• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OOPS: McCarthy Accidentally Posts & Frantically Hides Extreme MAGA Agenda

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Is this an own?? We need more extremism now than ever before

From the Commitment to America Members’ toolkit:

toolkit

From the Commitment to America webpage:

health

The extreme MAGA House GOP is already on record about how they intend to implement their extreme plans for a federal law to criminalize abortion in all 50 states:

• 166 House Republicans, including GOP Whip Scalise and Chair Stefanik, have co-sponsored a “Life Begins at Conception” bill that would use the 14th Amendment to criminalize all abortion after the moment of fertilization, with absolutely no exceptions for rape, incest or the health of the woman.
  • 179 House Republicans have co-sponsored or endorsed as members of the Republican Study Committee a bill to criminalize abortion nationwide after six weeks, before most women even know they are pregnant, with no exceptions for rape or incest, explicitly punishable by 5-year sentences in federal prison for doctors.
  • 205 House Republicans voted in support of arresting, finding or suing women for traveling across state lines to obtain an abortion.
  • 195 House Republicans voted against the fundamental right to contraception.
  • 210 House Republicans voted against restoring the fundamental rights that women had for almost 50 years under Roe v. Wade, with the Women’s Health Protection Act.

I loathe what McCarthy has done and I hope that, in a final pique of disloyalty, Trump finds a way to deny him the Speakership he's sold his soul for, but, I'm confused about how any of this is supposedly an EXTREME MAGA AGENDA as opposed to.... standard Conservative policy positions....

EXTREME MAGA REPUBLICANS ..... are pro life......

Republicans want to reduce government takeover of the medical field EXTREME MAGA STYLE

EXTREME MAGA REPUBLICANS ... support the second amendment, and individual liberty when it comes to expression of one's deepest beliefs..... EXTREME MAGA FIRST AMENDMENT STYLE

Support a minority's right to protest and petition for redress of grievances? YOU'RE EXTREME MAGA.

Look, if ya'll just put "MAGA" next to anything you don't like, then MAGA ceases to have any independent meaning. It just means "thing you don't like".

I loathe what McCarthy has done and I hope that, in a final pique of disloyalty, Trump finds a way to deny him the Speakership he's sold his soul for, but, I'm confused about how any of this is supposedly an EXTREME MAGA AGENDA as opposed to.... standard Conservative policy positions....
That was kinda my thinking as I read it. It is no more extreme than standard conservative policy the last 20 or so years. The, and I use the term very loosely, "article" follows up those standard positions with over the top hyperbole about each one, but the actual McCarthy stuff is just all out standard.

I hate the agenda McCarthy and conservatives have, but this thread is a perfect example of why you should not overstate things and go to hyperbole. Instead of opposing the McCarthy agenda, all the thread does is make one question the OP.

But we have screenshots

These folks aren't pro life, they are pro fetus. Once that fetus pops out, start pulling yourself up by your bootstraps you lazy good for nothing libs.

That was kinda my thinking as I read it. It is no more extreme than standard conservative policy the last 20 or so years. The, and I use the term very loosely, "article" follows up those standard positions with over the top hyperbole about each one, but the actual McCarthy stuff is just all out standard.

I hate the agenda McCarthy and conservatives have, but this thread is a perfect example of why you should not overstate things and go to hyperbole. Instead of opposing the McCarthy agenda, all the thread does is make one question the OP.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I was a Republican for 36 years before Trump and the wingnuts who support him turned me off. I hung in very conservative circles and worked on many Republican candidates' campaigns. While most were against abortion rights, it was only a very few, and I mean VERY few, who wanted to make it such that women who got abortions were arrested - and those people were religious nutters on the fringe of the party.

And I don't remember a single person ever suggesting that 5 weeks was an appropriate timeline for being able to procure an abortion. I'm a woman who had 3 children and also lost one pregnancy. Most women have no idea at all that they are pregnant at 5 weeks.

And most of them understood that rape and incest were horrible things, and were not of the mindset that a young child should be forced to carry to term the product of her rape by her uncle or father.

Also, except for the Duggar types, most of them didn't want to ban contraception. In fact, I would suspect that most of the conservatives and Republicans I knew well used it themselves.

1. Uphold and protect free speech and religious liberty as long as it's pro-white nationalism speech and the "Christian" Nationalist religion.
2. Defend the unborn, fight for life, and protect Supreme Court justices and pro-life organizations targeted by destruction and violence while crushing women's rights and any chance for future opposition justices through destruction and violence.
3. Safeguard the Second Amendment and stop the targeting of law-abiding citizens as long as they agree with us and are the right color.

Religions are already supposed to be at liberty, all religions.
How is trying to stop mass murder of children targeting law abiding citizens?

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I was a Republican for 36 years before Trump and the wingnuts who support him turned me off. I hung in very conservative circles and worked on many Republican candidates' campaigns. While most were against abortion rights, it was only a very few, and I mean VERY few, who wanted to make it such that women who got abortions were arrested - and those people were religious nutters on the fringe of the party.

And I don't remember a single person ever suggesting that 5 weeks was an appropriate timeline for being able to procure an abortion. I'm a woman who had 3 children and also lost one pregnancy. Most women have no idea at all that they are pregnant at 5 weeks.

And most of them understood that rape and incest were horrible things, and were not of the mindset that a young child should be forced to carry to term the product of her rape by her uncle or father.

Also, except for the Duggar types, most of them didn't want to ban contraception. In fact, I would suspect that most of the conservatives and Republicans I knew well used it themselves.
But what he said on the webpage referred to was "protect the unborn". That is it.

But what he said on the webpage referred to was "protect the unborn". That is it.

Post #5 provides more detail. That is what the Republicans are proposing. And it is not what they ever proposed in the past. They have gone way off the rails, and need to be called out. These are not the Eisenhower/Reagan Republicans that I ever knew.

Post #5 provides more detail. That is what the Republicans are proposing. And it is not what they ever proposed in the past. They have gone way off the rails, and need to be called out. These are not the Eisenhower/Reagan Republicans that I ever knew.
But the OP is not all bent out of shape about generic proposals from the republicans, but what is on one website.

Life expectancy dropped because of COVID, which was made worse by COVIDiots. The right made COVIDiocy a political position. Many could not be bothered to wear masks, and the same people refused the vaccine even though their orange shithead got the vaccine and used at least one legitimate cutting edge treatment when he got sick. No horse paste, aquarium cleaner, huffing Lysol, or black light enemas for him.

And that's the problem - it is standard "conservative" policy. Same diff.

But that's not who's running the party now.

EXTREME MAGA REPUBLICANS ..... are pro life......

Republicans want to reduce government takeover of the medical field EXTREME MAGA STYLE

EXTREME MAGA REPUBLICANS ... support the second amendment, and individual liberty when it comes to expression of one's deepest beliefs..... EXTREME MAGA FIRST AMENDMENT STYLE

Support a minority's right to protest and petition for redress of grievances? YOU'RE EXTREME MAGA.

Look, if ya'll just put "MAGA" next to anything you don't like, then MAGA ceases to have any independent meaning. It just means "thing you don't like".
Be honest they are not pro-life they just picked an emotional issue to rally the Christian wacko's vote.
They have never once done anything to help those living except lower taxes for the rich.

They do not value individual liberty except for those just like themselves.,
MAGA is an anti government movement that wants to tear down the norms and fabric of our society.

But that's not who's running the party now.
I appreciate the efforts of those who wish to defend the nostalgic view of the party. I'm sometimes one of those. But, I've recently come to view my own views as horribly naive. Looking into the history of the party, and the influence of the conservatives within it, I realize that those threads have always been there. What is different, now, is that there is no moderation of those views. It's just the extremists.

Last edited:

That's how the con works, dude. They dress everything up in language to make it sound like they're standing for virtue, so in discussions like this people can always say "but look, all they're saying is that they stand for _________. That's not so crazy, is it?"

Tres was addressing the actual things they push under the thin guise of that language. When They write "protect the unborn", they now mean exactly what tres said.

Taking them at their word is the only way anyone got surprised that the stacked court would toss Roe. "But they said that starer decisis is important!". Sure. They did. Until it wasn't.

That's how the con works, dude. They dress everything up in language to make it sound like they're standing for virtue, so in discussions like this people can always say "but look, all they're saying is that they stand for _________. That's not so crazy, is it?"

Tres was addressing the actual things they push under the thin guise of that language. When They write "protect the unborn", they now mean exactly what tres said.

Taking them at their word is the only way anyone got surprised that the stacked court would toss Roe. "But they said that starer decisis is important!". Sure. They did. Until it wasn't.
I couldn't agree more.

And that's the problem - it is standard "conservative" policy. Same diff.
If everyone one is EXTREME MAGA on the right, then no one is, and the term loses it's meaning.

Have the policy debate, sure. But conflating support for the First Amendment with attempting to overthrow our form of government is stupid.

Be honest they are not pro-life they just picked an emotional issue to rally the Christian wacko's vote.
They have never once done anything to help those living except lower taxes for the rich.

They do not value individual liberty except for those just like themselves.,
MAGA is an anti government movement that wants to tear down the norms and fabric of our society.
You are fighting a strawman.

Back
Top Bottom