• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only a few days until I leave for boot camp

Don't put up with all that yes sir and no sir stuff.
d

Unless they changed things in the past 40 years, you won't have a lot of time to be nervous. They kept those days moving right along!

Oh manI’m so looking forwtsfsd to meeting theother recruits, I’m pumped for that

It the collective punishment thing I won’t like, I don’t lother people suffering bc I ****ed up

I just want to do my best, am worried it won’t be good enough is my real worry

Bc I don’t always pick up new things super fast, had to be taught how to eat. So worried about messing up makin the bed and stuff

First time I’m admitting that here bc it not something I’m proud of.

But I wanted t be in military since I was eight years old

I just hope I good enough

Also did u just reup? Bc my reserve contract is only six years?
Remember the military has spent a lot of money on you already. They WANT you to graduate.

Oh, and never call a Drill Sergeant "Sir." It's "Drill Sergeant." Except the one who's a Sergeant First Class. He's "Senior Drill Sergeant."

Oh manI’m so looking forwtsfsd to meeting theother recruits, I’m pumped for that

It the collective punishment thing I won’t like, I don’t lother people suffering bc I ****ed up

I just want to do my best, am worried it won’t be good enough is my real worry

Bc I don’t always pick up new things super fast, had to be taught how to eat. So worried about messing up makin the bed and stuff

First time I’m admitting that here bc it not something I’m proud of.

But I wanted t be in military since I was eight years old

I just hope I good enough

Also did u just reup? Bc my reserve contract is only six years?
Take a deep breath, Tiger....do as you are told, ask questions if you do not understand, and focus on the task at hand; don't worry about next week, or next month.
Do not take the yelling personally; Drill Sergeants and Instructors speak loudly to communicate a message to everyone.
There are many on this forum that went through what you are about to experience; you will be fine. (y)

If we go to war, my expertise - I read books, yo' - tells me that the one thing you absolutely super-duper should remember is the password.

The other thing to remember is which ways are friendly...ish....

Hope it's turning out well. I assume you're through the first bit of meat grinding. Even if not a soldier, I did (stupidly, foolishly) put myself through some real physical misery in late high school, and some mental misery several years down the road. One hour at a time. Just the next hour. Then sleep, and the brief respite.

If you well and truly feel like you're cracking up, speak up; they damn well better have someone for that these days who won't just say 20 miles or whatever.

Chin up and **** that noise.

She failed to spinelessly kowtow to your Dear Leader, yes. I know that burns in your craw.

Did you get a break, or are you not there yet?

I made a jokingly dickish response but... hey.. I meant the last bits

Did you get a break, or are you not there yet?

I made a jokingly dickish response but... hey.. I meant the last bits

Oh, I don’t leave until tomorrow. I will have my phone in the evening for the first week or so, so I’ll be able to briefly check in here or there, but after that it’ll basically be radio silence until I hit AIT in all honesty

Thank you!

Last edited:
Remember the military has spent a lot of money on you already. They WANT you to graduate.

Oh, and never call a Drill Sergeant "Sir." It's "Drill Sergeant." Except the one who's a Sergeant First Class. He's "Senior Drill Sergeant."

Wife said the same thing to me, "The Navy doesn't want to let you fail, and they'll do everything they can to see to it that you don't, and sometimes you may hate them for it at first."
(That last part was followed by giggles and a couple of great stories about her first days in Basic)

Dear @Tigerace117 God Bless You and godspeed, you're going to be an excellent soldier.
A grateful nation thanks you already for having the guts to take this step into a new life serving our wonderful country.

How the hell is that possible

Ahhhhhhh

I hope my ****ing stomach doesn’t **** things up for me

I’m so nervous

But so excited

I’m going to miss beer and tv and bars but I’m still excited

Ahhhh
Ah...for some reason I thought you were older, unless you'd old manning it going in. Here are some basic tips:

1. Volunteer for shit. Yes, it sucks. Everyone knows it sucks, but one of the most annoying things as military leaders is needing something done and having no one step forward on their own to do it.
2. It's game. Watch the Drills Sergeants and grade their behavior in an abstract way. They are doing a job and were in your shoes before you. It's actually not actually scary if you think about it. However, do not mistake this to mean you shouldn't move your ass when they are screaming at you to jump.
3. Push yourself physically. One of the major distinguishing factors early in your career is how fit you are.
4. Look for others to help if they need it. It's a team effort and helping others will develop your leadership skills.

I'll never forget boot camp, my drill sergeants, the pain, the tears, PT.

It's the toughest thing I've ever completed. But when I came out of AIT and airborne school after 22 weeks?

I was a solid rock. One giant muscle that was ready to kill people on command.

He's going to the army, right? Boot camp. I can't wait until he calls it that in process. I wish I was there to see it.

"So we're goin' to boot camp!"
"You're in the army."

Wait for a good opportunity when you have evidence to tell one of your drill sergeants that they’re wrong about something, and proceed to prove it.

AlsI kinda want do airborne

Jump out of perfectly good airplane

Ahhhhhh

But low key worried

that my parachute wouldn’t open
They teach you how to deal with that ;) No worries.

Remember - all you gotta do is live chow to chow, and wakeup to wakeup, and it'll keep moving forward until its over.

I bet he did call it boot camp and he caught shit for that. I can't wait to hear about it.

AlsI kinda want do airborne

Jump out of perfectly good airplane

Ahhhhhh

But low key worried

that my parachute wouldn’t open

I'd be more worried about the people shooting at me as I helplessly drift in and things like sharp branches or, say, a metal signpost hit in the worst way possible, but I'd also guess that I really don't know much of anything about how airborne operates in 2022...

Back
Top Bottom