• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One-hundred eighty thousand Americans dead from Trump's virus before end of August.

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Timeline: How Trump And WHO Reacted At Key Moments During The Coronavirus Crisis : Goats and Soda : NPR

Jan. 22

Asked by CNBC whether there were any concerns about the virus spreading to the U.S., Trump responded: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

Jan. 30

At a campaign rally in Iowa, Trump talked about the U.S. partnership with China to control the disease. "We only have five people. Hopefully, everything's going to be great. They have somewhat of a problem, but hopefully, it's all going to be great. But we're working with China, just so you know, and other countries very, very closely. So it doesn't get out of hand."

Feb. 2

In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump said, "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China." His executive order banning anyone who has been in China in the previous 14 days — with exceptions, including for U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and their close family members — went into effect.
Tedros announced that the outbreak had become a "public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of novel coronavirus."

Feb. 10

At a campaign rally in Manchester, N.H., Trump said: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away. I hope that's true. But we're doing great in our country. China, I spoke with President Xi, and they're working very, very hard. And I think it's going to all work out fine."

Feb. 13

In an interview with Geraldo Rivera, Trump characterized the threat of the virus in the U.S. by saying: "In our country, we only have, basically, 12 cases, and most of those people are recovering and some cases fully recovered. So it's actually less."

Feb. 24

In a tweet, Trump wrote, "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"\

March 5

In a Fox News town hall, Trump said, "It's going to all work out. Everybody has to be calm. It's all going to work out."

March 10

In a meeting with Republican senators at the U.S. Capitol, Trump said, "This was unexpected. ... And it hit the world. And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 17

Trump told reporters: "This is a pandemic. ... I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
======================================================================
Enough of Trump's ignorance, and lies. His name belongs on this virus, not China's.

One-hundred eighty thousand Americans dead from this cause before the end of August. Three-hundred thousand by year's end?

Fauci's opinion changed as knowledge of the virus grew-that's how science works. Nobody, not even experts in the field of virology, knew how the virus worked at the beginning. Trump, however, continued to downplay, minimise and dismiss the disease for purely political reasons, in total contradiction to what he was being told. The vain idiot won't even wear a mask because it "isn't a good look".

Most, I would think, who have followed the utterances of President of the United States of America Donald Trump are by now aware that what he says is intended to make himself look good*. If facts stand in the way they are replaced by false data. [Ed.: There's no dearth of quotes available to document this assertion.]

That, in itself, is a personal failing that can be put aside.

What cannot be put aside is the possibility that he will take actions or fail to do so with the same intent -- to make President Donald Trump look good.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

* This can take the form of vilifying others to provide a contrast with himself. Examples abound.

Last edited:
Timeline: How Trump And WHO Reacted At Key Moments During The Coronavirus Crisis : Goats and Soda : NPR

Jan. 22

Asked by CNBC whether there were any concerns about the virus spreading to the U.S., Trump responded: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine."

Jan. 30

At a campaign rally in Iowa, Trump talked about the U.S. partnership with China to control the disease. "We only have five people. Hopefully, everything's going to be great. They have somewhat of a problem, but hopefully, it's all going to be great. But we're working with China, just so you know, and other countries very, very closely. So it doesn't get out of hand."

Feb. 2

In an interview with Sean Hannity, Trump said, "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China." His executive order banning anyone who has been in China in the previous 14 days — with exceptions, including for U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and their close family members — went into effect.
Tedros announced that the outbreak had become a "public health emergency of international concern over the global outbreak of novel coronavirus."

Feb. 10

At a campaign rally in Manchester, N.H., Trump said: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away. I hope that's true. But we're doing great in our country. China, I spoke with President Xi, and they're working very, very hard. And I think it's going to all work out fine."

Feb. 13

In an interview with Geraldo Rivera, Trump characterized the threat of the virus in the U.S. by saying: "In our country, we only have, basically, 12 cases, and most of those people are recovering and some cases fully recovered. So it's actually less."

Feb. 24

In a tweet, Trump wrote, "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"\

March 5

In a Fox News town hall, Trump said, "It's going to all work out. Everybody has to be calm. It's all going to work out."

March 10

In a meeting with Republican senators at the U.S. Capitol, Trump said, "This was unexpected. ... And it hit the world. And we're prepared, and we're doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 17

Trump told reporters: "This is a pandemic. ... I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
Enough of Trump's ignorance, and lies. His name belongs on this virus, not China's.

One-hundred eighty thousand Americans dead from this cause before the end of August. Three-hundred thousand by year's end?

He started by calling it a hoax, and from there lost interest. If he had just stayed at “disengaged,” we might have less death. Instead he’s embarked on behavior that advocates for the literal spread of the contagion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fauci's opinion changed as knowledge of the virus grew-that's how science works. Nobody, not even experts in the field of virology, knew how the virus worked at the beginning. Trump, however, continued to downplay, minimise and dismiss the disease for purely political reasons, in total contradiction to what he was being told. The vain idiot won't even wear a mask because it "isn't a good look".

In fact, actually mocking what public health experts and epidemiologists have asked us to do by openly ignoring the recommendations . Leading by example is a thing.

He started by calling it a hoax, and from there lost interest. If he had just stayed at “disengaged,” we might have less death. Instead he’s embarked on behavior that advocates for the literal spread of the contagion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mean seriously, holding a huge indoor rally , having seats with "no occupy" type signs for the sake of social distancing, no mask requirement, intention of packing people up close (SRO) in an area that already was in an upswing of cases? What kind of psychopathic leader would do this? RIP Herman Cain.

0253af562bd2973c0a05bb1961a78cd4ba4353ef.jpg

:elephantf:usflag2:

he did wear a mask and the CDC didnt want people to wear it in march

and trumps opinion changed with science too, you know he has to be optimistic

And Donald Trump still has no national plan.

Deplorable.

Jan. 22

Jan. 30

Feb. 2

Feb. 10

Feb. 13

Feb. 24

March 5

March 10

March 17

(((Yawn))) That's old history. In other news, Stock Market reaches all time highs. Cases are down nationally of the Chinese Bat Flu

Fauci's opinion changed as knowledge of the virus grew-that's how science works. Nobody, not even experts in the field of virology, knew how the virus worked at the beginning. .

Then why blame President Trump for not acting on unreliable information?

Because he continues to do so, citing lunatics verging on witch doctors and promoting untested drugs.

Perhaps. But what he is doing now had no effect on those 180,000 or so who have died thus far from the virus.

Still China Virus.

And trump / republicans want us all to just accept it. ;)

Trump even thanked china, on our behalf.

f03fdd118e6365ba654ab976a6e8028ae21e2137.png

And trump / republicans want us all to just accept it. ;)

Trump even thanked china, on our behalf.

f03fdd118e6365ba654ab976a6e8028ae21e2137.png

Might you consider the possibility that this January 24 statement was just boilerplate diplomacy, issued in reaction to China gibing other countries belated and incomplete info on the virus? That maybe Trump made this statement before he knew that the Chinese government allowed its citizens to travel and to spread the disease not just to us, but to most of the world?

BTW, I notice that when Dems task Trump with acting too slowly, they pretty much focus on January. Guess that means that the wild rumor circulated a while back— that Trump knew about the virus in December— suffered from so little substance that even Stacy Abrams wouldn’t touch it.

Back
Top Bottom