• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only 75,000 U.S. troops needed in Syria

I guess no one has paid much attention to past Generals and their careers. It is the job of the military to plan for whatever contingency- how ever remote- someone can conjure up. There are reams of paper devoted to plans around the world. I'd bet a shiny nickle there is a plan for the invasion of England or the blockade of Australia.

Running around with your hair on fire or puffing up over what the DoD routinely does- plan for every damn thing they can think of- is a bit much.

I guess no one has paid much attention to past Generals and their careers. It is the job of the military to plan for whatever contingency- how ever remote- someone can conjure up. There are reams of paper devoted to plans around the world. I'd bet a shiny nickle there is a plan for the invasion of England or the blockade of Australia.

Running around with your hair on fire or puffing up over what the DoD routinely does- plan for every damn thing they can think of- is a bit much.

That is correct. There is a contingency for almost every possible scenario; including war with Canada, Mexico, England and Australia.

I sat in on an admin war game, with a scenario that began with an Arab invasion of Israel identical to the 6 Day War. Part of the suppiort strategy was an amphibious/airborne invasion of Syria and Lebenon.

The military has drawn up plans to end the Mexican occupation of Los Angeles.

Have you ever lived in an occupied city ? Move to L.A. and your in for an experiance of what's it's like.

The military has drawn up plans to end the Mexican occupation of Los Angeles. Have you ever lived in an occupied city ? Move to L.A. and your in for an experiance of what's it's like.

Laffin- can always count on the angry old man off topic BS. You may only have one drum but ya beat the hell out of it!

The military LOVES Hispanic immigrants, more troops for the Imperial Legions!

Got a news flash for you... you don't live in one either... :roll:

Laffin- can always count on the angry old man off topic BS. You may only have one drum but ya beat the hell out of it!

The military LOVES Hispanic immigrants, more troops for the Imperial Legions!

:

I remember when the Secretary of the Army under the Clinton administration ordered the Army to lower their standards for Hispanics (only for Hispanics) so they would have a greater representation in the Army.

I would say that meets the definition of social engineering.

Liberal Democrats have no problem who the Army uses for cannon fodder as long as they aren't liberal white males.

That is not that many troops... :(

The Pentagon has estimated it would take “over 75,000 troops” to secure Syria’s chemical weapons.

Even just 1 U.S. service member in Syria is too many. We need to learn to leave global actions to the UN. We should put more of our time and energy into working to help others that would not put our service members in harms way.

This is crossing the "Red Line"

Source: Rare.us | Why 75,000 U.S. troops could be needed in Syria
What happened to no boots on the ground?

I remember when the Secretary of the Army under the Clinton administration ordered the Army to lower their standards for Hispanics (only for Hispanics) so they would have a greater representation in the Army. I would say that meets the definition of social engineering. Liberal Democrats have no problem who the Army uses for cannon fodder as long as they aren't liberal white males.

Laffin... so you have a link for the claim of lower standards? You claim a lot. :roll:

And Cons have no problem using poor kids, no matter the political lean, as cannon fodder.

See how we play this game????

Anyway a link to where the Sec of the Army lowered the standards for just Hispanics....

Laffin... so you have a link for the claim of lower standards? You claim a lot. :roll:

And Cons have no problem using poor kids, no matter the political lean, as cannon fodder.

See how we play this game????

Anyway a link to where the Sec of the Army lowered the standards for just Hispanics....

https://ddw09.wikispaces.com/.../Military+Recruitment+Disad+-+Final(2)...

gradworks.umi.com/3539938.pdf

>" I am especially fearful of the trend to "change" the standards to let in more Hispanics as advocated by Secretary of the Army Luis Caldera. My fears are not motivated racism, as some might wish to claim. It is based on the growing technological requirements of being a basic soldier...."< What Makes a Good Soldier Want to Join and Stay In the Military? Cosmetics & Self Interest ... or ... Leadership & Idealism, February 20, 1999

DUMBING DOWN THE ARMY : David H. Hackworth

www.cna.org/sites/default/files/research/d0009071.a2.pdf

www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa351.pdf

Defense.gov News Transcript: ARMY EDUCATIONAL AND RECRUITING INITIATIVE BRIEFING

Articles about Military Recruiting - Page 5 - Los Angeles Times

Reasons Why Hispanics Remain Underrepresented in Military, Despite Interest | RAND

Dem’s Military Diversity Commission Wants Congress to Lower Standards to Allow More Minorities In Armed Forces & Allow Women in Combat:
“Racial/ethnic minorities are less likely to meet eligibility requirements than are non-Hispanic whites, and that gap is widening,” the report says. Dem’s Military Diversity Commission Wants Congress to Lower Standards to Allow More Minorities In Armed Forces & Allow Women in Combat | The Gateway Pundit

The U.S. Army lowers recruitment standards … again. - Slate Magazine

More rat droppings!

You said during the Clinton years but most of the OPINION pieces you list are from 2005 on... the BUSHII years and while the Army was being stretched to the breaking point in IRAQ!

You NEVER cited the Sec of the Army saying a damn thing the Clinton years!

The RAND corporation study of 2005 is cited but they don't work for the liberals! :roll:

And the study recommended special programs for overweight enlistees and study programs.

But your false charge of clinton is by your own piled higher and deeper crap fest reports on the trouble the Army was having recruiting soldiers for the IRAQ war during the BUSHII years... :roll:

Now again, leave the piles of rat droppings at home and post where the Sec of the Army DURING the Clinton years lowered the standards for Hispanic and ONLY Hispanic enlistees....

Back
Top Bottom