• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

One undenialable fact.........

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I was just watching President Bush make a speech at North Island Naval Base on C-SPAN........One undenialable fact is the huge majority of men and women love this president.......The same could not be said about President Clinton who the vast majority of the military considered a joke as CIC........

Navy Pride said:
I was just watching President Bush make a speech at North Island Naval Base on C-SPAN........One undenialable fact is the huge majority of men and women love this president.......The same could not be said about President Clinton who the vast majority of the military considered a joke as CIC........
Facts please, provide proof that the "VAST" majority of Americans "love" Bush!

His approval ratings are right there with LBJ's at the height of the Vietnam War and lower than anyone's since Nixon's last days.

Navy Pride said:
I watched that. I don't think that info was contained in that clip.
I'm pretty sure this is an example of your conjecture and not a "fact" as the word is commonly used. Perhaps your conjecture is correct, but the evidence you've offered, the speech, does not support the assertion.

Navy Pride said:

The vast majority of the military like GWB? And your point is?

And regarding your signature, it IS perfectly possible to support the troops but not their mission.

You see the military as an organisation should have no political opinion. It should essential be there to do what the government orders, although it may give it's expert military opinion along the way.

Therefore it is perfectly possible to be a member of the military and not approve of your own mission. Therefore, members of teh public can certainly support the troops but not their mission.

Unless you're telling us that military personnel are not impartial in the way they perform their job?

Navy Pride said:
One important fact.....for ALL of Bush's speech's the audience is pre-screened and pre-selected to only be Pro-Bush supporters! Even his "town meetings" were completely populated by pro-bushies....

So big surprise that in a televised speech people were applauding him....I think this is called....let me see now....PROPAGANDA!

Navy Pride said:

Just who are these vast majority of "men and women" of the military who would spit on their Commander in Chief"? What does that say about our country?

What does that say about people such as yourself whom clearly delight yourselves in playing the "class-warfare card"?

I thought President Bush was a uniter, not a divider?

Answer's please.

26 X World Champs said:
One important fact.....for ALL of Bush's speech's the audience is pre-screened and pre-selected to only be Pro-Bush supporters! Even his "town meetings" were completely populated by pro-bushies....

So big surprise that in a televised speech people were applauding him....I think this is called....let me see now....PROPAGANDA!

exaclty.

attendants of Bush rallies receive passes in the mail, after they've been screened electronically.

the Republicans have huge databases of mailing lists with basic stats about the entrees. they use these to pack rallies with supporters.

Kerrys rallies were far more genuine, anyone could get in.

26 X World Champs said:
Facts please, provide proof that the "VAST" majority of Americans "love" Bush!

His approval ratings are right there with LBJ's at the height of the Vietnam War and lower than anyone's since Nixon's last days.

What I should have said the vast majority of men and women love this president.....

Simon W. Moon said:
I watched that. I don't think that info was contained in that clip.
I'm pretty sure this is an example of your conjecture and not a "fact" as the word is commonly used. Perhaps your conjecture is correct, but the evidence you've offered, the speech, does not support the assertion.

Hey I was in that military and deal with guys who are in it on a day to day basis....I listened to C-SPAN after the speech and even the dems who called in said that the speech he made was very powerful and had to admit that this Presdient is adored by our military.....

Naughty Nurse said:
The vast majority of the military like GWB? And your point is?

And regarding your signature, it IS perfectly possible to support the troops but not their mission.

You see the military as an organisation should have no political opinion. It should essential be there to do what the government orders, although it may give it's expert military opinion along the way.

Therefore it is perfectly possible to be a member of the military and not approve of your own mission. Therefore, members of teh public can certainly support the troops but not their mission.

Unless you're telling us that military personnel are not impartial in the way they perform their job?

You have no clue what goes on with our military.....The young men and women in our military are some of the most intelligent in the country.........They know what is going on and think they are doing and outstanding job in Iraq....To say you support them but not when they are trying to accomplish is ridiculous.........

At what point in Dubya's speech did he state the facts you assert in your post? Or were you privy to a special version of his speech? I'm sure in your mind they all hated Clinton because thats what you desperately want to believe...

26 X World Champs said:

That has to be one of the most idiotic statements ever posted in this forum......These men and women are in the Navy stationed at North Island Navy Base.........To say they are pre selected Bush supporters shows how little you know about the situation........

KidRocks said:
Just who are these vast majority of "men and women" of the military who would spit on their Commander in Chief"? What does that say about our country?

What does that say about people such as yourself whom clearly delight yourselves in playing the "class-warfare card"?

I thought President Bush was a uniter, not a divider?

Answer's please.

Who said anything about spitting on the CIC? I said that when Clinton was president the military sthought he was a joke.....Because he was a draft dodger he had contempt for the military...........He would not even allow military personnel wear their uniforms around the White House.......In addition he did not even take the time to learn how to salute when boarding a navy ship........

scottyz said:
At what point in Dubya's speech did he state the facts you assert in your post? Or were you privy to a special version of his speech? I'm sure in your mind they all hated Clinton because thats what you desperately want to believe...

I did not say they hated Clinton..........I just said they thought he was a joke......big difference.........

One undeniable fact...Anyone wanting to attend one of Bush’s campaign rallies, anywhere in the country, has to get a ticket first.And anyone who wants a ticket can improve their chances by volunteering at a Republican phone bank, canvassing Republican homes or putting up Republican lawn signs.

Asked why the president speaks only to his supporters, White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Bush's intention is to "educate" the people. He probably meant "indoctrinate."

President Bush visited Montgomery Blair High School yesterday for a town hall-style meeting to discuss his plan to partially privatize Social Security -- an appearance that drew about 400 protesters outside the Silver Spring school. Trent Duffy, a White House spokesman, said blocks of tickets were distributed to several nonprofit organizations, including Young America's Foundation, which selected the individuals who received them. The event was organized by the National Retirement Planning Coalition, a financial industry and advocacy group. Comedian and author Ben Stein, a Blair alumnus, is the group's honorary chairman. Duffy said he did not know if any of those invited were county residents. "Once we give the tickets to the organizations, the White House doesn't ask for residency information," he said.

Only "Pre-screened" Soldiers Cheer and Dine With Bush
Bush's handlers make sure to keep him isolated from real people. WaPo's Dana Milbank reveals that only specially selected and pre-screened soldiers were allowed to cheer him and dine with him on Thanksgiving.

A Baghdad Thanksgiving's Lingering Aftertaste (washingtonpost.com)
Stars and Stripes is blowing the whistle on President Bush's Thanksgiving visit to Baghdad, saying the cheering soldiers who met him were pre-screened and others showing up for a turkey dinner were turned away.

Navy Pride said:
Who said anything about spitting on the CIC? I said that when Clinton was president the military sthought he was a joke.....Because he was a draft dodger he had contempt for the military...........He would not even allow military personnel wear their uniforms around the White House.......In addition he did not even take the time to learn how to salute when boarding a navy ship........

That's correct, you did not say anything about spitting on the CIC, you also did not provide proof to back up your wild-eyed statement concerning...

"President Clinton who the vast majority of the military considered a joke as CIC".

Stop listening so much to Rush and try to form your own opinions and observations, think for yourself.

Navy Pride said:
That has to be one of the most idiotic statements ever posted in this forum......These men and women are in the Navy stationed at North Island Navy Base.........To say they are pre selected Bush supporters shows how little you know about the situation........
Tell us all, please, what it feels like to have your foot in your mouth?

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ATTENDING BUSH SPEECHES ARE PRE-SCREENED, 100%, period, always, no exceptions, even in the military. You're flat out wrong, again.

Ever stop to think why you never see even ONE Protester at any of his speeches? Wouldn't the totally biased Liberal Media love to report about the protests at Bush speeches?

Me thinks you might want to change your name to FOOLISH PRIDE?

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ATTENDING BUSH SPEECHES ARE PRE-SCREENED, 100%, period, always, no exceptions, even in the military. You're flat out wrong, again.

That maybe ture, however, I know that not all of Kerry's speeches were free from pre-screening. He came to my school for a "open to the public speech" that for some strange reason only Dems could hear.

Bustabush said:
That maybe ture, however, I know that not all of Kerry's speeches were free from pre-screening. He came to my school for a "open to the public speech" that for some strange reason only Dems could hear.
I'm sure you're correct. My point is that to claim that Bush's speech was received by screeming masses as if it was a random gathering is untrue.

My understanding is that Bush's policies regarding who gets to attend any of his speeches are the most segregated in known US history. The most egregious has to be the staged "Town Hall Meetings." The name of the gathering implies that local citizens can gather to query the President on any subject they choose. The truth is that every single attendee is Republican, and very few are actually local citizens!

Kerry also partaking in this practice is equally egregious and should be widely reported if/when it happens.

During one of Dubya's NY speeches people who were peacefully protesting were arrested and even people who were thought to be protesting(but weren't) were arrested. NY lost a lawsuit over it. :rofl People have been removed from his speeches for wearing anti-Bush/war t-shirts and doing nothing else. Remember that you're either with us or against us...

26 X World Champs said:
Tell us all, please, what it feels like to have your foot in your mouth?

Ever stop to think why you never see even ONE Protester at any of his speeches? Wouldn't the totally biased Liberal Media love to report about the protests at Bush speeches?

Me thinks you might want to change your name to FOOLISH PRIDE?

Didn't I see Michael Moore at one of Bush's speeches?

MiamiFlorida said:
Didn't I see Michael Moore at one of Bush's speeches?

He was actually at the Republican Convention.............

Navy Pride said:
Hey I was in that military and deal with guys who are in it on a day to day basis....I listened to C-SPAN after the speech and even the dems who called in said that the speech he made was very powerful and had to admit that this Presdient is adored by our military.....

Powerful? Repetitive is a better word to describe it.......
I am so sure that the soldiers who have been deployed to Iraq for the second or third time adore Bush.....:roll:

vandree said:
Powerful? Repetitive is a better word to describe it.......
I am so sure that the soldiers who have been deployed to Iraq for the second or third time adore Bush.....:roll:

I live close to Fort Lewis Army base home of the Stryker Division that has been deplyed to Iraq several times and I talk to the soldiers who have come back and your actually right........A huge majority know they are doing the right thing and their mission is just and they want to complete it for the Oraqi people despite the whinnings of Liberals like you.....

I can tell you have never served.........

Back
Top Bottom