• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One thing I learned this week

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
After taking three days off work, today being day three, I learned something about myself.

I am NOT cut out to be a stay at home housewife/mom/whatever.

After taking three days off work, today being day three, I learned something about myself.

What are you cut out for?

well, I hope you're not any of those things because someone is going to be disappointed or feel awfully rejected.

LOL!

If I'm home that long the only thing that gets done is multiple naps.

Nature versus Nurture, TGND? Is it because you aren't cut out for that life or because you aren't properly instructed in that lifestyle?

well if those are your work clothes in your avatar, I'd say you are probably right :mrgreen:

Nature versus Nurture, TGND? Is it because you aren't cut out for that life or because you aren't properly instructed in that lifestyle?

I'm the only bread winner. I can do any job extremely well. This is more a case of I work so much, I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working.

I'm the only bread winner. I can do any job extremely well. This is more a case of I work so much, I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working.

My wife used to be like you, but I showed her that letting go of the self-perceived pressures was the better way to live one's life...

Do you think the situation you find yourself in might be different if you'd been taught a different lifestyle while you were growing up?

Do you think the situation you find yourself in might be different if you'd been taught a different lifestyle while you were growing up?

What do you mean taught a different lifestyle?

Hmm. My father was in the Marine Corps, my mom was a sahm of three. They married young and are still married.

You are making assumptions I have a feeling I am not going to approve of. If it has to do with being a doormat and subservient, spare me.

If you have kids you're a horrible mother, if you don't then that is your cup of tea.

If you have kids you're a horrible mother, if you don't then that is your cup of tea.

Really?

What benefit is she providing the kids (teenagers old enough to be mostly self sufficient) by being home all day when they aren't? Could it be that being able to provide little things like a roof over their heads, a bed to sleep in, heat in the winter and cooling in the summer, a refrigerator full of food, equipment for sporting activities, access to arts and cultural events, etc. is also important? Would she be providing ANY of that if all she did was sit there on the couch and make cooing noises at them?

I can't believe the **** that comes out of some people's keyboards around here.:censored

You are making assumptions I have a feeling I am not going to approve of. If it has to do with being a doormat and subservient, spare me.

It has to do with the fact that I see a lot of younger women (>40) who have no idea how to manage or maintain a home because they were never taught how to do so by their mothers, or they ignored the teaching because they did t think they would ever need it. When they suddenly need the skills they don't have them.

It has to do with the fact that I see a lot of younger women (>40) who have no idea how to manage or maintain a home because they were never taught how to do so by their mothers, or they ignored the teaching because they did t think they would ever need it. When they suddenly need the skills they don't have them.

I'm 44 .

You're a dip****. Did you miss the part where I said I was THE ONLY BREAD WINNER?

My kids are both in high school.

Don't bother reporting me, I just reported myself. Doesn't change the fact that you can kiss my mother ****ing ass.

You're a dip****. Did you miss the part where I said I was THE ONLY BREAD WINNER?

My kids are both in high school.

Don't bother reporting me, I just reported myself. Doesn't change the fact that you can kiss my mother ****ing ass.

Sometimes it's just soooooo worth it!! :thumbs:

Sometimes it's just soooooo worth it!! :thumbs:

It was worth it. I don't need that **** when I work my ass off to provide for my kids with my own money.

How about men who don't learn household skills because they think they'll never need them. How do you view that?

How about men who don't learn household skills because they think they'll never need them. How do you view that?

I view men who don't have basic household maintenance skills the same way.

"It's not the man's responsibility to clean house."

It was worth it. I don't need that **** when I work my ass off to provide for my kids with my own money.

How are guys supposed to kiss your ass when you work it off?

You don't really need to be taught how to cook, clean, do laundry, shop for groceries, vaccuum and otherwise "manage or maintain a home".

Well, maybe if you're an idiot you do, but if you've got any kind of head on your shoulders you can figure it out for yourself with a few weeks of OJT when you get your first appartment.

I was able to, and seeing as how I'm a guy I suspect that women, who are genetically predisposed to housework (right?), would be even quicker studies.

I view men who don't have basic household maintenance skills the same way.

So, why do you specify women in your statement? Shouldn't that statement, as off-kilter as it may be, be non-gender specific?

Back
Top Bottom