• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One week racial survey: CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Over a seven day time period, I sampled each news website once in the morning and counted the racial references. The news sites were chosen based on their "mainstream" appropriateness. We need to know which races to focus on. Native Americans weren't included in the study, as America considers them already worthy of segregation. Here are the totals:

black1.JPG
black.JPG

A few standouts:

1. NBC singlehandedly skews the results by having a daily section on the major races, "NBCBLK", "Asian American" and "Latino". I'll be reformulating the results without NBC.

2. Whites aren't mentioned much, but this is because whites are considered the norm. Whites are like a plain blank wall, and the other races are like the paintings that bring everything to life.

3. Not surprisingly, Blacks are the most overrepresented group, and this will only increase when NBC is taken out of the equation.

4. Without NBC, Hispanics were mentioned once in the entire week, it was by CNN.

5. NPR's only racial mentions were 100% Black.

Without NBC:

no_nbc.JPG

Hispanics are an afterthought.

I like how you, a conservative poster, intentionally left out Fox News because you know a large portion of their programming is an attempt to make old white conservatives even more afraid of minorities.

I like how you, a conservative poster, intentionally left out Fox News because you know a large portion of their programming is an attempt to make old white conservatives even more afraid of minorities.

I'll be happy to look at Fox, a spot test reveals 3 Black mentions and no other races. I left them out because they are considered an "incorrect" news outlet.

CNN, ABC and the like are considered appropriate news outlets, so what they say about race carries far more weight.

Over a seven day time period, I sampled each news website once in the morning and counted the racial references.
Why? Wouldn't a good step in addressing Americas obsession with racial division would be to stop being obsessed with racial division? The media publish whatever sells.

weird to see a race thread from that guy.

I was eating alphabet soup the other day, and the letters crt appeared in sequence.

Back
Top Bottom