• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One of cinema's greatest monologues...

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Jaws -- did it keep you out of the water for a while?

LOL believe it or not, I just re-watched this movie a few weeks ago, I think you read my mind, Maggie.

I gig flounder, in shallow water in the dark.
I am keenly aware of sharks.
I have only seen one in the last 30 years, and he was moving too fast for me to gig.:mrgreen:

it is the absolutely most rivetting moment of a really tremendous film.

Shaw was brilliant in his delivery. They should have made that film instead of Jaws 2 and 3 and the rest of the crap.

it is the absolutely most rivetting moment of a really tremendous film.

Shaw was brilliant in his delivery. They should have made that film instead of Jaws 2 and 3 and the rest of the crap.

Shaw was quite a drinker. The day the scene was supposed to shoot, he suggested to the director that it would add realism to their drinking scene if they all had a few before it shot. The Director wrapped at 11am in the morning when Shaw passed out. He filmed cold sober the next day. Ah, that demon rum!

Interesting. I knew what this thread was going to be just from reading the tag line before clicking on it.

Great minds and all that.

Shaw was quite a drinker. The day the scene was supposed to shoot, he suggested to the director that it would add realism to their drinking scene if they all had a few before it shot. The Director wrapped at 11am in the morning when Shaw passed out. He filmed cold sober the next day. Ah, that demon rum!

Chalk it up to method acting. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom