• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One week from today...

00timh

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There will be a Mrs. H. Its been a long time coming and its almost here. Just about everything is in place. 3 years ago, before Val and I got together, the thought of saying "I do" again was something I swore off with every fiber of my being. Today I have never felt more confident about anything I have ever done.

I wish you well. It takes great courage to say "I do" after a bad first marriage... something I haven't managed yet.

Congrats.

I wish you well. It takes great courage to say "I do" after a bad first marriage... something I haven't managed yet.

Congrats.

It's ok to trust people. I hope you get remarried someday. I have never been married, but I have dated a few major assholes. Those assholes don't prevent me from looking for better.

Wish you all the best Mr H.

i hope that you have many happy years together.

Congratulations and best wishes!

That's wonderful, Tim!! I'm so happy for you! *hugs*

There will be a Mrs. H. Its been a long time coming and its almost here. Just about everything is in place. 3 years ago, before Val and I got together, the thought of saying "I do" again was something I swore off with every fiber of my being. Today I have never felt more confident about anything I have ever done.

I'm very happy for you Tim, best of luck.

Congratulations and Best of luck Tim!!!!

Congrats, Tim. I remember when you met her, and remember how cynical you were before you met her. :lol: Glad the right girl came along for you. <hug>

Can i come to the bachelor party?

Congrats, Tim. I remember when you met her, and remember how cynical you were before you met her. :lol: Glad the right girl came along for you. <hug>
Yeah, I was. She had to break through not just a wall, but a damn fortress lol. I had known her for many years, and we were friends way back when. I would see her now and then, but our lives had gone separate paths. When that path joined us again, I found the same girl nearly 20 years later. Other than her own rough road through her 1st marriage and all of the other bumps life hands out, she hadn't changed one bit. She hasn't changed in the 3 years we have been together.

This marriage is not about building a life together, but of two people who can and have made it on their own, but are now sharing a life together, and blending families together. We have a sand ceremony in the wedding ceremony that reflects this.

Thanks to all for your replies, and well wishes. Valerie is not big into politics, and doesn't pay much attention to what I do on here (so she says lol) But I showed her this thread and she was impressed.

What do you think will change after you marry? What would change if you didn't?

They've both been married before. They both know the pitfalls to avoid, and have a much likelier chance of survival.
Yep, we have learned some things from our 1st marriage. in fact we were talking about some of our mistakes just a little while ago. While I am confident that Val and I are completely compatible, I know we have also learned when to speak up for what we want, and when to sacrifice for the other.

Well folks, Tomorrow is the day. Signing off soon and will be gone for a bit. Thanks again for the support and well wishing. :peace

Well folks, Tomorrow is the day. Signing off soon and will be gone for a bit. Thanks again for the support and well wishing. :peace

i hope that day becomes one of your happiest days in the life..

Good luck, buddy. <hug> and <hug> for the soon to be new Misses, too. Hope everything goes well!

I just saw this thread.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

........wishing you a lifetime of happiness with your wife

Doesn't really seem like the place for this.

Seems questions to consider before saying "I do." Becoming engaged and being married are not the same. Regardless, I gather they are now married.

Personally, I congratulate people on becoming married as a matter of courtesy, not on becoming engaged to be married. My responses to someone I know telling me that he/she is getting married has ranged from commenting that the person seems a good choice to "are you out of your f..king mind?!"

In my opinion, people ask too few questions before getting married and its too late afterwards.

They've both been married before. They both know the pitfalls to avoid, and have a much likelier chance of survival.

50% of first marriages fail. 67% of second marriages do. But stats don't mean much really. It depends on both of the couple.

Back
Top Bottom