• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One dead, two in custody after gunfire at downtown Denver rallies

Pretty much. That guy, if I remember correctly, got convicted of murder and the same will likely happen to this guy.
Did he get convicted? I thought so too. I know it didn't break his way at all last I'd heard.

You've been watching too many Hollywood movies Chom.

First off, the shooter's left hand would still be up over the slide had he just cleared a jam or misfeed. He could not have moved his left hand back down that quickly to firing position.

Secondly. We can tell the weapon was just fired as the slide is all the way back (blowback) --and from the position of the barrel you can see the 'muzzle rise' as a result of the recoil.

The way the shell casing in the air appears is not conclusive, but a non expended round would not cause what we are seeing as noted in my two points above. In another photo you can see the single empty shell casing on the ground.

Can't tell from the photo where the round impacted. At first I thought the victims right sunglasses lens looked shattereed, but in an earlier photo it looked the same--- so probably just a reflection from that angle. But at whatever the camera shutter speed was set to, is the moment of impact judging from the muzzle rise, the ejected shell's position, and the slide blowback. Not seeing a wound opening yet is again, your expectation from watching too many movies. But a millisecond after this photo frame is likely into another film frame would have probably shown the blood that came out of the man's head (which we see on the ground in a subsequent photo with the victim on the ground). Generally someone who is shot from the front when they are flatfooted and stationary will fall forward after being shot. Bullet goes through the brain, knees buckle, and they fall forward---- usually. In this case the victim was already moving backward when the gun came out and was pointed at him. This one then ends on his back with arms out above him and to the side like he was planning to make snow angels. Had the victim been not out looking for confrontations he might still be alive today.
Excellent analysis, I think. Thanks for your reply. It's starting to seem the photo is a unicorn of sorts, as to the exact moment in time it caught.

Apparently the victim's family was present at the shoot, and witnessed the moment. Now, they have this photo to further bolster their memories. What a tough deal!

The neighborhood I grew-up in wasn't a slum, but it was tough enough. I like to call it, 'rough & tumble', or perhaps, 'rough & raw' - which are probably both fair descriptions. From the very earliest moments of our lives as kids, we learned to run. The default mode for trouble, was to run (away). While there obviously are times we need to make 'stands' in our lives, I'm amazed as an adult at how many of my fellow adults forgot - or never learned - that first lesson we learned as kids growing-up in the city.

He can argue self defense. Heck, he SHOULD argue self defense. It's just that he isn't going to win the argument.

Even if he can convince a jury that the initial smack in the face was assault there's that next picture where he backed away and his victim had also backed off. The difference is that in that picture the shooter was reaching for his gun. That makes the mace in the face self defense and the pistol round to the face murder. It isn't even manslaughter. It's full blown murder.
I respect your opinion here, and won't further argue against it. It very well may shake-out the way you describe.

There's too many unknowns, for me to make a hard opinion based upon the data we have available at this time. Things like this incident, is why you're not likely to see me at these type of events! We, as a society, need to back it down a notch. We need to start remembering we're fellow Americans, not each others' freaking enemy!

not knowing who initiated the fracas
if it was the nazi, then the shooter will walk
if it was the shooter, then he needs a great attorney
That might be a fair & succinct analysis! (y)

I'm sure you're sounding like a loon here when you say things like the mace canister may have contained a deadly substance. I've been to a few events like the one that transpired in Colorado; mace or pepper spray are routinely carried by both left & right protestors, and we spray each other all the time.
Dolloff was a ***** who shot a man to death over an open handed slap, because he wasn't up to actually being a damn security guard. Everyone who has worked in law enforcement knows you can't kill someone for slapping you. Dolloff should have counter punched the other man, or charged him and tackled him. Instead he drew his firearm, when caused the Patriot man to release his mace spray, and then Dolloff pulled the trigger a split second later.
If someone maces you, it's assault pure and simple. You get maced you could be incapacitated which could lead to further injury or even death.
Funny how your opinion on gun use changes based on the roles of the players......

I've never believed that the left practices what they preach, so no, I'm not surprised that the people who've championed gun control and abolishing the 2A own guns themselves.
See, that is your problem You think gun control means banning all guns That is not what the left believes

If someone maces you, it's assault pure and simple. You get maced you could be incapacitated which could lead to further injury or even death.
Funny how your opinion on gun use changes based on the roles of the players......

I'm saving this thread!...lol

It has been argued successfully many times before, how many times does one need to be hit in the head to be justified in your expert opinion? :unsure:

Mace is a force multiplier- it gives the advantage to the user over the target. Incapacitate, dominate, eliminate. The trained, certified, bonded Pinkerton Security Guard had no way of knowing what the rather large assailant would do after blinding the guard with a very large quantity of mace. Would you, as the security guard, wait to see if the mace user would be content with just spraying a large amount of mace? Look up 'agent of the owner powers', they give security guards more leeway than a LEO. I'm guessing the dead hefty guy got his 'knowledge' of Pinkerton Security Guards from 'Paul Blart, Mall Cop'... :rolleyes:

Those on the rabid right like to chuckle about not fighting, resisting, disobeying a cop when the citizen is shot dead... why no chuckles now??? ✌
When you use the police side note, you must realize that the police have been given authority to uphold laws. The anti-Trumper, for example, hasn't been given authority to uphold any laws.
Are you also arguing that mace is as dangerous as a gun?:ROFLMAO:

An open handed slap, and maced from several very away----both are non-lethal force. This gunman needs to be prosecuted.

1602395675026.jpg
Who knows! Maybe he backed up to toss acid on him! It could have been anything!

No, no mace was involved. Just an assualt and then a retreat.

Okay.

When you use the police side note, you must realize that the police have been given authority to uphold laws. The anti-Trumper, for example, hasn't been given authority to uphold any laws.
Are you also arguing that mace is as dangerous as a gun?:ROFLMAO:
What kind of idiot would bring mace to a gnu fight?

What kind of idiot would bring mace to a gnu fight?
I don't think most people expect to get in a gun fight at a peaceful protest. That would be like asking why Anthony Huber brought a skateboard to a gun fight.

I guess the idiot didn't expect the fascist to want to use the gun.
The one on the side of fascism was the idiot with the mace.

I don't think most people expect to get in a gun fight at a peaceful protest. That would be like asking why Anthony Huber brought a skateboard to a gun fight.
At this point in time, any of these dueling protests are powder kegs.

At this point in time, any of these dueling protests are powder kegs.
Maybe. The arguement could be made then that bringing a gun was premeditation.

He was a hired security guard. maybe it was part of the job?
The wanna be cop 17 year old I could see that argument working against him. He had no reason to be there in the first place especially armed.

Last edited:
It wasn't for Kyle Rittenhouse and it wasn't in this case. He had every right to have it, it doesn't prove intent. His judgement on when to use it was just very poor.

Back
Top Bottom