• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only a few days until I leave for boot camp

A regular diet will probably help your stomach. There should be no-lactose or low-gluten options if you need them.

AlsI kinda want do airborne

Jump out of perfectly good airplane

Ahhhhhh

But low key worried

that my parachute wouldn’t open

It’ll suck. There’s no beating around. People kill themselves even in Army basic. I personally know two people in my basic who injured themselves to try to leave early (they didnt) and someone who killed themselves on graduation day because they decided the Army wasn’t for them.

But I once heard basic described as the most fun thing you’d never want to do twice. I completely agree. Remember you’ll be doing things most people NEVER get to do. It’s a unique experience. A lot of people have some nostalgia for it after they graduate.

Bring a good razor. Bring nice toiletries. Bring cough drops (seriously bring them). Bring baby wipes. Bring a positive attitude Eat a good meal before you leave. MAKE FRIENDS.

And also, remember the quickest way out is to graduate.

Also, my offer still stands to write to you in Basic.

I wish you the best of luck. Army is small and I still have 8 years, maybe we will meet someday.

It’ll suck. There’s no beating around. People kill themselves even in Army basic. I personally know two people in my basic who injured themselves to try to leave early (they didnt) and someone who killed themselves on graduation day because they decided the Army wasn’t for them.

But I once heard basic described as the most fun thing you’d never want to do twice. I completely agree. Remember you’ll be doing things most people NEVER get to do. It’s a unique experience. A lot of people have some nostalgia for it after they graduate.

Bring a good razor. Bring nice toiletries. Bring cough drops (seriously bring them). Bring baby wipes. Bring a positive attitude Eat a good meal before you leave. MAKE FRIENDS.

And also, remember the quickest way out is to graduate.

Also, my offer still stands to write to you in Basic.

I wish you the best of luck. Army is small and I still have 8 years, maybe we will meet someday.

Oh manI’m so looking forwtsfsd to meeting theother recruits, I’m pumped for that

It the collective punishment thing I won’t like, I don’t lother people suffering bc I ****ed up

I just want to do my best, am worried it won’t be good enough is my real worry

Bc I don’t always pick up new things super fast, had to be taught how to eat. So worried about messing up makin the bed and stuff

First time I’m admitting that here bc it not something I’m proud of.

But I wanted t be in military since I was eight years old

I just hope I good enough

Also did u just reup? Bc my reserve contract is only six years?

Last edited:
It the collective punishment thing I won’t like, I don’t lother people suffering bc I ****ed up
That was the worst part for me. Hated that shit.
I just want to do my best, am worried it won’t be good enough is my real worry
Don’t worry. I promise based on your level of intellectual comprehension on this forum alone that you are in fact good enough.
Bc I don’t always pick up new things super fast, had to be taught how to eat. So worried about messing up makin the bed and stuff
What I did is remembered that it’s all just bullshit. All that extra stuff, it doesn’t matter. Nobody every didn’t graduate because they couldn’t make their bed. PT is the number one reason people fail BCT. If you suck at little things BCT might suck for you, but you’ll graduate and at the end of the day it doesn’t matter.
I just hope I good enough
You are. This isn’t to make you feel worse or better but literally BCT is really easy. It sucks a LOT. But the bare minimum to just graduate and get the hell out of there is so low. Half the accomplishment is having the mindset to even enlist in the first place. You literally only need 3 things to graduate:

1) a basic social ability to work with others
2) the mental strength to not quit
3) pass the ACFT (very easy)

Also did u just reup? Bc my reserve contract is only six years?
I enlisted to help pay for college as logistics (92Y). Two years into college I started ROTC. Graduated this year as a 2LT. Got my college 100% covered but now I need to put in 8 more years (in the Guard).

Tiger, pay attention and remember this.

1641010385977.png

The strength you need isn't going to come from the Army, you already have it inside yourself. Find that quiet place, it is where your strength lies, where certainty lies. It's like a tree, standing firm in all weathers, anchored by deep roots. It may bend but it won't break. It is strong; it is you and you are strong. All you need to do is be still and find it.

View attachment 67366729

The strength you need isn't going to come from the Army, you already have it inside yourself. Find that quiet place, it is where your strength lies, where certainty lies. It's like a tree, standing firm in all weathers, anchored by deep roots. It may bend but it won't break. It is strong; it is you and you are strong. All you need to do is be still and find it.

Thank you!

View attachment 67366729

Thank you!

Rule #1: never volunteer for anything

When I was at officer training school we went over to the basic training side to have lunch with some of the trainees. I asked one of them what they had on their schedule the rest of the day.

“I don’t know”

“How do you know when you need to be somewhere?”, I asked.

“Someone comes by and yells at us”

Learn all you can and have any fun possible!

Well at least for now we don't have one of those stupid political wars going. You have a chance of serving your time and getting out with a whole body intact.

Good Luck

How come some army dress uniforms are navy blue and some are greenish brown?

I know I gave you some shit in some other threads, but good luck to you anyway. 😀
I remember when I dropped my daughter off at the hotel, the evening before she was leaving for Basic.
She called me that night and said, "Dad, I feel all funny, like sick to my stomach. "

"Yeah", I said. "I did too."

You'll be fine.

How come some army dress uniforms are navy blue and some are greenish brown?

When I was in, the "Blues" were the more formal, optional dress uniform. I'm not sure what the uniforms are at the moment. The Army seems to always want to make sure that everyone always overspend their clothing allowance.

Reality is waiting to slap you on side the head about 5 minutes after you pass through the gates. You're going to be bunking, eating, and drilling inches away from people who you wouldn't have given two shits about sitting in some bar in Chicago or on some internet forum.

The pretentious tough guy from the Bronx? That seemingly dumb & slow speaking kid from Alabama? They just might end up being your best friends in basic, and possibly lifelong friends. (y)

Just do what they tell you and take nothing personal...................and you're golden!

Best of luck!

How the hell is that possible

Ahhhhhhh

I hope my ****ing stomach doesn’t **** things up for me

I’m so nervous

But so excited

I’m going to miss beer and tv and bars but I’m still excited

Ahhhh

Just remember the 4 D's

Do as you're told.
Do as you're told]
and dammit do as you're told.

and you will do fine.

You'll be fine.

Just remember. For the first few days you will do NOTHING right. Zippo. And you will be reminded Mommy is not around to help you (they say that to everyone) as the DI is one inch from your face hollering and spraying with 2 day old crotch breath mixed with a tinge of gin. Other than that, its a breeze

Good times

AlsI kinda want do airborne

Jump out of perfectly good airplane

Ahhhhhh

But low key worried

that my parachute wouldn’t open

The first time we preped to jump in jump school, they pass out parachutes onto tables in front of us so that we can learn how to make adjustments to the fit. It's the chute we're gonna use for our first jump. Sitting in front of us.

So the drills say, "after you've practiced adjusting the fit, if you guessed wrong on size, you can just trade with someone else who has the right size adjustments for you."

I think they did this as an inside joke. You see, no one switched chutes. Not a single person wanted to "trade". Everyone wanted to stick with the one they got. There's no rhyme or reason behind that. It's just something that happens. A person will adjust their chute four times, any number of times, before they trade with someone who has the right fit. No one trades.

Really, nobody needed to adjust the size of their chute fit more than once to learn how to do it. After that, everyone could have traded any number of times instead of adjusting the size of their chute. There was the size a person was looking for, with someone only feet away, but everyone adjusted (any number of times, even back and forth) instead of trading.

It was a "this one is mine and I don't want yours" thing even though they were identical items handed to us randomly. As if, if one made a trade and something went wrong it was then kind of on one. Like ya shoulda stuck with the one you got but you didn't and look what happened. So no one traded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom