• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

The ad itself is in that link.

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

In the latest example of psychological projection, a group of conservatives, who love to whine about how liberals are "so easily offended," gets so easily offended by the mildest of profanities.

Conservative mom group offended by ‘d-word’ in Burger King commercial. No, not that d-word | National Post

Couldn't they have at least gotten offended at the obvious paid actors instead? :mrgreen:

It really shouldn't surprise you but these are the same people clutching their pearls over the paper cup at Starbucks.

Do you wonder about people who find "damn" more offensive than " grab them by the *****?"

Re: "One Million Moms" gets offended at Burger King's use of the word "damn" in advertisement

Dont know what is more disturbing; the thought that they may be nothing more than professional victims voicing thier faux outrage, or the thought that they actually believe the BS they are saying. :roll:

Leave it Liberals to twist what was actually said to make another fake claim.

They only said it was highly inappropriate for a Burger King commercial.

This is why nobody believe Liberals. Its always yet another fake claim of something that never happened because they still can't get over an election.

Pretty sad though

Same group that got Hallmark to withdraw ads that had lesbian characters; happily, public outrage got Hallmark to return them and say they'd made a mistake. See, America is getting better in ways.

They were offended. Come to think of it, you seem pretty offended, too.

This is why nobody believe Liberals. Its always yet another fake claim of something that never happened because they still can't get over an election.

Pretty sad though
:lamo

The ad in question is in the article which you obviously didn't read. :)

They were offended. Come to think of it, you seem pretty offended, too.

The ad in question is in the article which you obviously didn't read. :)

“One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate,” says the Evangelic group. “When responding to the taste test, he didn’t have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial.”

The group went on to call the commercial irresponsible and tasteless. “It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.”

I did read the article. Obviously, you didn't. But what would I expect. You even claimed I was offended. You'll even make fake claims about someone who just provided a response to your post you didn't like.

Same ole Liberals doin the same ole junk.

Yep, cussing is only considered to be "folksy" when Joe Biden does it. ;)

Pretty sad though

This is coming from a party where they whine about the snowflakes.

This is coming from a party where they whine about the snowflakes.

Hell, most everyone whines about snowflakes. What does that have to do with it.

Hell, most everyone whines about snowflakes. What does that have to do with it.

I just find it a funny irony. That's all. A snowflake complaining about snowflakes.

An offshoot of the Trump supporting "American Family Association".

That is all you really need to know about these hypocrites and their concern about "destructive" language and "children repeating what they hear".

I just find it a funny irony. That's all. A snowflake complaining about snowflakes.

Where did you see a Liberal complaining about Liberals.

“One Million Moms finds this highly inappropriate,” says the Evangelic group. “When responding to the taste test, he didn’t have to curse. Or if, in fact, it was a real and unscripted interview in which the man was not an actor, then Burger King could have simply chosen to edit the profanity out of the commercial.”

The group went on to call the commercial irresponsible and tasteless. “It is extremely destructive and damaging to impressionable children viewing the commercial. We all know children repeat what they hear.”

I did read the article. Obviously, you didn't. But what would I expect. You even claimed I was offended. You'll even make fake claims about someone who just provided a response to your post you didn't like.

Same ole Liberals doin the same ole junk.

Why do you get so offended when someone points out your blatant dishonesty?

Where did you see a Liberal complaining about Liberals.

You're calling yourself a Liberal? :lamo

Here's the meaning of the (modern) Urban dictionary:

An expression of awe.
"Giving a damn", the act of caring about something.
An expression of surprise.
7. "Damn well", a sort of sentence enhancer, most often used with the word "better".
8. An adjective you can stick before phrases like "near" and "close to" to raise the sentence's severity.
9. An exclamation interchangeable with "Wow".
10. An adjective you can stick in front of absolutely any noun to add a feeling of stigma to your sentence.
1. You lost your keys? Damn.
2. DAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN she's hot!
3. I don't give a damn what you think!
4. You will be damned for doing that.
5. You're so rude! Damn you!
6. Person 1: *sneaking up behind Person 2* BOO!
Person 2: DAMN!!
7. You better damn well lock that door!
8. I was damn close to hitting that car!
9. Damn, that certainly is a colorful shirt.
10. That damn teacher gave us another pop quiz.

JAMES...JAMES!! Bring the Vapors quickly..I'm..I'm about to faint. With all the underhanded crap going on in this country, these people focus on that?

It really shouldn't surprise you but these are the same people clutching their pearls over the paper cup at Starbucks.

Do you wonder about people who find "damn" more offensive than " grab them by the *****?"

They sound like a bunch of old ladies who shower with clothes on, lest they see themselves naked...

You're calling yourself a Liberal? :lamo
Oh, you were making a funny.

So now you're back to the (I know you are but what am I) pout.

Who's a good boy :2dance:

Yep, cussing is only considered to be "folksy" when Joe Biden does it. ;)

Cussing, such as constant uses of the word bull****, are expected at trump rallies. Trashing dead folks is too, especially if they served our Nation.

Not a single republican politician has stated that their PoS is a role model for their children. How many more ‘mulligans’ will #45 get from phony evangelicals?

Oh, you were making a funny.

So now you're back to the (I know you are but what am I) pout.

Who's a good boy :2dance:

So you admit to being a snowflake? That's a good step.

People are still offended by "damn"?

Damn, what a shocker.

Find offense where you can.

Believe it or not, there are still some parents alive in the US that try to teach their children that profanity, even a word like 'damn', is not acceptable for their children to speak and children will repeat what they hear in a commercial, especially a Burger King commercial that usually runs in the daytime so kids see it. Seriously, how vital to Burger King was it to use the word 'damn' in their commercial? Couldn't they sell the same crap without using that word? I'm siding with the moms.

So you admit to being a snowflake? That's a good step.

If you're going to play children games you will have to find someone your own age to play with.

If you're going to play children games you will have to find someone your own age to play with.

Good. Now that's how we play the games with you. Glad you're learning.

Good. Now that's how we play the games with you. Glad you're learning.

Yeah, have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom