• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One Reason Trump's in Such a Panic for the Pandemic to End

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Loan payments loom as Trump fights for his political future – and the future of his business

In fact, the hotel’s managing director, Gabriel Constantin, said the coronavirus pandemic had hurt the Trump hotel so deeply — reducing business travel and forcing the cancellation of Chicago conferences — that it might be nine years before their business returned to 2019 levels.

As Trump fights to save his political career, another key part of his life — his business — is also under growing stress.

In the next four years, Trump faces payment deadlines for more than $400 million in loans — just as the pandemic robs his businesses of customers and income, according to a Washington Post analysis of Trump’s finances. The bills coming due include loans on his Chicago hotel, his D.C. hotel and his Doral resort, all hit by a double whammy: Trump’s political career slowed their business, then the pandemic ground it down much further.

Eleven more days...

Loan payments loom as Trump fights for his political future – and the future of his business

In fact, the hotel’s managing director, Gabriel Constantin, said the coronavirus pandemic had hurt the Trump hotel so deeply — reducing business travel and forcing the cancellation of Chicago conferences — that it might be nine years before their business returned to 2019 levels.​
As Trump fights to save his political career, another key part of his life — his business — is also under growing stress.​
In the next four years, Trump faces payment deadlines for more than $400 million in loans — just as the pandemic robs his businesses of customers and income, according to a Washington Post analysis of Trump’s finances. The bills coming due include loans on his Chicago hotel, his D.C. hotel and his Doral resort, all hit by a double whammy: Trump’s political career slowed their business, then the pandemic ground it down much further.

Eleven more days...
Thanks to his ineptitude, not only are his businesses failing. He is also about to see the pandemic usher him out of the White House, as numbers spike during the current election cycle.

In fact, the hotel’s managing director, Gabriel Constantin, said the coronavirus pandemic had hurt the Trump hotel so deeply — reducing business travel and forcing the cancellation of Chicago conferences — that it might be nine years before their business returned to 2019 levels.​
As Trump fights to save his political career, another key part of his life — his business — is also under growing stress.​

Eleven more days...
I've often wondered why everyone has been ignoring the obvious here; every hotel owner and resort owner has been screaming against shutdowns from the start because they are losing money bigtime. What do Trump's businesses provide?
Exactly.

If he was smart he would have encouraged mask-wearing, and social distancing early on and people would be at hotels by now. But he's not.

Eleven more days...
He doesn't have 9 years to pay back that Half a Billion he owes the Russians, time to liquify or, well they have another answer.

If he was smart he would have encouraged mask-wearing, and social distancing early on and people would be at hotels by now. But he's not.
Stupid people do stupid things, Meh...

He might want it, and pretend it’s happening, but the US just set a record of COVID cases today.

what a freaking clown.
And he insists if we tested less, we'd be all set. But unless there is a rise in deaths/hospitalizations, he has a point. I personally think it's a good idea to test a lot, that way folks can hopefully be prevented from spreading it. But it is also true that many people don't get majorly sick, some probably would never have known. Case #'s are only one metric used to judge the severity of the caseload. Hospitalizations and deaths are another, and community transmission.

Nationally, deaths are going down, from what it appears and have not spiked in a couple of months now. I am not advocating no caution, but we need to keep all facts in mind, yes?

I work at a resort and returned to work a couple months ago. Everyone is required to wear masks indoors. I brought it up to management that there were no signs outside telling people to wear masks before entering. The next day our PR director had a couple little signs to put up. I suggested a better location at which time she leaned over and told me “We’re trying to downplay this”. I gave her a look of death and said that’s dumb. She then realized I wasn‘t on team hoax and tried to back Peddle.

At the very beginning of the pandemic they wouldn’t let us wear masks because they didnt want to spook guests. That’s when I took a leave of absence.

There are many businesses that are skirting safety rules.

It’s obvious Trumps decisions are similar. It’s all about the bottom line for his personal interests and not the American people.

And he insists if we tested less, we'd be all set. But unless there is a rise in deaths/hospitalizations, he has a point. I personally think it's a good idea to test a lot, that way folks can hopefully be prevented from spreading it. But it is also true that many people don't get majorly sick, some probably would never have known. Case #'s are only one metric used to judge the severity of the caseload. Hospitalizations and deaths are another, and community transmission.

Nationally, deaths are going down, from what it appears and have not spiked in a couple of months now. I am not advocating no caution, but we need to keep all facts in mind, yes?

Death rates are sharply down because we now know how to manage sick patients.

Hospitalizations are rising now, because thats where we treat the sick patients. And the consequences of having an illness that may take a few months to recover from are not minor.

This disease is totally controllable with what we know now - without a virus. But we cant do it in the US, and one big reason for that is lack of leadership.

I've often wondered why everyone has been ignoring the obvious here; every hotel owner and resort owner has been screaming against shutdowns from the start because they are losing money bigtime. What do Trump's businesses provide?
Exactly.
They provide golf; probably the most pointless activity known to man. Oh, and his golf courses are tanking too.
Trump cynically promised (lied), that his golf course would offer 6000 new jobs in Scotland. They got a measly couple of hundred-if they're still working. Scots hate Trump with a vengeance, with good reason:

Last edited:
Stupid people do stupid things, Meh...

I submit that President of the United States of America Donald Trump is not stupid. Using a computer analogy, his basic hardware's probably just as good as that of most people. It's his programming that's at fault. For openers, he appears to have the same anti-intellectual bias that afflicts many of my fellow Americans. In addition, he's missing an important 'if ... then ...' command in his programming for facing new facts. There are a number of recurring 'loops' which run without an exit. A very few of them do seem to have a time switch, though.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

I submit that President of the United States of America Donald Trump is not stupid. Using a computer analogy, his basic hardware's probably just as good as that of most people. It's his programming that's at fault. For openers, he appears to have the same anti-intellectual bias that afflicts many of my fellow Americans. In addition, he's missing an important 'if ... then ...' command in his programming for facing new facts. There are a number of recurring 'loops' which run without an exit. A very few of them do seem to have a time switch, though.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
Trump clearly suffers an inferiority complex; hence his constant attacks against those more clever, better qualified and infinitely more educated than him. It's a defence mechanism.

Beautiful analogy!!!

Trump clearly suffers an inferiority complex; hence his constant attacks against those more clever, better qualified and infinitely more educated than him. It's a defence mechanism.
A deep insecurity underlies narcissism. It would be sad if they didn't piss us off so much with their ingrained defenses.

Eleven more days...
Why do you care about Trump's businesses?

I don't see how that has anything to do with Trump's Presidency.

I don't see any evidence that Trump's "political career" (hint...there is no Trump political career...he's not a politician and he's not doing this for a living) is related to the Trump organization.

A deep insecurity underlies narcissism. It would be sad if they didn't piss us off so much with their ingrained defenses.
Or he could be just a garden variety sadistic asshole that gets off on dominating others .;)

I don't think Donald Trump thought he could sucker this many people. Once he saw the idiots lining up behind him he just rode the wave.

And if he defaults on loans and such, sue his ass or take his other stuff just like everyone else in that situation.

That is nonsense. States which had earlier mask “mandates” like CA or NY, for example, are not seeing a return to normal (pre COVID-19) motel/hotel business volume.

Hi!

You may, or may not, be right. That the personality of President of the United States of America Donald Trump falls outside that which many of us would consider as the 'norm' is a given, though.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Hi!

You may, or may not, be right. That the personality of President of the United States of America Donald Trump falls outside that which many of us would consider as the 'norm' is a given, though.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
I may well be wrong, but everything about Trump's behaviour points to his demonstrating all the traits of a disturbed sociopath. He meets pretty much every criterion for the diagnosis:

Back
Top Bottom