• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Only 1 Percent Of Black Voters Support Donald Trump

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

WASHINGTON ― Rounding out one of the worst weeks in his presidential campaign, Donald Trump faces yet another sad reality. According to new NBC/Wall Street Journal polling released Thursday, only 1 percent of black voters nationally support the Republican nominee.

This is the lowest level of support ever recorded among the demographic, indicating that a sentiment already present among black voters in swing states is widespread. Trump also suffers among Hispanic voters, garnering just 26 percent of their vote, according to an Economist/YouGov poll released earlier this week.

Keep in mind I'm not a very big fan of the WSJ, I think their political commentary is just above kitty litter, but it's a post convention poll so let's talk about it.

A couple of things I find interesting. David Duke is getting more support from blacks in his race that Trump is in his. Also, if you take a ±3% margin of error Trump might be actually polling at -2%. :mrgreen:

I'm a pink guy of Irish heritage on both sides of me family. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I will say I don't understand how black people can support either candidate.

I'm a pink guy of Irish heritage on both sides of me family. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I will say I don't understand how black people can support either candidate.

My guess is not everyone is a single issue voter.

Keep in mind I'm not a very big fan of the WSJ, I think their political commentary is just above kitty litter, but it's a post convention poll so let's talk about it.

A couple of things I find interesting. David Duke is getting more support from blacks in his race that Trump is in his. Also, if you take a ±3% margin of error Trump might be actually polling at -2%. :mrgreen:

I simply do not understand how blacks can support Hillary Clinton or any other Democrat.

I simply do not understand how blacks can support Hillary Clinton or any other Democrat.

Seriously, honestly, neither do my black friends.

I'm not talking about black people I know. I'm talking about real friends, close friends, long time friends.

lowest level of support ever recorded....

Wow! It's a record setting campaign!

The Black Voters are likely to go all out and give 110% of their vote for Hillary if her Southern Primary results are anything to go by...

I remember after 2012 the republicans said they were going to begin a grassroots door to door effort to win over black and hispanic communities. That has really gone well for them. I guess it takes more than a single election cycle of mostly bitching about the black kenyan in office and the need for a wall around mexico to reverse 50 years of oppression, who knew

What are you talking about? Trump's definitely got the black vote.

Seriously, honestly, neither do my black friends.

I'm not talking about black people I know. I'm talking about real friends, close friends, long time friends.

Well her husband was referred to as the "first black president," which baffles me but...

She has proposed free college, which is an opportunity, however unlikely to succeed, out of the inner city for many. I would imagine parents in south chicago would be thrilled with this

Then there's the fact republicans are continuously whining about and obstructing the actual first black president, their overlord having gone so far as to demand his birth certificate, because black = suspicious

Republicans have done a horrible job of outreach to the black community. They assume they won't get the black vote so they don't even try.

Well her husband was referred to as the "first black president," which baffles me but...

She has proposed free college, which is an opportunity, however unlikely to succeed, out of the inner city for many. I would imagine parents in south chicago would be thrilled with this

Then there's the fact republicans are continuously whining about and obstructing the actual first black president, their overlord having gone so far as to demand his birth certificate, because black = suspicious

Hillary's proposed initiatives were thieved from Bernie. That is OK with me as long as she implements them. I doubt that she will. If it doesn't support Big Money I doubt it will ever happen.

The "First Black President" as far as we know never shagged any black women. Go figure.

Unless he changes his tune, I don't even want to hear Trump speaking on this topic. I live in fear that I'll hear, "But, look... I have my man Friday. Don't know what I'd do without him. He's great. The best ever."

Republicans have done a horrible job of outreach to the black community. They assume they won't get the black vote so they don't even try.

they could probably score more votes from the rednecks, than lose from black voters, in ohio by kissing david duke's ass at this point

I guess they should stop bitching about where they live because nothing will change with Hillary. They must be happier than the BLM lets on.

don't understand the surprise

tRump has the KKK vote

just look at the debate politics forum posts to see for yourself

Who is the electable alternative?

Vote independent. Send a powerful message. "We're sick and tired of this crap, and we aren't going to take it any more."

They won't and don't deserve it.

Now if they drop their racism, small government "conservatism" bull****, and hate of the welfare state, they may have a chance.

On the other hand, Democrats seem to take that support for granted. But yea, when the KKK and Neo-Nazis are enthusiastically supporting your party and your message, then the reason blacks won't vote for you is pretty obvious. I have noticed that a lot of Trump supporters use dog whistles to show their hatred of blacks. If they were honest, they would just come right on out with how they feel, and start using the N word again.

Last edited:

A wee bit of honest reporting would change this greatly, but the problem is, there is virtually none on this issue.

Demokrats got 'em on the government plantation, right where they want 'em.

They went nuts for an inexperienced Black candidate in 08... Who read a mean Telepromteur... Was far Left, mentored by a racist, hung with a domestic terrorist, and other shady characters.

What about a guy who didn't need a Telepromteur, is brighter, far more eloquent... Problem is, he was a Conservative... Alan Keyes in 2000.

You rarely see the likes of folks like Sowell & Williams... Why?

It's always the same poison... Sharpton, Jackson... And perpetuating destructive lies like Black Lives Matter/Ferguson.

They've gone full-out Du Bois, when the should be going and have gone Booker T. Washington.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom