• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One month after the court says the coach can lead a prayer

What’s deflecting?

More schools will begin offering prayer.

More reason for folks to back vouchers so they have school choice.
public schools? Will teachers be leading/requiring it? How will that work?

Since I have seen your "argument" in support of vouchers and wholeheartedly disagree with it, I'm not going to address that.

public schools? Will teachers be leading/requiring it? How will that work?

Since I have seen your "argument" in support of vouchers and wholeheartedly disagree with it, I'm not going to address that.
Guess you don't actually read posts before you respond to them?

That's what the OP was about...and the article linked.

But hey...thanks for your valuable contributions to the thread. Always so on point and bringing so much to the conversation.

From your OP:

A Michigan superintendent is pondering whether coaches should lead students in pregame prayer. A school board member in Florida wants her district to teach students about prayer and offer religious studies. In Hawaii, the leader of a faith- and family-focused activism group sees a path to altering a state policy that says public-school employees cannot initiate prayer on campus.

This identifies individuals who would like or who are thinking about something. It is not identifying things that are actually happening.
LSHIDMTAMSFO!!

"They're not doing it, they're just thinking about doing it" has got to me the lamest deflection I've seen here in a while.

Republican denials are completely worthless at this point. We know you're lying.

LSHIDMTAMSFO!!

"They're not doing it, they're just thinking about doing it" has got to me the lamest deflection I've seen here in a while.

Republican denials are completely worthless at this point. We know you're lying.
1. Not a Republican

2. It's not a deflection at all - it's pointing out that, in fact, none of the things described are actually happening.

I could cite "an advocacy group see's a path to having us all live in underwater pod cities" or "one Wisconsin man is pondering whether or not to tell his student the truth about how the earth is neither round nor flat, but shaped like a pyramid", and they would be just as much proof.

Last edited:
Guess you don't actually read posts before you respond to them?

That's what the OP was about...and the article linked.

<typical nonsense>
I read what the OP highlighted. For some reason, he didn't think that vouchers was the important part..only you did.

Islam is not the majority religion in any state. Maybe given the unwise importation of many Muslims into Michigan and Minnesota there is individual schools where Muslims are the majority and in that case they can lead prayers there

Wierd, given all the freaking out is by atheistic leftists
There is no Constitutional way to favor one religion over another

There is no Constitutional way to favor one religion over another
Actually, there is. All that’s required is to not persecute non-majority religions and not establish a federal church. Other then that the state governments can do whatever they want

No, you don't like Jefferson but he existed so he also spoke and wrote. Here is a letter from Jefferson, consider it his best attempt to tell you to stop bastardizing his work from beyond the grave:
I don’t like Jefferson, but that’s not relevant here
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.
He’s only reaffirming what the first amendment says for the federal government.
Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

-Thomas Jefferson
Again, he never questions the legitimacy of Connecticut’s Congregationalist state church. Meaning he doesn’t consider this to violate that principle
I am curious about many republicans here - not all, but many decided they believed the constitution should be reinterpreted suddenly. How do you square that in your head? "Ah yes, now I see what I have been trying to think for 60 years..." ???
The freaks who sued to ban school prayer (and there were some real freaks, losers and wannabe Soviet defectors who the Soviets didn’t want in their country) asked for, and Recieved a sudden reinterpretation of the constitution. Now you’re upset the pendulum is swinging back.
Let's leave everything to the states. Electoral college? To the states.
The electoral college largely is. States can certify their own electors
That will be a mess, but it's meant for the states so too bad.
And also on religion in schools. Too bad, for you, good for everyone else

Actually, there is. All that’s required is to not persecute non-majority religions and not establish a federal church. Other then that the state governments can do whatever they want
Nope. Cite your case. If you favor one religion then it is the state religion

Look at the quote again: legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
so you think jefferson is saying "no law will establish a federal church, or prohibit the exercise of creating a federal church"

did you think about that? Maybe you should take a moment

Would love to read the entire article but it’s behind a paywall.

It's 2022 and you don't know your way around a paywall? You shouldn't be on an internet message board.

Look at the quote again: legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
so you think jefferson is saying "no law will establish a federal church, or prohibit the exercise of creating a federal church"
Yes, because legislature in this context means the Congress. If Thomas Jefferson was arguing against all government preference to religion, and was writing to a minority religious congregation within a state that had a taxpayer funded church, he would have written about such.

Even if he did however, this would be merely his opinion of how the first amendment should be applied. The first amendment was not applied the way that you claim Jefferson wants it until the 1960s. Which means that for all intents and purposes, it is a modern creation and not how the issue was traditionally understood
did you think about that? Maybe you should take a moment
🙄

No, that is not true.
Cite your case

The First Amendment's Establishment Clause prohibits the government from making any law “respecting an establishment of religion.” This clause not only forbids the government from establishing an official religion, but also prohibits government actions that unduly favor one religion over another.

Moreover, if someone doesn’t want to participate in a prayer… don’t participate. It doesn’t hurt you if others pray. It doesn’t impact you at all.

I’ve never understood these militant graceless joyless atheists. I just sleep in on Sundays; let the religious do their thing, bygones be bygones.
Would have a problem with Muslim students being given class time to pray in public schools ?

Will the student be allowed to use there prayer mat in public school?

You can't favor one religion over another.

Let's be fair

Teacher-led prayers* in public schools are coming. Get ready.

* By conservative Christians only.
What happens when the prayer rugs come out and the building has to clearly mark what direction is east?
Watch how fast the true colors of those states-rights loving, conservative Christians walk it back. Or double down?🤷🏻‍♀️

One more reason for vouchers.

Let parents choose where they want to send their kids to school.

John Doe School in East Nowhere has teachers leading fundamentalist prayers? Parents can opt to use their voucher to send their kid to School of Science and Math down the street instead.
Why not you home school your kids?

Oh Hell no.

If you're okay with making Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu students sit through a Christian prayer in public school, and not okay with having Christian students sit through a Muslim, Jewish Buddhist or Hindu prayer, then it's NOT about "religious freedom", it's about religious oppression and persecution.
true

The religious whack-jobs are seeking to broaden it.

We knew this was coming, although our resident conservatives denied it, as did their public spokespeople.

You guys wanna explain this, since you swore it wouldn't happen?

I will bet 3 things about poster.
1)He does not live in Washington
2) He never watches football games involving the coach
3) If he were a Satanist coach poster would be happy

Anyway who betted against me can send the money to my account

Why not you home school your kids?
Where they can learn about scientists what you never knew

"
over 65% of Nobel prize winners between 1901 and 2000 believed in God!!!

The statistics were taken from Baruch Shalev’s 100 Years of Nobel Prizes (Los Angeles, 2005)1 and, far from being over–stated, the number of theists may even have been higher still, as the he records that just over 65% of the overall winners identified as Christian, whilst over 20% were Jewish "

I know, I know, folks, I've told him this so many times. But that is my point :)

We knew this was coming, although our resident conservatives denied it, as did their public spokespeople.

You must be 15 or near, judging by your posts. So we and your fat girlfriend were supposed to laugh because you put 'gentialia' on public post....Oooooh, how cool, aren't you cool

Denied what, you didn't give any thing to be denied.
IF I say X is wrong and then make a prediction does the wrong prediction invalidate the wrongness of X ? OF COURSE NOT

Back
Top Bottom