• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only in America . . .

Typical right wing crapola, if they don't like it they can do what's appropriate... either stay in Canada or go there.

I, on the other hand, encourage friendship with our neighbors to the north.

You're the one who announced it. Don't post things you don't want to discuss.:no:
Fine, if you don't like Obamacare you can move to Canada. How about them apples?

Only in America are the people denied affordable health care.
Only in America do people equate "affordable" to "someone else pays for it."

Only in America are banks unregulated.
Only in America are people stupid enough to think banks are unregulated, when they're possibly the most regulated entities in the world.

Only in America are minorities denied the right to vote.
Only in America do people see "illegal" as a "minority."

So are driving and gun laws. A truck load legal in one state isn't legal, or requires extra special permits, in another state. Deal with it.
We don't sell people anymore in this country. Deal with it.

Fine, if you don't like Obamacare you can move to Canada. How about them apples?

I am uniquely privileged in that I am in a situation where I am protected from the ravages of Obamacare. Personally, I have no dog in this fight, but I'm concerned by the misgovernment of my fellow citizens.:peace

Or the people wanting single payer can move to Canada and leave everyone else alone. :shrug:

We don't sell people anymore in this country. Deal with it.

No. Citizens sell their votes now. They sell them for Obamaphones..."someone else pays for it" health care...food stamps...etc.

So thats what the conservative healthplan boils down to, is it? Deal with it? Well, guess what we are dealing with it....with or without you.
And look at that national debt soar.

Stupid that he typed it out, or that he actually thought you could start one?
Stupid that he would reduce his own argument to fallacious hyperbole. If he wants to convince us that Canada thinks the US is stupid, he's making himself a perfect example.

And look at that national debt soar.

And then look at the national debt NOT soar....no where near the 90% threshold...not that it would matter if it did because the economy would still grow 2% annually....

"..Under current law, the debt is projected to decline from about 76 percent of GDP in 2014 to slightly below 71 percent in 2018.."
CBO | Updated Budget Projections: Fiscal Years 2013 to 2023

And while you're at it....look at the deficit NOT soar...

"..If the current laws that govern federal taxes and spending do not change, the budget deficit will shrink this year to $642 billion, CBO estimates, the smallest shortfall since 2008. Relative to the size of the economy, the deficit this year—at 4.0 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)—will be less than half as large as the shortfall in 2009, which was 10.1 percent of GDP..."

And then look at the national debt NOT soar....no where near the 90% threshold...not that it would matter if it did because the economy would still grow 2% annually....

"..Under current law, the debt is projected to decline from about 76 percent of GDP in 2014 to slightly below 71 percent in 2018.."

"..If the current laws that govern federal taxes and spending do not change, the budget deficit will shrink this year to $642 billion, CBO estimates, the smallest shortfall since 2008. Relative to the size of the economy, the deficit this year—at 4.0 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)—will be less than half as large as the shortfall in 2009, which was 10.1 percent of GDP..."

Why do you think the deficit is decreasing?

With BHO accounting for more of the national debt than any other POTUS. By the time he leaves office on 20 January 2017, BHO has a chance, if he works at it, to be responsble for more national debt than all other Presidents combined. Awesome.:ind::ind:

Oh those poor poor rich peeeeeple. <sniff sniff> Heaven forbid they should actually work for their money instead of skimming the earnings off from those who really do.

I'm in that group. I earned it working overseas to defend you. You're welcome.:peace

Oh those poor poor rich peeeeeple. <sniff sniff> Heaven forbid they should actually work for their money instead of skimming the earnings off from those who really do.
Just like you want to work for your health insurance, right?

Oh wait, you other people to pay your bills. Hmm

Yep <siniff, sniff> that mean old miser Bush gave the richest a 6% tax break and poorest only got a 50% tax break. Luckily the deficit hawk Obama took that away from the top 1.4% of taxpayers.

Back
Top Bottom