• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only in America . . .

Where's the "Only in Canada..." counter response for this thread?

I saw a lot of FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity shout downs at townhalls so no one else could speak in favor of Obamacare or understand what it really is.
It's over kill, is what it is. You don't need a big program to solve the problem of uninsured people. All you have to do is write one tiny little law requiring every citizen and resident to buy a policy with certain minimum requirements. It's that easy.

If paying for a private policy is a real concern, which I seriously doubt, then offer a tax credit to income-qualified people to cover the typical average low end price.

That's all there is to it.

What makes you think either of those events causes me to lose coverage?

It's the nature of the beast.

"They said I never mentioned I had a back problem," said Marrari, 52, whose coverage with Blue Cross was abruptly canceled in 2006 after a thyroid disorder, fluid in the heart and lupus were diagnosed. That left the Los Angeles woman with $25,000 in medical bills and the stigma of the company's claim that she had committed fraud by not listing on a health questionnaire "preexisting conditions" Marrari said she did not know she had.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/07/AR2009090702455.html?nav=hcmodule

Best advice my doctor gave me was to never let my insurance coverage lapse. For if it did I wouldn't be eligble for insurance coverage again because now I have pre-existing condition. But there are no guarentees my insurance company won't drop me if and when I really do get sick. Living with that kind of uncertainty prevented me from taking risks in my career to advance or start my own business.

But there are no guarentees my insurance company won't drop me if and when I really do get sick. Living with that kind of uncertainty prevented me from taking risks in my career to advance or start my own business.

If your tolerance for risk is really that low then you should not start your own business anyway.:peace

"They said I never mentioned I had a back problem," said Marrari, 52, whose coverage with Blue Cross was abruptly canceled in 2006 after a thyroid disorder, fluid in the heart and lupus were diagnosed. That left the Los Angeles woman with $25,000 in medical bills and the stigma of the company's claim that she had committed fraud by not listing on a health questionnaire "preexisting conditions" Marrari said she did not know she had.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/07/AR2009090702455.html?nav=hcmodule

Best advice my doctor gave me was to never let my insurance coverage lapse. For if it did I wouldn't be eligble for insurance coverage again because now I have pre-existing condition. But there are no guarentees my insurance company won't drop me if and when I really do get sick. Living with that kind of uncertainty prevented me from taking risks in my career to advance or start my own business.
Yeah you don't let coverage laps. Thats basic responsability that comes with being an adult. Most policies assume most conditions a previous policy covered.

It's over kill, is what it is. You don't need a big program to solve the problem of uninsured people. All you have to do is write one tiny little law requiring every citizen and resident to buy a policy with certain minimum requirements. It's that easy.

If paying for a private policy is a real concern, which I seriously doubt, then offer a tax credit to income-qualified people to cover the typical average low end price.

That's all there is to it.

I think we do. Since every state's health insurance policies are different, it prevents people from relocating to better job markets because they can't take the same health insurance policy with them.

Health insurance is offered as a benefit to work at many companies. By making insurance only affordable through private businesses it excludes people who want to start their own business or relocate or to work for a business that can't afford to pay for employee insurance. Imo, it hinders economic growth.

I think we do. Since every state's health insurance policies are different, it prevents people from relocating to better job markets because they can't take the same health insurance policy with them.

Health insurance is offered as a benefit to work at many companies. By making insurance only affordable through private businesses it excludes people who want to start their own business or relocate or to work for a business that can't afford to pay for employee insurance. Imo, it hinders economic growth.

1. [h=3]Virginia Small Business Health Insurance - VA Group Medical ...[/h]www.ehealthinsurance.com › ... › VA Health Plans
    Virginia Group Health Insurance. Virginia small business owners can learn about group medical plans and offer health care coverage to employees and their ...

2. [h=3]Small Business and Group Health Insurance from Anthem Blue ...[/h]www.anthem.com/home-employers.html‎
    Anthem has health insurance solutions for family, small & medium sized businesses or large groups, so obtain a group health insurance quote to learn more.

3. [h=3]Virginia Small Business Health Insurance | Group ... - Optima Health[/h]www.optimahealth.com/business/Pages/default.aspx‎
    Optima Health offers affordable, comprehensive small business health insurance in Virginia. Award-winning wellness programs, on-site preventative health ...

4. [h=3]Small Business | Virginia Organizing[/h]www.virginia-organizing.org/category/issues/small-business
    May 31, 2013 - We are now focused on educating small Virginia's businesses about the plan, including the tax credits for small businesses that provide health ...

5. [h=3]Small Business Health Insurance in Virginia - Yahoo! Voices ...[/h]voices.yahoo.com/small-business-health-insurance-virginia-7021682.html‎
    Oct 22, 2010 - In Virginia, like in any other state, health insurance is offered to small businesses having 2-50 employees on regular basis. A small businesses ...

6. [h=3]A Guide to Health Insurance Options[/h]gunston.gmu.edu/chpre/smallbusinessguide/part1_regulations.html‎
    Companies licensed in Virginia to sell health insurance to small businesses are subject to various state laws and regulations with which they must comply.

7. [h=3]Virginia Healthy Small Business Initiative[/h]www.vdh.virginia.gov › ... › Division of Primary Care and Rural Health
    Apr 18, 2013 - The Virginia Healthy Small Business Initiative builds upon nearly two decades of incremental but forward-moving health care reform in Virginia ...

Yeah you don't let coverage laps. Thats basic responsability that comes with being an adult. Most policies assume most conditions a previous policy covered.
If you lose your job, Cobra is $400 per person a month. If you have a family tack on another $400 per person. How do you afford that when you don't have a job?

1. [h=3]Virginia Small Business Health Insurance - VA Group Medical ...[/h]www.ehealthinsurance.com › ... › VA Health Plans
    Virginia Group Health Insurance. Virginia small business owners can learn about group medical plans and offer health care coverage to employees and their ...

2. [h=3]Small Business and Group Health Insurance from Anthem Blue ...[/h]www.anthem.com/home-employers.html‎
    Anthem has health insurance solutions for family, small & medium sized businesses or large groups, so obtain a group health insurance quote to learn more.

3. [h=3]Virginia Small Business Health Insurance | Group ... - Optima Health[/h]www.optimahealth.com/business/Pages/default.aspx‎
    Optima Health offers affordable, comprehensive small business health insurance in Virginia. Award-winning wellness programs, on-site preventative health ...

4. [h=3]Small Business | Virginia Organizing[/h]www.virginia-organizing.org/category/issues/small-business
    May 31, 2013 - We are now focused on educating small Virginia's businesses about the plan, including the tax credits for small businesses that provide health ...

5. [h=3]Small Business Health Insurance in Virginia - Yahoo! Voices ...[/h]voices.yahoo.com/small-business-health-insurance-virginia-7021682.html‎
    Oct 22, 2010 - In Virginia, like in any other state, health insurance is offered to small businesses having 2-50 employees on regular basis. A small businesses ...
  6. [h=3]A Guide to Health Insurance Options[/h]gunston.gmu.edu/chpre/smallbusinessguide/part1_regulations.html‎
    Companies licensed in Virginia to sell health insurance to small businesses are subject to various state laws and regulations with which they must comply.
  7. [h=3]Virginia Healthy Small Business Initiative[/h]www.vdh.virginia.gov › ... › Division of Primary Care and Rural Health
    Apr 18, 2013 - The Virginia Healthy Small Business Initiative builds upon nearly two decades of incremental but forward-moving health care reform in Virginia ...

Fine, now what about the other 49 states?

If you lose your job, Cobra is $400 per person a month. If you have a family tack on another $400 per person. How do you afford that when you don't have a job?
How do you afford anything if you don't have a job?

You get another job.

If your tolerance for risk is really that low then you should not start your own business anyway.:peace
It's not your place or your business to tell me what my risk tolerance is.

It's not your place or your business to tell me what my risk tolerance is.
When you want us to pay your bills, yes it is.

Be an adult and pay your own bills.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT="]
[SIZE=3] This is Canada's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.

10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the
rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when they have a black
President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the
federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is
black.

8) Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible
for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury
Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means
Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of
higher taxes.

7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people
in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by
fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens
wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars
for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks
into the country illegally just 'magically' become American
citizens.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="][/FONT]

[FONT="] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3][COLOR=black][FONT="]5) Only in America ... could the people who
believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the
country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license
to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether
oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil
company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making
tennis shoes (Nike).

2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax
dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history,
still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for
total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it
doesn't have nearly enough money.

1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of
all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair
share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.[/FONT]
[/SIZE]:peace

[/FONT]

Typical right wing crapola, if they don't like it they can do what's appropriate... either stay in Canada or go there.

Back
Top Bottom