• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once-prominent 'conversion therapist' will now 'pursue life as a gay man'

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...herapist-will-now-pursue-life-gay-man-n961766

David Matheson, a once prominent Mormon “conversion therapist” who claims to have helped some gay men remain in heterosexual marriages, is looking for a boyfriend.

Good luck with the dating scene, can't imagine what Gay man wouldn't want this catch? :mrgreen:

cant make this stuff up

In this case, I bet it really was the gay frogs that did it! They are contagious after all.

He's not that bad looking. I'd probably hit it if I were drunk enough and he was into bears.

He blames his church, which I am right there with him. He refuses to take any credit for the harm he did though, which is a big time no bueno.

“It’s a whole different world, and what really makes me happy about it is how congruent it feels to me now,” he explained. “It feels like I’m in the right place.”

I mean, maybe you shouldn't have been fighting your own instincts and urges the entire time, then you wouldn't be where you are today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...herapist-will-now-pursue-life-gay-man-n961766

David Matheson, a once prominent Mormon “conversion therapist” who claims to have helped some gay men remain in heterosexual marriages, is looking for a boyfriend.

Good luck with the dating scene, can't imagine what Gay man wouldn't want this catch? :mrgreen:

cant make this stuff up

I think one of the reasons people persue this as ministry work is because they want to believe their own rhetoric I think many do for a long time.

I can empathize with that feeling there were times I would have done anything to not be gay.

That being said giving people false hope and telling them there is something wrong with them because you are struggling is not a good way to cope.

Back
Top Bottom