• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One word: Why?

We are on the same side of this conversation more than you think.
Why is the federal government wasting its time on this? BTW, I think I know.

Why are some people so adamantly opposed to letting transgender people use the opposite sex's bathroom? And more importantly, why do transgender people want to use opposite sex bathrooms so badly? It's a bathroom! You go there to take a ****! Why is it such a big deal whether or not you get to go to the bathroom somewhere, or whether or not you get to stop someone from going somewhere?

Questions for the transgender side: Why do you want to use the other restroom so badly? Is the men's room out of soap? Are you sick of the lines for the women's room? Is it some kind of freedom thing? Do freedom ****s pass easier than regular ones?

Questions for the other side: what is so bad about a few transgenders using your bathroom? Are you hoarding all the soap? Are you afraid of the men's room getting short lines as women stampede to the unoccupied stalls? Do freedom ****s smell worse than regular ones?

From my view it's a conveniently used and raised wedge issue for the purposes of the presidential election, and to distract the focus of the electorate away from something else.

I expect a continuous stream of equally invented wedge issues as long as the present DNC establishment is in place.

Oh come on, which would have the lowest percentage of occurrences? A predator using a transgender bathroom to spy on children or a transsexual actually needing a transgender bathroom? The occurrences of both are astronomically low. Why is the federal government wasting its time on this?

Which begs the original question (one of them, at least) of this thread: why does it matter so much? If the odds of transgenders using the bathroom of their preference leading to trouble is so low, why do we need legislation to prevent that?

Why is the federal government wasting its time on this? BTW, I think I know.

Because it is a political counter to social conservatism in various states looking to demonize transgenders. It is going to get far worse before we get past this issue.

Once the otherkin start demanding litterboxes, we'll know we have a problem.

Because it is a political counter to social conservatism in various states looking to demonize transgenders. It is going to get far worse before we get past this issue.
Liberals are going to use the same playbook as with gay marriage. Issues don't end with transgenders. The same MO will be used, forever, facilitated by the dopey judiciary.

Liberals are going to use the same playbook as with gay marriage. Issues don't end here. The same MO will be used, forever, facilitated by the dopey judiciary.

They might. We cannot be for sure exactly the path transgenders will go down. There are plenty of similarities with what the gay and lesbian community went through, but there are also some issues that are unique to transgenders.

However, transgenders will need just as much of a political ally as social conservatives looking to another flavor of governance. We have no reason to look at transgenders as being less of a citizen looking for their own protections against a vindictive group looking to demonize them at every turn. If the gay and lesbian community can attest to anything, they can confirm how difficult it is dealing with social conservatism looking to any means to vilify.

WHY??? WHY???

Why would you start yet ANOTHER thread on this ?????????????

giphy.gif

Troll Troll.jpg

Why are some people so adamantly opposed to letting transgender people use the opposite sex's bathroom? And more importantly, why do transgender people want to use opposite sex bathrooms so badly? It's a bathroom! You go there to take a ****! Why is it such a big deal whether or not you get to go to the bathroom somewhere, or whether or not you get to stop someone from going somewhere?

Questions for the transgender side: Why do you want to use the other restroom so badly? Is the men's room out of soap? Are you sick of the lines for the women's room? Is it some kind of freedom thing? Do freedom ****s pass easier than regular ones?

Questions for the other side: what is so bad about a few transgenders using your bathroom? Are you hoarding all the soap? Are you afraid of the men's room getting short lines as women stampede to the unoccupied stalls? Do freedom ****s smell worse than regular ones?
trans-restroom.jpg

From my view it's a conveniently used and raised wedge issue for the purposes of the presidential election, and to distract the focus of the electorate away from something else.

I expect a continuous stream of equally invented wedge issues as long as the present DNC establishment is in place.

I thought this was an issue even before election season started?

...That's a good point, for more reasons than I think Kelly Lauren realized. A lot of men are perturbed by the advances of transgenders, so that tweet would've also made quite a few guys stop and reconsider things.
This is never freedom , right or equality but a threat to our safety.

Well, it appears to me that this is an artificial scandal. For decades, transgender men have been using the men's bathroom, and transgender women have been using the women's bathroom without any problem. However, it seems some people chose to suddenly make laws against that sort of thing when some high profile people came out as transgender, and it 'came on the radar' of the religious right. So, they made a big deal about it, passed laws against it, and used it as a distraction from economics, and their own issues with governing to energize their base. That provoked an equally big response from the opposite side of the political spectrum. It's all a distraction from keeping people from looking at the real issues, such as money, jobs, the environment, voting rights, the infrastructure, the quality of education, etc etc etc.

It's the whole catering to fear to energize the base, and distract from the fact the people promoting it are otherwise doing a very bad job of running their states.

Well, it appears to me that this is an artificial scandal. For decades, transgender men have been using the men's bathroom, and transgender women have been using the women's bathroom without any problem. However, it seems some people chose to suddenly make laws against that sort of thing when some high profile people came out as transgender, and it 'came on the radar' of the religious right. So, they made a big deal about it, passed laws against it, and used it as a distraction from economics, and their own issues with governing to energize their base. That provoked an equally big response from the opposite side of the political spectrum. It's all a distraction from keeping people from looking at the real issues, such as money, jobs, the environment, voting rights, the infrastructure, the quality of education, etc etc etc.

It's the whole catering to fear to energize the base, and distract from the fact the people promoting it are otherwise doing a very bad job of running their states.

Just to be clear, when you say transgender men and transgender women, you're referring to the sex they got through surgery, right?

Medusa, I've had threats to my safety in public restrooms before. They didn't have anything to do with transgenders.

Lets assume % 95 of those are peaceful, decent people,what about the ones that would fake it ?Many people fail to understand this point.I like LGBT people and find them so cheerful honest and friendly but the reality is not that simple.Public spaces have some rules and can not be operated by one's feelings.

Lets assume % 95 of those are peaceful, decent people,what about the ones that would fake it ?Many people fail to understand this point.I like LGBT people and find them so cheerful honest and friendly but the reality is not that simple.Public spaces have some rules and can not be operated by one's feelings.

I was originally under the impression that you were on the side of transgenders, given that the picture you posted was transgender propoganda.

Just to be clear, when you say transgender men and transgender women, you're referring to the sex they got through surgery, right?

Correct.. A transgender man is someone who went through surgery and hormone to appear male.

I was originally under the impression that you were on the side of transgenders, given that the picture you posted was transgender propoganda.

that pic tells more than that.Where did I say I was not on their side? Bathroom thing is not about trans rights ,you very liberal people should get it

that pic tells more than that.Where did I say I was not on their side? Bathroom thing is not about trans rights ,you very liberal people should get it
Then what is it about then if it's not about trans rights?

...You know, I'm not sure which surprised me more: getting called a liberal, or the fact that I've been here for close to two years and this is the first time it's happened.

I thought this was an issue even before election season started?

Seems to have come to the fore only in the recent weeks. So in response to the primary election perhaps.

Regardless it's stupid needlessly decisive and invented wedge issue. It's not as if public bathrooms and locker rooms were invented yesterday and are a new thing.

Back
Top Bottom