• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only in America . . .

Falderall.

Individual policies can be purchased at reasonable rates, well, until they let the ACA squirm through. So now, those who didn't want all the bells and whistles and low deductibles have no choice, minimum coverage my required with a premium to boot.
If you have a pre-existing condition then individual insurance was not affordable or you were just flat out denied insurance. The only reason insurance is affordable through employers is because the risk is spread through a pool of the insured. With ACA you still have the same choices you had before except now you will have more choices...and you can still keep the same insurance through your employer.

:2wave::2wave: I know I always count the number of smileys to determine whether or not someone has served this country in the military, CIA, or any of many other such groups. It's not superficial at all and a completely reliable guide not only to verify service, but also provides significant insight into personal affairs. Smileys. Who knew?

Too cute. Twelve year old girls love smiley's but I wouldn't presume they served in the military, either.

If you have a pre-existing condition then individual insurance was not affordable or you were just flat out denied insurance. The only reason insurance is affordable through employers is because the risk is spread through a pool of the insured. With ACA you still have the same choices you had before except now you will have more choices...and you can still keep the same insurance through your employer.

Mmmm, not quite. Employers have to conform to the 'minimum' requirements of the ACA, so any policy not conforming will have to change. So, no, you can't necessarily keep the same insurance....

I view keeping insurance, no matter through an employer or individual policy, as MY responsibility, so technically, most PE's were covered anyway. If I lost my job tomorrow, I would be paying the COBRA necessary to keep continuous insurance in place, and since I've had that insurance more than 18 months prior to termination, PEs are covered under new group policies.

Mmmm, not quite. Employers have to conform to the 'minimum' requirements of the ACA, so any policy not conforming will have to change. So, no, you can't necessarily keep the same insurance....

I suspect the minimum requirements are much different than they are now.

I view keeping insurance, no matter through an employer or individual policy, as MY responsibility, so technically, most PE's were covered anyway. If I lost my job tomorrow, I would be paying the COBRA necessary to keep continuous insurance in place, and since I've had that insurance more than 18 months prior to termination, PEs are covered under new group policies.
I had to go on COBRA once and if I didn't have savings I wouldn't have been able to afford it at $400 per person per month and still pay all my other bills. Luckily I wasn't unemployed for very long.

Gotta love the logical gymnastics. We have a black President, therefore the government doesn't discriminate against blacks. They just jail a lot of em and give em harsher sentences.

Too cute. Twelve year old girls love smiley's but I wouldn't presume they served in the military, either.
Damn right. Somebody should do a study on the correlation of emoticons to military service. I might to it myself. I'll just put that idea over here on the "to do" list, right along with the design for the next turtle tunnel.

For some reason I just can't imagine a full grown adult man who claims to have served in the military putting cute little smiley's all over their posts like you do. It makes me question whether you really served at all.

I served as a civilian.:peace

Damn right. Somebody should do a study on the correlation of emoticons to military service. I might to it myself. I'll just put that idea over here on the "to do" list, right along with the design for the next turtle tunnel.
Great, let me know the results of your study. lol

I served as a civilian.:peace
Everyone always forgets about those civilian contractors working side by side with the military.

Hell half my platoon joined the service just so that they could get a job as a contractor when their service was complete. A former E-6 I deployed with is currently making 6 figures as a security contractor, in the same damn province we deployed in. He never leaves the fob, he checks badges and inspects civilian trucks at various points in Bagram.

Everyone always forgets about those civilian contractors working side by side with the military.

Hell half my platoon joined the service just so that they could get a job as a contractor when their service was complete. A former E-6 I deployed with is currently making 6 figures as a security contractor, in the same damn province we deployed in. He never leaves the fob, he checks badges and inspects civilian trucks at various points in Bagram.

Just under 34 years CIA.:peace

Back
Top Bottom