• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One dead, two in custody after gunfire at downtown Denver rallies

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

One person has died and two people are in custody after a shooting during dueling protests Saturday in downtown Denver, according to police and media reports.

A man participating in what was billed as a “Patriot Rally” sprayed mace at another man and that man shot him with a handgun. Ambulances responded to the scene. Police said Saturday afternoon they were working on a homicide investigation.

If only these Trump supporters would shut up and go away! That way the commies wouldn't need to keep shooting them. I guess it's tough being a peaceful protester these days.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

If only these Trump supporters would shut up and go away! That way the commies wouldn't need to keep shooting them. I guess it's tough being a peaceful protester these days.

Clearly the “commie” was in fear of his life and just protecting himself. After all, he doesn’t know where the Trump cultist has been or whether he was planning on pulling a Rittenhouse. Better safe than sorry after all :rolleyes: :sneaky:

What good is your First Amendment right to free speech if people are going to pepper spray you or shoot you?

you guys wanna see the conversation completely flip? watch this...

these women were gunned down by their boyfriends/exes in the last two weeks.

photo

photo

So the perps were an employee and a contractor employed by a local TV station. Stand by for everything to get shushed up.

you guys wanna see the conversation completely flip? watch this...
these women were gunned down by their boyfriends/exes in the last two weeks.

How does that "flip" anything or have anything to do with the topic?

This appears to be video of the actual shooting. You will see a verbal confrontation then hear a shot and just at the edge of the screen you'll see a guy fall. There is no blood to see and you don't see the person that did she shooting but you should have an idea of what was going on when this went down.

THERE IS FOUL LANGUAGE IN THE VIDEO AND RACIAL EPITHETS ARE USED!

This appears to be video of the actual shooting. You will see a verbal confrontation then hear a shot and just at the edge of the screen you'll see a guy fall. There is no blood to see and you don't see the person that did she shooting but you should have an idea of what was going on when this went down.

This footage contains neither individual involved in the shooting.

Thinking there is no where near enough information after reading the link to make heads or tails of exactly what happened.
That said, I do not understand why anyone would be surprised, the fight in the streets is escalating and will naturally become more violent, this isn't even the first case. Believe it or not this is tame compared to where this can all go and very quickly. Let law enforcement and the justice system deal with it, but you better start thinking about what you will do if things do go badly Nation wide.

The shot doesn't appear to have come from anybody in the altercation.

This footage contains neither individual involved in the shooting.
Yes it does. The guy in the boonie hat and sleeveless shirt is the one that got shot. You can see him fall in the last second of the clip. The Denver post also has a still of the shooting from a different angle and that's the guy.

How about this. You worry about the 200,000 dead from the coronavirus, and I'll worry about the one who died here.

Nah, just kidding. We know your ilk doesn't care about those fallen Americans. And for the record, with this incident that is of many orders of magnitude less of a problem, I hope they find and arrest those responsible.

The shot doesn't appear to have come from anybody in the altercation.
You seem to be assuming that the altercation on the video is the only one that was happening.

Looking at the picture, it looks like it might be a case of self-defense. But what the hell was the guy with the mace thinking, attacking a guy with a gun drawn?
Are you seriously suggesting that if someone has a gun drawn on you and you mace them then THEY are the one acting in self defense?

So the guy with the mace went off camera, a split second later we hear what appears to be him spraying the mace, then just after we hear the gunshot. I wouldn't doubt if it went down as described in the caption of the first (original) pic.

You seem to be assuming that the altercation on the video is the only one that was happening.

I assumed that the video was relevant since you posted the link to it under the guise of its relevance. The shot does not appear to have come from anybody in the altercation.

Are you seriously suggesting that if someone has a gun drawn on you and you mace them then THEY are the one acting in self defense?
I suspect it would depend upon who committed the initial assault. Wouldn't it?

Clearly the “commie” was in fear of his life and just protecting himself. After all, he doesn’t know where the Trump cultist has been or whether he was planning on pulling a Rittenhouse. Better safe than sorry after all :rolleyes: :sneaky:
The left wing nutters suddenly love concealed carry all of a sudden.

Back
Top Bottom