• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

One more reason not to vote for Kerry/Edwards

CSA_TX

Reaction score
I could care less what foreign leaders want for the USA. I think it is wrong to suggest that we give a shit. Its our country not their so they should mind their own damn business.

ELECTION 2004
Edwards: Foreign leaders want Bush out
'They're very frustrated with the way this administration has dealt with them'

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee John Edwards says foreign leaders are "frustrated" with President Bush and want to see a new face in the White House – though he says they won't say so directly.

"I was, just a few weeks ago … in Brussels at a NATO meeting with a whole group of NATO ambassadors and hearing their perspective on this," he told CNN's Larry King on his program last night. "I just believe that these countries around the world, whose cooperation and alliances we need, believe that in order for them to have a fresh start with America, we're going to need a new president to do that. Now, they're not going to want to say this very vocally, of course, but the reality is that in order for us to re-establish old relations and to establish new relationships, I believe we need a new president."

Continued Edwards: "They didn't say that directly. What they said was they're very frustrated with the way this administration has dealt with them.

"They believe that in this case our trans-Atlantic relationships are important, should be important to America, are important to them. They want to be treated with some level of respect. They understand, because I made it very clear, at the end of the day, the president of the United States is going to do what's in the best interest of the American people.

Then Edwards added this clarifier:

"But the vast majority of the time, our interests are aligned with the interests of our allies around the world."

Edwards has been criticized by fellow Democrats – including his running mate, John Kerry – for his lack of foreign-policy experience.

GOP leaders were highly critical of Kerry earlier in the campaign when he claimed unnamed foreign leaders didn't want Bush to be re-elected.

found at http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39586

"But the vast majority of the time, our interests are aligned with the interests of our allies around the world."

Is the enemy of your enemy your allie?

Is the enemy of your enemy your allie?

That's a dangerous game to play on the world stage, or in any other situation. Once you and your ally eliminate your mutual enemy, then your "ally" is free to turn on you or vice versa. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom