• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

One more reason not to vote for Kerry

CSA_TX

Reaction score
Huckabee Criticizes Kerry at Gun Shooting Range
Wednesday July 21, 2004 11:32am

Lonoke (AP) - Governor Huckabee and Republican sportsmen took aim at the Democratic presidential ticket Wednesday. Huckabee says hunters should be up in arms over what the governor says is the threat that a John Kerry (website/newsbio) presidency would pose to gun rights.

Speaking at a gun club shooting range run by the Remington Arms company, Huckabee criticized Kerry's comments that the Second Amendment right to bear arms should stop with state militia and should not extend to individuals. The governor also cautioned Southerners not to be fooled by North Carolina Senator John Edwards
as Kerry's running mate. The governor says Edwards will try to portray himself as a fellow Southerner when he does not hunt, fish, like NASCAR racing or country music.

The governor also had some gag gifts for the presumptive Democratic nominees for when they come to Arkansas, including a NASCAR cap in camouflage, a toy shotgun, a Lynard Skynard CD, a membership application to the National Rifle Association and a
beginner's rod and reel. The governor was joking with these items, but said he would take Edwards fishing if the likely Vice Presidential nominee said he would accept the invitation.

found at http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0704/160711.html

The governor says Edwards will try to portray himself as a fellow Southerner when he does not hunt, fish, like NASCAR racing or country music.

Just whoi the hell does this guy think he is?

I'm allergic to fish, I don't hunt, and frankly seeing someone drive in circles isn't exciting. That does not change the fact that I am a southerner and this guy can go FSCK HIMSELF if he thinks differently.

Sorry. I'm sure it's a touch off topic.

As a steriotypical southerner (Fish ,Hunt, country music, nascar loving, redneck). I think what the govenor of Arkansas is saying is don't beleive the image that they are trying to portray. Kerry claims to be a hunter and a proponent for the second amendment, however he is not. On one of his rare apperences at work he flew half way across the country to vote in the senate to be on record of limiting our second amendment rights. They say Al Gore lost the south due to his gun grabbing ways, Kerry/Edwards are worse.
Its kinda of amazing, me a transplant to Texas from California a typical southerner. I wear that badge with honor. However most would be surprised at the number of rednecks in California when you get out of the LA / San Fransico areas. Yes California does have more than fruits and nuts.

Bad move on my part.

I was joking. I knew what he meant. But there is a point in there.

Not all southerners hunt, fish, and watch Nascar.
And I guess you prove that not all Californians are liberals.

but most of us smoke **** :-o
just a joke
sorry to get you guys excited

Back
Top Bottom