• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

one of the best put downs ever

OscarB63

Farts in Elevators
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I spent the last 10 days with a group of teenagers at a national youth gathering. One of the kids in our group was a very annoying know-it-all. The last night of the trip we stayed at a church on the way home and were hanging out in the gym. This girl was doing push up and Mr. Know-it-all walked up and started telling her what she was doing wrong. She looked up at him and said "Oh, I'm sorry. I stopped paying attention as soon as you opended your mouth"

While perhaps not the best retort, I'm glad someone put Mr. Smartass down. I despise dilettantes who flaunt their often limited understanding.

I spent the last 10 days with a group of teenagers at a national youth gathering. One of the kids in our group was a very annoying know-it-all. The last night of the trip we stayed at a church on the way home and were hanging out in the gym. This girl was doing push up and Mr. Know-it-all walked up and started telling her what she was doing wrong. She looked up at him and said "Oh, I'm sorry. I stopped paying attention as soon as you opended your mouth"

Heya Oscar.
yo2.gif
Meh.
shrug.gif
I have heard some real zingers by both men and women. Can't seem to remember a couple of them for the time being. But I did remember busting a gut. :lol:

th

Back
Top Bottom