• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One of the most highly decorated former US Army generals blasts Trump

3 Purple Hearts
2 Distinguished Service Crosses
2 Silver Stars
4 Stars

?????

YOUR ConManDuh n Cheat didn't serve! And you have the temerity to call this most distinguished officer who took a bullet for you, THREE TIMES , a potato head? :doh -pathetic!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were "moving on"?

Neither did Obama.

McCaffrey's awards don't immunize him from criticism.

Brennan? Clapper? Former this, that and the other?

Nah...I'm still not impressed by a bunch of has beens who don't like Trump.

I'm only posting to you, i.e., I am not expecting you to convert suddenly to reality -- if ever. Certainly not on the basis of my posts. I don't expect recognition of my reply content by any Putin-Trump-Fanboy, not presently or ever. You guys are either oblivious or in denial of the severe and unprecedented breach in civil-military relations caused by potus/c'n c that divides he and the Pentagon chiefs and theater field commanders globally (rightwing buzz word alert). I rather post to the reader who is other than American Conservative/Republican and die hard for Trump.

What I have posted by the generals and admirals is a small dose of it. The "it" is the whole picture, i.e., that Pentagon chiefs and theater commanders globally know Donald Trump is an incompetent potus and a "serious threat" kind of commander in chief to the USA itself. This is true of the retired generals and admirals. It's virtually unanimous among living generals and admirals of either status. "Under the influence of Putin" is what Trump is as Gen. McCaffery points out and notes as alleged. The withdrawal from Syria is a "Christmas gift to Putin," as Admiral (Ret.) James Stravridis said adding his gravitas as former Nato Supreme Allied Commander to stress the requisite that the USA have allies around the globe.

So lets' look at a current active duty four-star general, Raymond "Tony" Thomas who is commander US Special Operation Command -- which is the position formerly held by Adm. McRaven:

Special Ops general: The government is in 'unbelievable turmoil'

th

Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas commander of US SpecOps Command, center, with Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, right, and Army Gen. Joseph L. Votel, commander of US Central Command, at Socom headquarters on MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., March 11, 2016. DoD photo by Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Dominique A. Pineiro

The head of US Special Operations Command gave a frank assessment of the state of the American government, and it wasn't pretty. Speaking at a military conference, Gen. Raymond Thomas told attendees: "Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we're a nation at war."

Thomas didn't mention any specific issues with the government. When asked later about his comments, Thomas told The Times: "As a commander, I'm concerned our government be as stable as possible." It's rather uncharacteristic for a top active-duty military officer to offer such public critiques. Still, Thomas concluded that the Special Operations forces under his command — including Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces, and Marine Raiders — were "staying focused" despite the dysfunction in Washington.

https://www.businessinsider.com/socom-commander-government-unbelievable-turmoil-2017-2

The number one national security foreign policy concern at Pentagon is allies globally. It has been the core and basis of US national security policy and global stability since the beginning of the cold war. All of the officer corps of the armed forces are committed to the doctrine of allies and to the containment of foreign powers hostile to the United States. Politicians cozying up to foreign tyrants determined to destroy the United States is unacceptable in the absolute. The USA being under the influence or direction of foreign hostile powers is rejected in the absolute.

The armed forces oath is to the Constitution, not to any official or person of the government. This is how George Washinton wanted it when Washington successfully introduced the armed forces oath taking provision to the Constitutional Convention. The identical principle is true of Congress, the Supreme Court and all judges of the judiciary to include employees of all three branches of the government. And to all employees of the governments of the 50 states to include National Guard. This contrasts to Donald Trump who took his oath of office then wiped his ass with it. The tissue has been provided to Trump since by the Putin-Trump-Fanboys.

I'm only posting to you, i.e., I am not expecting you to convert suddenly to reality -- if ever. Certainly not on the basis of my posts. I don't expect recognition of my reply content by any Putin-Trump-Fanboy, not presently or ever. You guys are either oblivious or in denial of the severe and unprecedented breach in civil-military relations caused by potus/c'n c that divides he and the Pentagon chiefs and theater field commanders globally (rightwing buzz word alert). I rather post to the reader who is other than American Conservative/Republican and die hard for Trump.

What I have posted by the generals and admirals is a small dose of it. The "it" is the whole picture, i.e., that Pentagon chiefs and theater commanders globally know Donald Trump is an incompetent potus and a "serious threat" kind of commander in chief to the USA itself. This is true of the retired generals and admirals. It's virtually unanimous among living generals and admirals of either status. "Under the influence of Putin" is what Trump is as Gen. McCaffery points out and notes as alleged. The withdrawal from Syria is a "Christmas gift to Putin," as Admiral (Ret.) James Stravridis said adding his gravitas as former Nato Supreme Allied Commander to stress the requisite that the USA have allies around the globe.

So lets' look at a current active duty four-star general, Raymond "Tony" Thomas who is commander US Special Operation Command -- which is the position formerly held by Adm. McRaven:

Special Ops general: The government is in 'unbelievable turmoil'

th

Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas commander of US SpecOps Command, center, with Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, right, and Army Gen. Joseph L. Votel, commander of US Central Command, at Socom headquarters on MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., March 11, 2016. DoD photo by Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Dominique A. Pineiro

The head of US Special Operations Command gave a frank assessment of the state of the American government, and it wasn't pretty. Speaking at a military conference, Gen. Raymond Thomas told attendees: "Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we're a nation at war."

Thomas didn't mention any specific issues with the government. When asked later about his comments, Thomas told The Times: "As a commander, I'm concerned our government be as stable as possible." It's rather uncharacteristic for a top active-duty military officer to offer such public critiques. Still, Thomas concluded that the Special Operations forces under his command — including Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces, and Marine Raiders — were "staying focused" despite the dysfunction in Washington.

https://www.businessinsider.com/socom-commander-government-unbelievable-turmoil-2017-2

The number one national security foreign policy concern at Pentagon is allies globally. It has been the core and basis of US national security policy and global stability since the beginning of the cold war. All of the officer corps of the armed forces are committed to the doctrine of allies and to the containment of foreign powers hostile to the United States. Politicians cozying up to foreign tyrants determined to destroy the United States is unacceptable in the absolute. The USA being under the influence or direction of foreign hostile powers is rejected in the absolute.

The armed forces oath is to the Constitution, not to any official or person of the government. This is how George Washinton wanted it when Washington successfully introduced the armed forces oath taking provision to the Constitutional Convention. The identical principle is true of Congress, the Supreme Court and all judges of the judiciary to include employees of all three branches of the government. And to all employees of the governments of the 50 states to include National Guard. This contrasts to Donald Trump who took his oath of office then wiped his ass with it. The tissue has been provided to Trump since by the Putin-Trump-Fanboys.

The good thing is, they have a choice...follow orders or get the **** out of the way.

Well put. He did a good job in visiting the troops. But the entire affair was laughable. He lied to them, mad incredibly stupid remarks, weakened our relationship with Iraq etc. Im amazed he gets his pants on in the morning.
I applaud Trump for making the trip to visit with our front line patriots, but am really disappointed that he turned it into a political rally and lied to them. These men and women willingly give/sacrifice so much (along with their families) supporting our country’s policies and interests abroad deserve respect. Turning what should have been all about thanking them for their personal sacrifices and contributions to our country into a political event and lying to them was entirely disrespectful and shameful.

Oh...McCaffrey. Yeah, he was dismissed a long time ago. But since he's a neverTrumper, the media trots him out every now and then.
Moving on...
He's still a talking potato head.
^^ Your empty insults are typical of the pointless/pathetic responses Trumpsters use when they have nothing to counter with. Just makes you look even more uninformed and utterly partisan.
Truth is not stupid.
Your comments are though.
McCaffrey has dedicated his life to our country. His extraordinary deeds speak volumes to his character and patriotism.
https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/7445
Trump, on the other hand, has only ever sought to make himself rich and famous. It’s always been about him. Truth is Trump will never be 1 1,000th of the man that McCaffrey is.
No they do not. They, along with everything else that he has accomplished, do entitle him to a great deal more respect and trust than Trump will ever be worthy of.
Trump is a direct reflection of his supporters. These conservatives who disrespect the people who voluntarily work to ensure our security in exchange for a slat fence that'll never be built is another example of how low they'll sink. How un-American does Trump have to get before his cult demands that he pull his tongue out of Putin's ass?
I agree with your statement except the part where you refer to “conservatives”. Trump is not a real conservative and never has been. He is a (self-proclaimed) nationalist in the worst sense of the term. He and his agenda are an affront to genuine conservatives.

I applaud Trump for making the trip to visit with our front line patriots, but am really disappointed that he turned it into a political rally and lied to them. These men and women willingly give/sacrifice so much (along with their families) supporting our country’s policies and interests abroad deserve respect. Turning what should have been all about thanking them for their personal sacrifices and contributions to our country into a political event and lying to them was entirely disrespectful and shameful.

^^ Your empty insults are typical of the pointless/pathetic responses Trumpsters use when they have nothing to counter with. Just makes you look even more uninformed and utterly partisan.

McCaffrey has dedicated his life to our country. His extraordinary deeds speak volumes to his character and patriotism.
Trump, on the other hand, has only ever sought to make himself rich and famous. It’s always been about him. Truth is Trump will never be 1 1,000th of the man that McCaffrey is.

No they do not. They, along with everything else that he has accomplished, do entitle him to a great deal more respect and trust than Trump will ever be worthy of.

I agree with your statement except the part where you refer to “conservatives”. Trump is not a real conservative and never has been. He is a (self-proclaimed) nationalist in the worst sense of the term. He and his agenda are an affront to genuine conservatives.

That doesn't put him above being disagreed with.

The armed forces oath is to the Constitution, not to any official or person of the government.

Then Whats the point of the long concern of a breach between civil and military relations? If it exists, the responsibility rests squarely on the military. They are subject to civilian control. They swear such an oath.

All Trump cares is about money? Need to review the various 'Trump threatens to close the border thread.' In those ones, the gripe is that Trump cares INSUFFICIENTLY about money.
The one thing Trump cares about more than money is his fragile pride. He’d rather hurt America financially than be viewed as weak by his base.

The Pope has dedicated his life to the world. If he tells you that gays will go to hell, will you blindly agree with him? I don't.

McCaffrey is a talking potato head. His only purpose is to spout anti-Trump nonsense on mainstream tv. He's no different than any of the other talking potato heads the likes of CNN, Fox and MSNBC have on their shows.

The Pope has dedicated his life to the world. If he tells you that gays will go to hell, will you blindly agree with him? I don't.

McCaffrey is a talking potato head. His only purpose is to spout anti-Trump nonsense on mainstream tv. He's no different than any of the other talking potato heads the likes of CNN, Fox and MSNBC have on their shows.

He hath spoken against the Dear Leader!

Cast him out!

Destroy him!

Hail Trump!

Hail the Dear Leader!

Misery upon his enemies!

Neither did Obama.

There wasn’t a war going on
There wasn’t a draft
And President Obama’s daddy didn’t buy him a deferment

McCaffrey made his point logically and intelligently he deserves a like response. In any case when someone takes a bullet for you it’s ungrateful to call them names.

There wasn’t a war going on
There wasn’t a draft

And President Obama’s daddy didn’t buy him a deferment

McCaffrey made his point logically and intelligently he deserves a like response. In any case when someone takes a bullet for you it’s ungrateful to call them names.

Irrelevant.

Yeah, I remember when the Libbos were calling General Petrauis, "Betrayus". Were you in on that?

Irrelevant.

To you! AbsaByGodLutely relevant to MOST AmeriCANs.

Yeah, I remember when the Libbos were calling General Petrauis, "Betrayus". Were you in on that?

Oh, you must feel like you're losing so, predictably, change the subject.

Then Whats the point of the long concern of a breach between civil and military relations? If it exists, the responsibility rests squarely on the military. They are subject to civilian control. They swear such an oath.

The oath of the armed forces is to the Constitution. That is, to the people directly. The line is direct between the armed forces and the people on any organization or flow chart of Constitutional legitimacy, authority, relationship. There are two oaths in the armed forces. The officer oath has no one in it as it is to the Constitution directly, i.e., to the people. The enlisted oath to include of course nco is to the Constitution and includes the President consistent with the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Above all, both oaths are to the Constitution directly.

The oath is thereby to the three branches of the government. The three branches of government as coequal. The separation of powers and the system of checks and balances. The armed forces must therefore consider and balance the Constitutional issues of importance to the President, the Chief Justice, the Speaker of the House to include also the President Pro Tempore of the Senate (Sen. Grassley as of Jan 3rd; because of course the Vice President in the Executive Branch is not a senator). In short, the military chiefs of the Pentagon and the field theater commanders of the armed forces will always support civilian authority in accordance with the Constitution.

The generals and admirals will enforce the chain of command within the armed forces consistent with the UCMJ and Constitution, under the Constitution. And because the oath of the armed forces is to the Constitution and not to any official or person -- in other words to the people of the United States directly -- there is at all times, events, circumstances, the judgement and discretion as to the civilian authority to support. It was after all George Washington who successfully promoted the armed forces oath to the Constitutional Convention. Washington successfully established his purpose, which is that, should a tyrant ruler ever gain office and power in the presidency, it rests upon the armed forces commanders in their direct unison to the people via the Constitution, to form the foundation of the action by civilians to correct the malevolence as it is perceived.

He hath spoken against the Dear Leader!

Cast him out!

Destroy him!

Hail Trump!

Hail the Dear Leader!

Misery upon his enemies!

LOL!!

Hail Hyperbole!!

(if you didn't have hyperbole and nonsense, you'd have nothing)

Then we agree. Yes?
That no one is above questioning or disagreeing with, yes.

Your comment is a mixture of obvious logic and biased ignorance.

As already agreed with apdst, everyone is open to criticism and disagreement, however when you compare McCaffrey to television talking heads who have no personal experiences with the military, government policies, or long term relationships with current and former senior civilian/military officials/officers, you prove your ignorance of the general’s relative value.

What unit did you serve in?

Am I the one declaring that a man who has been repeatedly wounded serving this country is a “talking potato head”?

Go back to crying about how statues to tyranny are being removed across the south.

Am I the one declaring that a man who has been repeatedly wounded serving this country is a “talking potato head”?

Go back to crying about how statues to tyranny are being removed across the south.

You never served. Never, ever, question someone else.

You never served. Never, ever, question someone else.

Gee, that's funny, because everyone I know whose either served or is currently in the military has absolutely no problems discussing it.

Sounds like you are throwing a tantrum because you know your pal stuck his foot in it.

That doesn't put him above being disagreed with.

The Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after April 5, 1917, has been wounded or killed.

McCaffery has one with two clusters; wounded 3 times for his country.

The Silver Star Medal is awarded for gallantry, so long as the action does not justify the award of one of the next higher valor awards: the Distinguished Service Cross, the Navy Cross, or the Air Force Cross.[7] The gallantry displayed must have taken place while in action against an enemy of the United States, while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

McCaffery has one WITH a cluster.

The Distinguished Service Cross is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the Army (or in the Air Force before 1960), distinguishes himself or herself by extraordinary heroism not justifying the award of a Medal of Honor; while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing/foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing Armed Force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The act or acts of heroism must have been so notable and have involved risk of life so extraordinary as to set the individual apart from his or her comrades.[3]

McCaffery has one WITH a Cluster, the second highest award for bravery available to Army personnel.

He attaind the rank of GENERAL without modifiers! (4 Stars)

Of course he can be disagreed with IF you aren't under his command, since he's retired no one actually is, BUT for his rank and service AND his VALOR he deserves respect; to include not being called names when disagreeing with him.

Last edited:
McCaffery has one with two clusters; wounded 3 times for his country.

McCaffery has one WITH a cluster.

McCaffery has one WITH a Cluster, the second highest award for bravery available to Army personnel.

He attaind the rank of GENERAL without modifiers! (4 Stars)

Of course he can be disagreed with IF you aren't under his command, since he's retired no one actually is, BUT for his rank and service AND his VALOR he deserves respect; to include not being called names when disagreeing with him.

You're only saying that because he's criticle of President Trump. Otherwise, you would want him punished. Like when y'all wanted those troops punished for asking President Trump to sign their MAGA caps.

Stop blowing smoke up our ass.

Back
Top Bottom