• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One hundred forty-four thousand sealed

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
@ One hundred forty-four thousand sealed

Does anyone here think that only One hundred forty-four thousand will get saved?

What kind of narrow-minded God would that be that restricts saving men to such a small number?

Many scholars believe the 144,000 was filled after WWII. Everyone born since are SOL.

i didn't know that heaven had a fire code. that's probably because nobody really knows anything about heaven or even if. we know what ancient people thought it was.

Many will be saved...the Bible calls them a great crowd...144,000 will rule as kings and priesst with Jesus Christ in heaven, over the earth, for 1,000 years...after that, Jesus will hand over the kingdom back to God...

Last edited:
i didn't know that heaven had a fire code. that's probably because nobody really knows anything about heaven or even if. we know what ancient people thought it was.

“Fire code” is in the other place.......

“Asses and elbows” is a “police call!”

in my area, it means extremely crowded. i did a quick lookup, and it has several meanings. interesting.

in my area, it means extremely crowded. i did a quick lookup, and it has several meanings. interesting.

It’s a military euphemism ........

The book of revelations is....questionable, at best.
Does anyone here think that only One hundred forty-four thousand will get saved?
I think a small number in total will be "saved", whether that's actually 144,000 is different and probably not likely. Why a small number of people? Because only a few people would actually focus on God and improve themselves.....but that's just my personal though.
What kind of narrow-minded God would that be that restricts saving men to such a small number?
What kind of low generation would be so empty and spiritually lacking that ONLY 144,000 would be saved?

God gives us rules. If we ALL follow them, we get rewarded. If none of us do, the none of us get rewarded. I'm no fan of revelations, and I do not believe it is divinely inspired book. However, that's not what we're debating. We're debating why there would be such a small number who would be "saved", and there many, multiple, reasonable reasons as to why that would be, mainly due to just the status of the generation of the time.

likewise, if all of us do what we're supposed to do(and good luck convincing the world do that....i daresay you can't convince a single person on DP to do that.....) then all of us will go to heaven, and the number will be much more than 144,000. I always took it as simply a comment on the kind of low-level generation that will be at the end of times.

"144,000" was pre education speak for "a whole lot".

Basically a gross of thousands, both of which were familiar numbers.

What do Jehova's Witnesses say to that?

The number is in the bible. They call the 144k the Annointed. They go to heaven. Everybody else gets resurrected in immortal perfection in a global Eden after the final battle.

Meh... just shuffle over to the Mormons, they believe in some sort of passcode or some **** like that.

Wear the magical underwear, learn the code, and you are in!

no,lots of people get it wrong

it was talking about tribes of ISreal if i remember

12x12-signifiant numbers

one that was into exclusivity?

what did i win?

what kind of god needs to hurt any one to begin with?

It would be more accurate to ask what kind of narrow minded people actually believe this crap?

Back
Top Bottom