• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Op-Ed: Racist?

I have to say, I've seen as much or more entitlement to bigotry in the black people as in the white people I've known. Ethnocentric instints are outgrown through personal introspection not through group identity and victimhood.

Remarkable. I've had no such experience. If true, we whites are fortunate that they lack our power to back-up that bigotry.

I have to say, I've seen as much or more entitlement to bigotry in the black people as in the white people I've known. Ethnocentric instints are outgrown through personal introspection not through group identity and victimhood.

That may be your personal experience but it’s anecdotal and not important. Black people have no power to oppress white people in this country.

Remarkable. I've had no such experience. If true, we whites are fortunate that they lack our power to back-up that bigotry.

They lacked no power to back it up when I was a child in East Cleveland. It was called verbal harassment and violence. They still have that power.

It's naive and insulting to me and my experience when I hear white people say that bigotry is a white problem alone.

That may be your personal experience but it’s anecdotal and not important. Black people have no power to oppress white people in this country.

Yeah, well I got anecdotally treated as shitty as I've ever seen a black person treated by a white person. If thats not important, it's because YOU don't care if white people are the victim.

Back
Top Bottom