• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One word: Why?

Seems to have come to the fore only in the recent weeks. So in response to the primary election perhaps.

Regardless it's stupid needlessly decisive and invented wedge issue. It's not as if public bathrooms and locker rooms were invented yesterday and are a new thing.

Not really. Before SSM was ruled by the court the issue was going on and states were passing laws on it. It was only after SSM was ruled on that people started to focus on it more and more until NC issue lit the whole thing on fire.

Seems to have come to the fore only in the recent weeks. So in response to the primary election perhaps.

You're probably right about the time frame, all of this just seems to run together into an endless deluge of pointless arguments, at least to me.

Regardless it's stupid needlessly decisive and invented wedge issue. It's not as if public bathrooms and locker rooms were invented yesterday and are a new thing.

On this, we can certainly agree.

You're probably right about the time frame, all of this just seems to run together into an endless deluge of pointless arguments, at least to me.

Seems that we were both wrong on the time frame, as Henrin states below.

Not really. Before SSM was ruled by the court the issue was going on and states were passing laws on it. It was only after SSM was ruled on that people started to focus on it more and more until NC issue lit the whole thing on fire.

On this, we can certainly agree.

Oh come on, which would have the lowest percentage of occurrences? A predator using a transgender bathroom to spy on children or a transsexual actually needing a transgender bathroom? The occurrences of both are astronomically low. Why is the federal government wasting its time on this?

From everything we know about sexual predators, it is less likely that they would use a public restroom to spy on children than a transgender person using that restroom, especially a restroom they wouldn't legally be allowed inside without laws allowing transgenders or those who don't quite look "the right sex" in those restrooms without being harassed. Most sexual predators don't want to be caught, and there is a high chance of being caught in a public restroom, whether in one that matches your gender/sex or not.

Why are some people so adamantly opposed to letting transgender people use the opposite sex's bathroom? And more importantly, why do transgender people want to use opposite sex bathrooms so badly? It's a bathroom! You go there to take a ****! Why is it such a big deal whether or not you get to go to the bathroom somewhere, or whether or not you get to stop someone from going somewhere?

Questions for the transgender side: Why do you want to use the other restroom so badly? Is the men's room out of soap? Are you sick of the lines for the women's room? Is it some kind of freedom thing? Do freedom ****s pass easier than regular ones?

Questions for the other side: what is so bad about a few transgenders using your bathroom? Are you hoarding all the soap? Are you afraid of the men's room getting short lines as women stampede to the unoccupied stalls? Do freedom ****s smell worse than regular ones?

My complaint is not the transgender using the bathroom of his/her choice. It's the fact that people can no longer question any male who enters a woman's bathroom, locker room or shower. This to me is crazy.

My complaint is not the transgender using the bathroom of his/her choice. It's the fact that people can no longer question any male who enters a woman's bathroom, locker room or shower. This to me is crazy.

They dont want to understand it!

I have no idea what you're getting at.

That being said, after reading this post, I found a Harry Potter house quiz on buzzfeed, went through it, and apparently you were right. I am Slytherin.

So what were you getting at?

Greetings, Jesse Booth. :2wave:

I think he's acknowledging you as having the traits of a sly leader! :mrgreen:

They dont want to understand it!

I noticed that. It's a bit frustrating to see them ignore the obvious or, worse, obfuscate the issue by saying, "transwomen are not attacking women in bathrooms."

They are purposely ignoring the real issue.

I noticed that. It's a bit frustrating to see them ignore the obvious or, worse, obfuscate the issue by saying, "transwomen are not attacking women in bathrooms."

there is somethng wrong with the concept of freedom they want to represent on social issues.

I have no idea what you're getting at.

That being said, after reading this post, I found a Harry Potter house quiz on buzzfeed, went through it, and apparently you were right. I am Slytherin.

So what were you getting at?

Jesse, don't take it seriously. I'm goofing with you. ;) Safe to consider it a non-sequitur. Be well.

There is no real issue here. It is an imagined issue that is highly unlikely to happen. The claimed goal is to protect women and children, yet keeping men out of women's restrooms doesn't actually do this, not in any significant way, since so few crimes, attacks actually occur in public restrooms due mainly to their public nature. And it was never a crime in most places to use the "wrong" restroom. People assumed it was.

There is no real issue here. It is an imagined issue that is highly unlikely to happen. The claimed goal is to protect women and children, yet keeping men out of women's restrooms doesn't actually do this, not in any significant way, since so few crimes, attacks actually occur in public restrooms due mainly to their public nature. And it was never a crime in most places to use the "wrong" restroom. People assumed it was.

:roll:

Same old argument - if it doesn't happen often then we don't need laws banning it.

The only way it could possibly affect my life is when my daughter becomes a bit older possibly a teen way down the road and nude folks that still have male equipment are showering next to her at school (since she's not going to leave the house until she's 30 this doesn't matter but still (Very much jkjk)).
Yes. You can relatively cheaply install curtains, etc. But should a school have to flip that expense or should this all be put off until an adult age?
In schools, especially, does a teenage boy just "feel like a girl" one day in order to get to shower with them? I know that thought would have crossed my mind when I was a teenager if the courts made it that easy.

So. Though I really don't care who uses what bathroom (I've said before I am more worried about people who are checking out whose in the bathroom then those using it) there are ripple effects that should at least be talked about and considered before making blanket laws (and maybe they are I really don't know how the Government is approaching this).

Back
Top Bottom