• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

One thing I have never understood....

Navy Pride said:
I guess your just not going to back up your statement that President Bush lied because you can't and you know it.........
just frickin adorable, he's trying to form an argument! Oh yes you are (in a much higher tone) oh yes you are!

The fact is we all know how secretive this president is, and for some reason you guys just assume that everything he's doing is on the level. How many of these little "accidents" that just so happen to push the neo-conservative agenda is it gonna take for you guys to pull your head out of the sand and realize, "Well, considering what I've seen, I'll use a slight amount of logic and realize that I've been lied to!"

Oh yes, the little Chief wants to argue, oh yes he does!

People! We have to remember one thing about Cons! They will NEVER own up to ANY of Bushs LIES especially the LIES about NO WMD and Iraq and Saddam was an imminett threat!
There are three main reasons they will never own up to Bushs LIES!
1- They voted for Bush and don't want to feel stupid!
2- They want to protect their GOD Bush!
3- They don't want to go down in history as supporters of a President that our Troops died for because of his LIES!!!

Well guess what???
You ARE going down in history along with Bush and its NOT for doing anything good!!!

You will live with a lifetime of questions from your kids and grandkids such as:

Dad, you do know that when you voted for Bush that that might have ment that I could possible have been drafted and killed! Was MY LIFE worth Bushs vote???

Grandpa, I hate you! Why did you vote for Bush a second time especially when you knew that he LIED about WMD and that Iraq and Saddam was an imminett threat? You must have known that the Muslims would be after us for the next 100 years after Bush invaded their HOLY LAND! I read in the history book that even Bushs father knew enough NOT to continue up into their holy land.
I have just been drafted to go fight those Muslims! I don't want to die because of Bushs lies and YOUR STUPIDITY!

Last edited:
galenrox said:
yo, I know you're a smart guy, so I'm not gonna patronize. If you refuse to check his sources, unless in certain extreme situations, which chances are he will not provide, then you lose. Like, even if he said that Bush personally supervised 9/11, you should just check it out. "That's ridiculous" isn't a rebuttal. If he doesn't provide a source, ask for it, but if you don't check the source, you no longer hold the ability to justifiably disagree with whatever fact he is trying to prove to you. You can always check out the source and find something wrong with it, since a lot of sources provided here in general are from extremely biased places.

You are absolutely wrong! I know for a fact that Bush has never provided such a statement! Why should i take the time to search false accusations when it is solely his responcibilty to back up his statements! If he does not provide proper information sources, he loses becuase he fails to create a logical arguement!

taxpayer said:
People! We have to remember one thing about Cons! They will NEVER own up to ANY of Bushs LIES especially the LIES about NO WMD and Iraq and Saddam was an imminett threat!
3- They don't want to go down in history as supporters of a President that our Troops died for because of his LIES!!!

Well guess what???
You ARE going down in history along with Bush and its NOT for doing anything good!!!

You will live with a lifetime of questions from your kids and grandkids such as:

Dad, you do know that when you voted for Bush that that might have ment that I could possible have been drafted and killed! Was MY LIFE worth Bushs vote???

Grandpa, I hate you! Why did you vote for Bush a second time especially when you knew that he LIED about WMD and that Iraq and Saddam was an imminett threat? You must have known that the Muslims would be after us for the next 100 years after Bush invaded their HOLY LAND! I read in the history book that even Bushs father knew enough NOT to continue up into their holy land.
I have just been drafted to go fight those Muslims! I don't want to die because of Bushs lies and YOUR STUPIDITY!

:rofl this s by far one of the worthless things you have said! You do not understand politics and a political opinion! You can say "I believe" or something of that nature! You can NOT say fact, b/c their is not CREDIBLE FACT to back it up! Your turning your opinion into a fact, which is no logical!

Taxpayer, set aside the WMD arguement! Would you support the war if we went in there to liberate the iraqis and remove saddam from office! nothing was stated saddam got rid of his nuclear arms. Before Clinton left office, he still said Saddam was a threat and needed to be removed from office! Knowing Saddams gruesome past, it was the best thing to do to investigate iraq! If we didnt and by chance we did get attacked, you would be blaming Bush for not doing anything, like you probably have for 9/11! OK back to the point, if we went in there to remove saddam and liberate iraqi's (look at some of those pictures from soldiers from iraq and all the kids are joyous! Doesnt that give you a sense of pride that we can provide them with that?) would you support it? Now this is the quesion i want you to answer, what if Clinton did this? would you support it?

taxpayer said:

Well guess what???

:2rofll: your 'arguments' are PATHETIC
so far only dems have raised the issue of a draft. NOT BUSH
to be quite clear, Bush said there will not be a draft reinstated
put the crack pipe down and come back to reality

taxpayer said:

Well guess what???

Now this is sheer intelligence...oh wait...I replied to the wrong post.

I am still waiting for you Liberal to tell me what lie President bush told to go to war in Iraq.......

As Adlai Stevenson, a great democrat once said when addressing the Soviet rep in the UN during the Cuban crisis on whether there were missile in Cuba, and I quote, "I will wait for hell to freeze over for your answer."

AK_Conservative said:
You are absolutely wrong! I know for a fact that Bush has never provided such a statement! Why should i take the time to search false accusations when it is solely his responcibilty to back up his statements! If he does not provide proper information sources, he loses becuase he fails to create a logical arguement!
no. I'm sorry, I didn't read exactly what you guys were talking about, I just saw you refusing to check a source. If he didn't provide a source, don't say "Well that's crap", ask for a source. When in doubt, ask for a source. If you're not interested in checking sources, then this isn't the right place for you.
It's perfectly fair to ask him to provide his source, since he's supposed to do that anyways in the first place. And I can't tell you how many times I've read some ridiculous essay by some person with the intelligence of my left nut (my right one's the smart one), but I still read the source. It's just how we roll.

galenrox said:
no. I'm sorry, I didn't read exactly what you guys were talking about, I just saw you refusing to check a source. If he didn't provide a source, don't say "Well that's crap", ask for a source. When in doubt, ask for a source. If you're not interested in checking sources, then this isn't the right place for you.
It's perfectly fair to ask him to provide his source, since he's supposed to do that anyways in the first place. And I can't tell you how many times I've read some ridiculous essay by some person with the intelligence of my left nut (my right one's the smart one), but I still read the source. It's just how we roll.

yeah, except for Chief...he just smokes rock and spouts attacks against liberals at random. Oh, and those who arent liberals but he wishes were. And conservatives he convinces himself are liberals. And the tea kettle is liberal too...so is his fridge...anyway, you get my point. Chiefy boy is on rock.

Navy Pride said:
I am still waiting for you Liberal to tell me what lie President bush told to go to war in Iraq.......

As Adlai Stevenson, a great democrat once said when addressing the Soviet rep in the UN during the Cuban crisis on whether there were missile in Cuba, and I quote, "I will wait for hell to freeze over for your answer."
Bad! No! We don't talk to daddy like that! Oh no we don't.
Oh I can't stay mad at you, it's so cute you think you're people.

Oh yes there is a thing called the "Downing Street Memo", oh yes there is, oh yes there is! Oh yeah, and in this memo there is proof that the president fixed intelligence to build a case for war, uh huh!

Yes, and so he lied, claiming that he had CIA intelligence when in fact he knew it wasn't good intelligence, oh yes he did, oh yes he did.

Is your tail wagging boy?

galenrox said:
Bad! No! We don't talk to daddy like that! Oh no we don't.
Oh I can't stay mad at you, it's so cute you think you're people.

Oh yes there is a thing called the "Downing Street Memo", oh yes there is, oh yes there is! Oh yeah, and in this memo there is proof that the president fixed intelligence to build a case for war, uh huh!

Yes, and so he lied, claiming that he had CIA intelligence when in fact he knew it wasn't good intelligence, oh yes he did, oh yes he did.

Is your tail wagging boy?

The downing street memo huh............Have you ever wondered why the left wing press has not jumped all over this memo? Its because it is a bunch of crap and after the Dan Rather fiasco they won't touch it with a 10 ft poll..

Navy Pride said:
The downing street memo huh............Have you ever wondered why the left wing press has not jumped all over this memo? Its because it is a bunch of crap and after the Dan Rather fiasco they won't touch it with a 10 ft poll..
Oh yeah, it's that, and not the fact that the so-called "liberal media" is run by extremely conservative corporations, chief. Look at Newscorp, how about Sinclaire? Both control LARGE portions of this so-called "liberal media" and both are run by HARDCORE conservatives, so this is where we use a little thing called logic (it's really an amazing thing, you should look into it), and this enables us to draw the conclusion that the media is not in fact liberal, and people who think that it is are by and large too dumb to find their way of of their own respective cardboard boxes.
Except for CNN, but their not going to do anything that could risk them being labeled as liberal, since they're already an extremely unbiased news source and people like you still accuse them as being liberal, so if the other news organizations aren't breaking it, they're not gonna break it either.

The Downing Street Memo is by and large viewed as authentic, which is a lot better than the crap Bush had the CIA trump up. Read about it, OR you could continue holding your ridiculous opinions.

Either way, chief, it's time for you to take a nap, I'll go open up your crate.
Sit
Stay
Ok, sleep well their chief!

galenrox said:
Oh yeah, it's that, and not the fact that the so-called "liberal media" is run by extremely conservative corporations, chief. Look at Newscorp, how about Sinclaire? Both control LARGE portions of this so-called "liberal media" and both are run by HARDCORE conservatives, so this is where we use a little thing called logic (it's really an amazing thing, you should look into it), and this enables us to draw the conclusion that the media is not in fact liberal, and people who think that it is are by and large too dumb to find their way of of their own respective cardboard boxes.
Except for CNN, but their not going to do anything that could risk them being labeled as liberal, since they're already an extremely unbiased news source and people like you still accuse them as being liberal, so if the other news organizations aren't breaking it, they're not gonna break it either.

The Downing Street Memo is by and large viewed as authentic, which is a lot better than the crap Bush had the CIA trump up. Read about it, OR you could continue holding your ridiculous opinions.

Either way, chief, it's time for you to take a nap, I'll go open up your crate.
Sit
Stay
Ok, sleep well their chief!

If you don't believe that the media and organizations like CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC< Public TV, The NY and LA times are not far left in their reporting then all I can say is you live in a fantasy world my friend.......

Navy Pride said:
If you don't believe that the media and organizations like CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC< Public TV, The NY and LA times are not far left in their reporting then all I can say is you live in a fantasy world my friend.......
Right, and that's why I'm smart and you have to wear a helmet and have special things blocking your outlets, not to mention rubber coating your corners.

It's simply idiotic to assert that the organizations are liberal. They have liberals, as does ANYWHERE ELSE, and they have conservatives. They are owned by conservatives, and the reporters are employed by conservatives.

And ABC, are you frickin joking? Have you ever in your life listened to ABC talk radio?

galenrox said:
Right, and that's why I'm smart and you have to wear a helmet and have special things blocking your outlets, not to mention rubber coating your corners.

It's simply idiotic to assert that the organizations are liberal. They have liberals, as does ANYWHERE ELSE, and they have conservatives. They are owned by conservatives, and the reporters are employed by conservatives.

And ABC, are you frickin joking? Have you ever in your life listened to ABC talk radio?

Duh, did I mention ABC Talk Radio? Let me look.........Nope, sorry.....

For your info FOX and talk radio is the only place that Conservatives are heard...........

Air America is about to go belly up though.........They are so desperate they are even asking on air from the listeners to make contributions to keep them afloat.......

galenrox said:

ignorance must be bliss ;)
why is it only liberals dont see the bias in the MSM but they cry all day long about the right slant on FoxNews
Why is it FoxNews crushes CNN and MSNBC everyday all day
because the RepCons were fed up with being forced fed liberal spin
they have had a stranglehold for a long time.
now between FoxNews and talk radio, we have outlets that tell our side of the story

^true, news corporations are mainly conservative. The reporting may seem liberal, because they tend to focus on the bad things that have happened in Iraq or Afghanistan. But these are the stories that sell. However, governments would go to great lengths to downplay a story like the downing street memo due to possible reprecussions. Believe it or not, our government does have some control over the media. If they really wanted something downplayed, I'm sure they could get it done.

Navy Pride said:
I guess your just not going to back up your statement that President Bush lied because you can't and you know it.........
Source: Newsmax:
WASHINGTON – The White House said Thursday that it had "solid" evidence Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction. "Iraq has lied before, and they're lying now about whether they possess weapons of mass destruction," said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer.

"President Bush has said Iraq has weapons of mass destruction." "Donald Rumsfeld has said Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

President Bush has vowed to lead a "coalition of the willing" to forcibly disarm Iraq if Saddam Hussein fails to do so voluntarily.
Bush to the UN
Quote: (SOURCE: WHITEHOUSE.GOV)
We know that Saddam Hussein pursued weapons of mass murder even when inspectors were in his country. Are we to assume that he stopped when they left? The history, the logic, and the facts lead to one conclusion: Saddam Hussein's regime is a grave and gathering danger. To suggest otherwise is to hope against the evidence. To assume this regime's good faith is to bet the lives of millions and the peace of the world in a reckless gamble. And this is a risk we must not take.

Delegates to the General Assembly, we have been more than patient. We've tried sanctions. We've tried the carrot of oil for food, and the stick of coalition military strikes. But Saddam Hussein has defied all these efforts and continues to develop weapons of mass destruction. The first time we may be completely certain he has a -- nuclear weapons is when, God forbids, he uses one. We owe it to all our citizens to do everything in our power to prevent that day from coming.
Address by Bush 10/7/02 (SOURCE: WHITEHOUSE.GOV)
The threat comes from Iraq. It arises directly from the Iraqi regime's own actions -- its history of aggression, and its drive toward an arsenal of terror. Eleven years ago, as a condition for ending the Persian Gulf War, the Iraqi regime was required to destroy its weapons of mass destruction, to cease all development of such weapons, and to stop all support for terrorist groups. The Iraqi regime has violated all of those obligations. It possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons.

First, some ask why Iraq is different from other countries or regimes that also have terrible weapons. While there are many dangers in the world, the threat from Iraq stands alone -- because it gathers the most serious dangers of our age in one place. Iraq's weapons of mass destruction are controlled by a murderous tyrant who has already used chemical weapons to kill thousands of people. This same tyrant has tried to dominate the Middle East, has invaded and brutally occupied a small neighbor, has struck other nations without warning, and holds an unrelenting hostility toward the United States.

The time for denying, deceiving, and delaying has come to an end. Saddam Hussein must disarm himself -- or, for the sake of peace, we will lead a coalition to disarm him.

There is no easy or risk-free course of action. Some have argued we should wait -- and that's an option. In my view, it's the riskiest of all options, because the longer we wait, the stronger and bolder Saddam Hussein will become. We could wait and hope that Saddam does not give weapons to terrorists, or develop a nuclear weapon to blackmail the world. But I'm convinced that is a hope against all evidence.
Everyone remember this gem from Ari Fleischer? (SOURCE: WHITEHOUSE.GOV)
Quote:Q Can we presume that the President is very happy that Mr. Blix says there is no smoking gun in the search for weapons in Iraq?

MR. FLEISCHER: Well, the problem with guns that are hidden is you can't see their smoke.
Bush, addressing the US, March 17th, 2003 (SOURCE: WHITEHOUSE.GOV)
For more than a decade, the United States and other nations have pursued patient and honorable efforts to disarm the Iraqi regime without war. That regime pledged to reveal and destroy all its weapons of mass destruction as a condition for ending the Persian Gulf War in 1991.

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

It is too late for Saddam Hussein to remain in power. It is not too late for the Iraqi military to act with honor and protect your country by permitting the peaceful entry of coalition forces to eliminate weapons of mass destruction.
Ari Fleischer gives us THE SMOKING GUN (SOURCE: WHITEHOUSE.GOV)
Q But Iraq is the sole goal?

MR. FLEISCHER: The President has made repeatedly clear to the American people, as he said in his address to the nation the other night, that the purpose of this is the disarmament of the Iraqi regime.
Bush October 7, 2004
Source Whitehouse.gov
The Duelfer report makes clear that much of the accumulated body of 12 years of our intelligence and that of our allies was wrong, and we must find out why and correct the flaws.
Source Washington Post
Of course, then he completely changes his rationale for going to war:
President Bush and Vice President Cheney said yesterday that the war in Iraq was justified because Saddam Hussein could have made weapons of mass destruction.

The new rationale offered by the president and vice president, significantly more modest than earlier statements about the deposed Iraqi president's capabilities, comes after government experts have said it is unlikely banned weapons will be found in Iraq and after Bush's naming Friday of a commission to examine faulty prewar intelligence.
SOURCE WHITEHOUSE.GOV
Q On the question of Iraq, two issues. First, you've been using the phrase, "gathering threat" and "grave danger," which obviously are words that the President, himself, used many times before the war. You have not used the word "imminent threat." And the essence of Dr. Kay's comments recently would suggest that there was no way for there to be an imminent threat.

Does the President now believe that, in fact, while the threat was gathering, while the threat may have been grave, that, in fact, it was not imminent?

MR. McCLELLAN: I think we've said all along that it was a grave and gathering threat. And that in a post-September 11th world, you must confront gathering threats before it's too late.

I think some in the media have chosen to use the word "imminent." Those were not words --

Q The President himself never used that word?

MR. McCLELLAN: Those were not words we used. We used "grave and gathering threat." We made it very clear that it was a gathering threat, that it's important to confront gathering threats in this post-September 11th world, because of the new dangers and new threats that we face.

Q So then under your interpretation, if you're not using the word "imminent" and the President didn't use it, this was not a preemptive attack, this was a preventative war? Is that the White House position?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, again, September 11th taught us that we must confront gathering threats before it's too late. Saddam Hussein -- Saddam Hussein had ample opportunity to come clean.

Q I hear you, Scott. But there's a definitional difference. "Preemptive" has to do with imminent threats. "Preventative" has to do with non-imminent threats.

MR. McCLELLAN: He was a gathering threat, and it was important that we confront that threat. I don't know that I necessarily agree with your distinctions that you're making there.
Go back to 2/10/03 and see this:
MR. McCLELLAN: Well, what we're focused on -- and, remember, it goes back to what the President said over the weekend. And this is about disarmament. This is about 12 years of deceiving and denying and cheating and retreating and playing hide-and-seek. And those games are over. And the President has made that very clear. And now this is an opportunity for the United Nations Security Council and the United Nations to show its relevance; 1441 is very clear in what it says. And Saddam Hussein has continued his defiance of the international community. And this is a moment for the Security Council to come together and show its relevance. And we will not put up with any more games of deception and any more games of hide-and-seek, as the President has made very clear.

QUESTION: What about NATO's role? Belgium now says it will veto any attempt to provide help to Turkey to defend itself. Is this something the administration can live with, or is it a major obstacle?

MR. McCLELLAN: Two points. We support the request under Article IV of Turkey. And I think it's important to note that the request from a country under Article IV that faces an imminent threat goes to the very core of the NATO alliance and its purpose.

Just a pack of liars.

shuamort said:

Bush to the UN
Bush October 7, 2004
Source Whitehouse.gov

Source Washington Post

SOURCE WHITEHOUSE.GOV

Just a pack of liars.

boy thats alot of research
too bad it FAILS to prove Bush lied
Bush relied on Faulty intel at worst
Bush was not the only one to believe what he read
Many other countries said the same thing; our corrobarating evidence
Many other organizations said the same thing
Many Major Politicians, before Bush, said the same exact thing
check all the Clinton quotes, Kennedy quotes, Kerry quotes, etc....., ad nauseum

it is your hatred of bush that allows you to assume it was a lie
could it be true? yes. has it been proven? no

until you have proof. Shut up already
you and your ilk are like yipping little poodles biting at my ankles
annoying and without merit

DeeJayH said:
boy thats alot of research
too bad it FAILS to prove Bush lied
Bush relied on Faulty intel at worst
Bush was not the only one to believe what he read
Many other countries said the same thing; our corrobarating evidence
Many other organizations said the same thing
Many Major Politicians, before Bush, said the same exact thing
check all the Clinton quotes, Kennedy quotes, Kerry quotes, etc....., ad nauseum

it is your hatred of bush that allows you to assume it was a lie
could it be true? yes. has it been proven? no

until you have proof. Shut up already
you and your ilk are like yipping little poodles biting at my ankles
annoying and without merit
Umm, ok, you seemed to conveniently skip over all of the information and then build strawmen about my position. Nice. And I don't appreciate being told to "shut up already". If you don't like facts, maybe this isn't a good place for you.

shuamort said:
Umm, ok, you seemed to conveniently skip over all of the information and then build strawmen about my position. Nice. And I don't appreciate being told to "shut up already". If you don't like facts, maybe this isn't a good place for you.

maybe you could come down to my level of simplistic thinking and point out where you proved they lied
all i read was what they said, which appears to of been false
faulty intelligence does not = LIED

DeeJayH said:
maybe you could come down to my level of simplistic thinking and point out where you proved they lied
all i read was what they said, which appears to of been false
faulty intelligence does not = LIED
You mean that he post hoc justified a false war built on fabrications? Or the fact that his mouth piece lied about it being an "Imminent threat"?

shuamort said:

Bush to the UN
Bush October 7, 2004
Source Whitehouse.gov

Source Washington Post

SOURCE WHITEHOUSE.GOV

Just a pack of liars.

.Everthing goes back to faulty intelligence.......

shuamort said:
You mean that he post hoc justified a false war built on fabrications? Or the fact that his mouth piece lied about it being an "Imminent threat"?
let me spell it out for you
something said with the best intentions at one time
that is later proven to be false
DOES NOT MAKE IT A LIE

Intelligence is gray, not black and white
especially after Clinton descimated its budget

most people thought that either saddam had WMDs or was pursuing WMDs
until i see PROOF otherwise, i accept that

Back
Top Bottom