• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanently?

Would it make you happy if Fox News was off the air?

• Yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This poll is only for those who considered themselves on the left-side of the spectrum. Please be honest.

Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

You should have made it a public poll so we can see who answered how. ;)

Re: ONLY FOR LIBERALS: Would it make you happy to see Fox News off the air permanent

I don't think it would matter much. People are going to believe what they want to and if they don't have Fox, they will seek to confirm their beliefs somewhere else.

So, I voted no.

I know. I kicked myself for not doing that.

I know. I kicked myself for not doing that.

You can probably PM a mod to change it for you.

YES!! 'cause then people would stop bitching about it

YES!! 'cause then people would stop bitching about it

Do you guys have an equivelent media outlet in Kangaland?

I voted No.
Even if there is no equivalent of FOX in UK.

Off the air as in noone watches it and they go out of business or as the government shutting them down?

I know this, the only thing I would miss is watching Megyn Kelly go all crazy bitch on liberals.

I really wouldn't care one way or the other. If the poll asked "Do you wish Fox News would start being honest"? Then yes, I would be happy...however, would I be happy if they were off the air? Eh....I really don't care one way or the other.

As in shut down by the government? Talk about a strawman. Sheeze.

Now, if you were to say held accountable and financially liable for the crap lies they spread, and bankrupted by civil judgments against them. Yep.

Things must be done for a good reason....so if Fox goes, then MSNBC should also go.
And we may as well return to the "good ole days" of burning books.

I voted yes, because I don't like seeing distortions and lies presented as the news. In the same way that I would like it if there were no crazy web pages claiming that there are conspiracies everywhere and promoting hate.

Do I expect that to ever happen? No. But hey, you asked. In a perfect world, we could have reasonable discussions based on fact and logic and not hysterical rantings without basis.

I would rather have them become responsible. Note: I did not say "become liberal". There is nothing wrong with responsible conservativism.

Off the air as in noone watches it and they go out of business or as the government shutting them down?

I know this, the only thing I would miss is watching Megyn Kelly go all crazy bitch on liberals.

As in shut down by the government? Talk about a strawman. Sheeze.

Now, if you were to say held accountable and financially liable for the crap lies they spread, and bankrupted by civil judgments against them. Yep.

I think the poll was unrelated to how it would be shut down, and more about whether or not you'd prefer that it just stopped existing.

All around hilarious... should probably let the thread go longer though to let more material pile up from the tolerant leftists.

no, our media outlets are relatively unbiased.
Tip of the hat to our Aussie mate with the following about the Aussie media from someone who's been on their receiving end.

[video]http://fora.tv/2009/08/04/Former_PM_John_Howard_Politics_and_the_Media[/video]

Yes, but I would happy if other partisan shows went off air too such as shows on MSNBC. So yes, but not just because it's conservative.

Apparently four liberals don't agree with that "Bill of Rights" thing all the cool kids are talking about.

Apparently four liberals don't agree with that "Bill of Rights" thing all the cool kids are talking about.

I think the poll was unrelated to how it would be shut down, and more about whether or not you'd prefer that it just stopped existing.

10charizards

The question wasn't about whether they should be able to stay broadcasting.

If the question was "do you think the government should shut down fox news" you might have a point.

Well, the question implicitly refers to the government shutting it down. Fox News represents the mainstream America, so it wouldn't be shut down because nobody listens to it.

The poll has a measure of force built into the response. How else would the most watched news outlet suddenly disappear from the air?

Well, the question implicitly refers to the government shutting it down. Fox News represents the mainstream America, so it wouldn't be shut down because nobody listens to it.

The poll has a measure of force built into the response. How else would the most watched news outlet suddenly disappear from the air?

There could be an ecological disaster that takes out much of their infrastructure. There could be an accounting scandal that dries up the money. They could be purchased and receive a directive to go a different route in their reporting. Lots of things could happen.

Ok, one of three scenarios. Either you're trying to be a humorous devil's advocate, you're tinfoil-hat crazy, or a large meteor is coming to destroy the planet as we know it.

The government taking over is actually the best shot of these four. Hell, Chavez did it in Venezuela, as did Ahmadinejad in Iran.

This is not a neutral question. This is just a question to see which liberals want to suppress an opposing voice so much that they would welcome a bloated bureaucracy to do it. The rest is just spinning bullcrap.

Ok, one of three scenarios. Either you're trying to be a humorous devil's advocate, you're tinfoil-hat crazy, or a large meteor is coming to destroy the planet as we know it.

The government taking over is actually the best shot of these four. Hell, Chavez did it in Venezuela, as did Ahmadinejad in Iran.

This is not a neutral question. This is just a question to see which liberals want to suppress an opposing voice so much that they would welcome a bloated bureaucracy to do it. The rest is just spinning bullcrap.

You are ignoring the fact that the question has nothing to do with the means that it happens. For all the question cares, there are no means, and it just stops existing. It's called a hypothetical.

You are ignoring the fact that the question has nothing to do with the means that it happens. For all the question cares, there are no means, and it just stops existing. It's called a hypothetical.

Dav is correct.

Back
Top Bottom