• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Online sales over holidays on track to top $200 billion (for first time) after Thanksgiving Day kickoff

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"However, the level of e-commerce spending was at the bottom of Adobe’s predicted range, which was between $5.1 billion and $5.4 billion. The company expects total online sales this season to hit $207 billion — a 10% year over year increase and all-time high."

Online is the only way to shop.

I went to 2 brick and mortar stores today and had them delivered to my car. I just "finished" my shopping 30 minutes ago,
although I'm sure I'll pick up a few things between now and the holidays I'll still shop on line and do curbside pickup. The rest were all free shipping expected by mid-week, hopefully.

I went to 2 brick and mortar stores today and had them delivered to my car. I just "finished" my shopping 30 minutes ago,
although I'm sure I'll pick up a few things between now and the holidays I'll still shop on line and do curbside pickup. The rest were all free shipping expected by mid-week, hopefully.

I understand there are folks that have been shopping in groups at California luxury stores. Getting great deals!

I understand there are folks that have been shopping in groups at California luxury stores. Getting great deals!
And what does that mean in regards to my post @washunut? That I broke into a store and pilfered my gifts?

I never cease to be amazed at how much money people waste shopping for useless crap on in the name of "holidays". Nothing says "love" like some random things bought online from an a webpage and wrapped with a bow.

I never cease to be amazed at how much money people waste shopping for useless crap on in the name of "holidays". Nothing says "love" like some random things bought online from an a webpage and wrapped with a bow.
Nothing says love or friendship or appreciation more than a carefully chosen gift wrapped with a bow. Hope your holidays are filled with love and friendship, @BirdinHand.

Nothing says love or friendship or appreciation more than a carefully chosen gift wrapped with a bow. Hope your holidays are filled with love and friendship, @BirdinHand.
Hope you have very happy holidays also.

But I don't buy into all the materialism of Christmas. Some of our favorite traditions are cooking baking (and exchange) and having all of our children build gingerbread houses together. No gifts involved in either.

Hope you have very happy holidays also.

But I don't buy into all the materialism of Christmas. Some of our favorite traditions are cooking baking (and exchange) and having all of our children build gingerbread houses together. No gifts involved in either.
We've always done that as well. Many great memories. A gift from the kitchen comes from the heart and nurtures the soul.
We may celebrate differently but there is still love involved in the ways that we do.(y)

We've always done that as well. Many great memories. A gift from the kitchen comes from the heart and nurtures the soul.
We may celebrate differently but there is still love involved in the ways that we do.(y)
Oh, I’m not opposed to gift giving. I just find that way too many people spend way too much money that they can’t necessarily AFFORD to spend in the name of “holidays”.

I see it every.single.year in January and February on social media. People not having money for necessities…but that posted photos of extravagant holiday gift piles.

I simply do not understand it.

i'm about half finished with Christmas shopping.

Back
Top Bottom