeat in 2024 is Trump....And Trump would lose again because there is enough people with common sense that will vote against him.

Cults of personality are not based on reason but rather on despair and the charisma of the object of the cult. This is a matter of the heart rather than a position born out of reason. As long as enough Americans believe that former President Donald Trump can metaphorically burn down the institutions of power and authority which they believe constrain and limit their lives in America and abroad, the cult will remain strong in the large minority of Americans who cleave to it. This is secular religion and not rational ideology at play here. Mr Trump represents the powerful demolition charge which his followers would like to throw through every government window and doorway. What was seen on Jan. 6th, 2021 was a small sample of what they want to see across the board for the Federal state. Zealous Trump followers are modern-day Levellers out to tear it all down so as to begin anew amidst the ruins of the past.

Cheers, be well and be very, very wary of what is to come!
Evilroddy.

I get that there are millions of misguided Americans who still, somehow, unbelievably, support this guy.

But amongst even the most ardent of you, do you really believe he could have a chance against literally anyone in the 2024 election?

I think that chance is -0-. But also know Biden is not a great candidate. So if a decent Republican candidate could unseat incumbent Biden, why does the party continue to hitch it's wagon to a proven, and guaranteed loser?
Trump definitely has baggage. The question is can any Dem ( since Biden will not run again)
beat any Republican? That's just how bad the Dem policies are, and the country probs reflect it

I supported Trump for his MAGA agenda (if he runs will it be Ultra-Maga). Others can support the same agenda and be more electable.. The primaries will shake it out. that's what they are for

Basically, it boils down to who is the least undesirable candidate in nearly every election.
I've never found a candidate who I agreed totally with their agenda. Same goes for Party platforms.
Elections were usually won as the result of many different issues, though today the trend seems to be becoming more simply Party by many, perhaps even most, voters.

Bandwagon.

But don't worry, Biden has a ten astrologically and can stand against most of the opposition with their new Moon in 2024.

The who is anyone who supports competence and good government over news bites.

The why is self-evident. He was a good President and they want that back.

HAHAHA
Nope he sucked which is why he lost and which is why he has no chance if he actually runs again in 2024

I voted Clinton in 2016, but voted Trump in 2020.

Had Trump had enough decency to accept his loss graciously (whether or not he thought it legitimate), I would have considered voting for him in 2024 because his policies weren’t horrible.

His actions after Election Day - nope. He doesn’t respect the peaceful transfer of power and his ego can’t take losing, even for the greater good.

So, no, I would not vote for him again and I do hope the GOP has enough common sense not to run him.

I’d like to see fresh candidates from both sides, to be honest.

We need a unifier. Or at least someone that can try to be one.

Trump nor Biden will be the President come Jan 2025

How do you like them apples?

Because I don't side with the regressive agenda and I'm not a sensitive wiener that needs a safe space from Orange Man mean Tweets. He's an egomaniac...just like most politicians.
Why would you want a traitor back in power? What does that make you?

I don't care if he was the greatest President in the history of the country. He is a traitor that should not be anywhere near power again.

Back
Top Bottom