• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One less Bush in the world! Funny, the media now praising him!

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'll say it. As a prior member of the Arbor Day Foundation, I know it's good to plant MORE trees, but I'm even more sure that the world is better off with FEWER Bushes! Although Bush Sr did help out with ending the cold war, he also lit the fuse that started America's policy of middle eastern interventionism, which has mostly been a failure in almost every way.

In light of that, and in light of 30 years of anti-Bush propaganda in the news media, I found it odd that CNN seemed to be suddenly praising him as a "uniter" and a great all-around guy! Of course my confusion was short lived(literally less than 1 minute), as their real motivation quickly became clear. What they were doing was to contrast the 'kindness, selflessness and morality' of a previous repuboican, with the selfish, uncaring nature of the current republican president! Lol. They offered up exactly the same line of propaganda when McCain died, despite the fact that they disrispected, ridiculed and even fabricated personal scandals against those republicans when they were actually running for president! It's funny how the media will suddenly speak well of republicans when they are dead, and/or aren't running for office against their favorite Democratic party candidate! Oy vey....

I'll say it. As a prior member of the Arbor Day Foundation, I know it's good to plant MORE trees, but I'm even more sure that the world is better off with FEWER Bushes! Although Bush Sr did help out with ending the cold war, he also lit the fuse that started America's policy of middle eastern interventionism, which has mostly been a failure in almost every way.

In light of that, and in light of 30 years of anti-Bush propaganda in the news media, I found it odd that CNN seemed to be suddenly praising him as a "uniter" and a great all-around guy! Of course my confusion was short lived(literally less than 1 minute), as their real motivation quickly became clear. What they were doing was to contrast the 'kindness, selflessness and morality' of a previous repuboican, with the selfish, uncaring nature of the current republican president! Lol. They offered up exactly the same line of propaganda when McCain died, despite the fact that they disrispected, ridiculed and even fabricated personal scandals against those republicans when they were actually running for president! It's funny how the media will suddenly speak well of republicans when they are dead, and/or aren't running for office against their favorite Democratic party candidate! Oy vey....

Remember when Republican Presidents didn't get us into neverending wars? And correctly understood that taxes need to go up? And saw intelligence as something to be aspired to and not mocked?

I miss those days. RIP to the one decent President Bush we had.

I don't care for the republicans at all. However HW Bush was a war hero and should be respected for his service. And his refusal to endorse trump was a decent thing to do too.

Sadly he forgot to ask his family NOT to invite trump to his state funeral. Probably dementia. So the state funeral is probably going to be a circus. trump will demand to have the entire front row reserved for himself, his third wife, his wanna be wife Ivanka, her husband, the sons, their wives, their mistresses etc etc etc..

Won't be surprised if trump demands to speak at the funeral. And his entire speech will be about how great HE is.

Remember when Republican Presidents didn't get us into neverending wars? And correctly understood that taxes need to go up? And saw intelligence as something to be aspired to and not mocked?

Taxes need to go up? That's silly. We need to keep them at a flat rate, period.

The other Bush is looking better, daily........

Exactly. I was thinking this as well. In fact, over the last several years, Bush Sr has been accused of grabbing a feel of several different women. Now, all of a sudden, he is a great guy and a uniter, and a beloved person of the people, even though he was voted out after just one term in office. He was a hero to the media because he was anti-Trump and voted for Hillary. Therefore, he must be idolized, just like McCain was.

-snip- Won't be surprised if trump demands to speak at the funeral. And his entire speech will be about how great HE is.

Not likely, me, me, me was Obamas forte.

I'm trying to find the harm in recognizing a man that gave his entire life to service of this country in whatever way was available to him. You aren't a fan of some of what he did? I guess that makes him a President. No man or woman could lead the most powerful nation in the world without doing some things that will anger people.

What is the problem with letting go of old beefs with the man and respecting what he did right? Is it just easier because he isn't around to defend himself? Does it just make you feel better about yourself to get the last word?

When Carter or Clinton passes and we honor the men who did the best they could manage for their country. Will you feel the need to shout out every thing they did wrong too?

- snip -Sadly he forgot to ask his family NOT to invite trump to his state funeral. Probably dementia. So the state funeral is probably going to be a circus. trump will demand to have the entire front row reserved for himself, his third wife, his wanna be wife Ivanka, her husband, the sons, their wives, their mistresses etc etc etc..

White House

Despite bitter family rivalry, Bush wanted Trump at his funeral

Family confidants say the former president wished to put all enmity aside when it came to Trump attending his funeral.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/01/bush-family-trump-funeral-1037144

I agree that there probably shouldn't have been a sequel to Operation Desert Storm. I also think the Afghanistan war is a debacle at this point. But I'll also point out that Bush could NOT have started either war without support from many democrats! Hillary supported BOTH wars since 9/11!

Bush raised taxes after promising not to, which the progressives in the mainstream media HAMMERED him for very, very often. Its funny, because I've never heard a mainstream media journalist complain about tax increases ANY other time! In fact, they are almost universally in favor of ANY tax incresses, except for just that particular one! Must just be a coincidence! Lol

To your 2nd point, there are no republicans who think that taxes are supposed to just keep going up, and up and up! There aren't many who want to attach additional taxes onto anything they can think of either. Its democrats who support those ideas. Apparently you share their opinion on that. Just out of curiosity, how much taxes are too much? Or should they just keep being piled on, until govt is taking MOST of the paychecks of the average American?

Whiny assed liberals had 8 years to end this never ending war that you speak of.

I don't care for the republicans at all. However HW Bush was a war hero and should be respected for his service. And his refusal to endorse trump was a decent thing to do too.

Sadly he forgot to ask his family NOT to invite trump to his state funeral. Probably dementia. So the state funeral is probably going to be a circus. trump will demand to have the entire front row reserved for himself, his third wife, his wanna be wife Ivanka, her husband, the sons, their wives, their mistresses etc etc etc..

Won't be surprised if trump demands to speak at the funeral. And his entire speech will be about how great HE is.
When you compare HW to Trump,it is a none event,One Totally Moral,the latter Morally Bankrupt,not only that HW had a vastly higher IQ,contary to what 1 SELF OPINIONATED MORON SAYS

RIP HW BUSH,a truly GREAT AMERICAN,Australians think very highly of the Man and his Legacy...steven

Bush’s behavior is such a contrast to Trump people are remembering what an honorable president is.

He was the last of the kindly honorable Republicans.

Whiny assed liberals had 8 years to end this never ending war that you speak of.

Why do conservatives use such juvenile language to try to make their points nowadays? :roll:

I agree that there probably shouldn't have been a sequel to Operation Desert Storm. I also think the Afghanistan war is a debacle at this point. But I'll also point out that Bush could NOT have started either war without support from many democrats! Hillary supported BOTH wars since 9/11!

Bush raised taxes after promising not to, which the progressives in the mainstream media HAMMERED him for very, very often. Its funny, because I've never heard a mainstream media journalist complain about tax increases ANY other time! In fact, they are almost universally in favor of ANY tax incresses, except for just that particular one! Must just be a coincidence! Lol

He was hammered not for making the common-sense decision to raise taxes but for breaking his infamous "Read my lips: No new taxes!" promise. Everyone with an ounce of sense knows that you shouldn't make promises you can't keep.

To your 2nd point, there are no republicans who think that taxes are supposed to just keep going up, and up and up! There aren't many who want to attach additional taxes onto anything they can think of either. Its democrats who support those ideas.
Stopped reading right there. I will not entertain right-wing lies. :thumbs:

Why do conservatives use such juvenile language to try to make their points nowadays? :roll:

They have no facts, logic, reasoning or intelligence for their beliefs. And that's how Fox news teaches them to think and feel. Just deflections and personal attacks, no substance. They have just basically become trolls. Quite embarrassing how stupid they come off

Seriously, is the reasoning not obvious? When the current president is a rude, moronic mob boss wannabe, all past presidents seem like geniuses and saints in comparison.

Seriously, is the reasoning not obvious? When the current president is a rude, moronic mob boss wannabe, all past presidents seem like geniuses and saints in comparison.

Shows how horrible our situation is. Even Republicans didn't want HW Bush for a second term.

You do realize that the same thing is said about every past republican presidental candidate by the media. They are horrible monsters while they are still competimg for power and then they pretend thry are so mich better than the current ctop of republicans when they are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You do realize that the same thing is said about every past republican presidental candidate by the media. They are horrible monsters while they are still competimg for power and then they pretend thry are so mich better than the current ctop of republicans when they are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You might feel this way, but this time it isn't a bit of hyperbole.Trump is an utter buffoon, surrounded by other buffoons.

Shows how horrible our situation is. Even Republicans didn't want HW Bush for a second term.

Well, recent history has shown that two concurrent terms for any party is about it. Bush getting a 3rd was unusual so he was already on borrowed time.

Back
Top Bottom