• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once nicknamed ‘Murderapolis,’ the city that became the center of the ‘Defund the Police’ movement is grappling with heightened violent crime - CNN

They are free to elect who they think will address their concerns. Maybe Republicans should do a better job at reaching out to these inner-city civilians.
I wonder why they feel more confident in Democrats?

It's not the Democrat's fault that Republicans only identify with White American Men. It's Republicans. Why don't they work on that, then they can lead those cities into a wonderful paradise of absolutely no crime, no poor areas, no drugs, but all the gun ownership you could ever imagine. LMAO.
Wow. Nailed it.

Though I guess if you get a response, it's going to be: Democrats are elected by inner city minorities because they promise a lot of free stuff and republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility.

Or something along those lines. They don't appreciate that pandering to old white men is not going to sell amongst most minorities.

While CNN tries to skew their reporting, they can't hide the fact that violent crime rates haven't reached the highs seen in the 90s, that crime is falling, and police payroll budgets have been slashed by over 40%, along with reduced over policing of black neighborhoods.

Literally defund the police is winning, even as racists try to fight it.
We did this the other day. They aren't even in the top 20.

We did this the other day. They aren't even in the top 20.
Right? Defund the police works. It's been better for MPLS, and will be better for everyone else. Now we have proof.

Minneapolis, MN: 96 homicides in a city of 430,000, for a murder rate of 22.3 homicides/100k.
New York, NY: 485 homicides in a city of 8.8 million, for a murder rate of 5.51 homicides/100k.

Why did you single out Minneapolis? Why not talk about how much safer New York is?
Because CNN brought it up? And they didn't defund the police.

You don't like Minnesota, or what?

While CNN tries to skew their reporting, they can't hide the fact that violent crime rates haven't reached the highs seen in the 90s, that crime is falling, and police payroll budgets have been slashed by over 40%, along with reduced over policing of black neighborhoods.

Another conspiracy found by the cult is it?

Right? Defund the police works. It's been better for MPLS, and will be better for everyone else. Now we have proof.

The logic exhibited in your post is non existent but we all know dedund does not work which is why it was done in so few communities and neither side supported it.

lolz.giflolz.giflolz.gif

It's hard to police anything when the people you are trying to help are afraid of you, and they have some legitimate reasons to be.

Right. Criminals usually do fear and loathe the Police.
Decent law abiding citizens dont fear the Police, and have no need to.

All my life I have listened to this debate.

In your country the "crime rate" is like unemployment stats. A weapon to be abused and misused to bash the public into doing what you want. All that time the only solution I have heard in the is "more police".

50-60 years of adding police has gotten you where, exactly?

Other countries have crime too. Some it so bad few can live there. But a lot are havens of tranquillity compared to say Miami, Los Angeles, and certainly Buffalo. In those countries studies have shown a better way than dispatching an army!
First you need to know that the fall in the crime rate in the 90's had nothing to do with Rudy Julianni and his 'get tough on crime". Every country in every continent had crime rates drop. Most scientists say the decline was the result of the ban on leaded gasoline!

WE don't need more cops. We need better cops. Backed up by non-criminal service teams. From what I have seen your cops don't even know "de-escalation techniques", let alone how and when to employ them. In large cities across the globe police are assisted by people trained to deal with Od's?mental illness. (It's not rocket science, even I've done it!)

No more death by cop. Before a guy Od'ing, acting out, cursing the clouds; somebody calls police, it escalates, the "suspect" becomes irate, dangerous and BANG! Blood in the street & sirens wailing! They had no other alternative.

Now we do, the price we no longer have to pay is the aftereffects of police who have to kill someone in the line of duty (For some it's a career ending experience, others go through therapy or alcoholism/drug addition). The price we don't pay is the cost of the inquiries such a killing produces. We don't have to have families crushed by what could have been avoided, and we all walk safer.

Right. Criminals usually do fear and loathe the Police.
Decent law abiding citizens dont fear the Police, and have no need to.
Oh really, I doubt Brianna Taylor's family feels the same as you do. Neither do countless others.

I'm a decent law-abiding citizen, whose brother was an officer, and I've feared them. You never know who you're going to get.
House cleaning is definitely needed. Officers represent all kinds of people, that badge doesn't change who you are.

Some criminals fear the police, and some do not. That depends on the person as well.

Generalizing never works.

In your country the "crime rate" is like unemployment stats. A weapon to be abused and misused to bash the public into doing what you want. All that time the only solution I have heard in the is "more police".

Other countries have crime too. Some it so bad few can live there. But a lot are havens of tranquillity compared to say Miami, Los Angeles, and certainly Buffalo. In those countries studies have shown a better way than dispatching an army!
First you need to know that the fall in the crime rate in the 90's had nothing to do with Rudy Julianni and his 'get tough on crime". Every country in every continent had crime rates drop. Most scientists say the decline was the result of the ban on leaded gasoline!

WE don't need more cops. We need better cops. Backed up by non-criminal service teams. From what I have seen your cops don't even know "de-escalation techniques", let alone how and when to employ them. In large cities across the globe police are assisted by people trained to deal with Od's?mental illness. (It's not rocket science, even I've done it!)

No more death by cop. Before a guy Od'ing, acting out, cursing the clouds; somebody calls police, it escalates, the "suspect" becomes irate, dangerous and BANG! Blood in the street & sirens wailing! They had no other alternative.

Now we do, the price we no longer have to pay is the aftereffects of police who have to kill someone in the line of duty (For some it's a career ending experience, others go through therapy or alcoholism/drug addition). The price we don't pay is the cost of the inquiries such a killing produces. We don't have to have families crushed by what could have been avoided, and we all walk safer.

Well....maybe you can afford to be all Unicorns and Rainbows, Canadas population density is such that you have more moose than people. LOL.

Come on down to any inner city area in the USA and look around. This is where you want to send your unarmed "non criminal service teams"? "NON CRIMINAL SERVICE TEAMS"? LOL! Those ARE the cops.

Sheezuss shaking my damn head.

• In 2020, per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden.
  • 8 of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020 voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century
The chart below shows the top 10 murder rate states in 2020.
View attachment 67415626
Here we go again with the same stupid leftist shit about 'rates'. In every one of those red states, there are rat run blue cities that skew the states rates. Get rid of the rat run blue cities and the crime rates vanish. As usual...the rat party and the idiots that support them **** up everything.

Oh really, I doubt Brianna Taylor's family feels the same as you do. Neither do countless others.

Gosh, her boyfriend fired a gun at cops and even hit one as they were serving a warrant.
That'll get ya shot. She happened to be collateral damage. And thats a shame, but certainly not typical.
The Police all faced trial and not one was convicted. That tells me that the jury after seeing all the evidence didnt agree with what you are saying.

Here we go again with the same stupid leftist shit about 'rates'. In every one of those red states, there are rat run blue cities that skew the states rates. Get rid of the rat run blue cities and the crime rates vanish. As usual...the rat party and the idiots that support them **** up everything.

At least you're not a partisan hack Vance.
Also: vulgarity. What did we discuss?

The chart below shows the top 10 murder rate states in 2020.
View attachment 67415626
But what about CITIES and what party is in charge of those?

When done that way, it takes away the "Red States bad!" argument and reveals the truth: BLUE CITIES are where the shit is going down.

Gosh, her boyfriend fired a gun at cops and even hit one as they were serving a warrant.
That'll get ya shot. She happened to be collateral damage. And thats a shame, but certainly not typical.
The Police all faced trial and not one was convicted. That tells me that the jury after seeing all the evidence didnt agree with what you are saying.

That tells me the jury was all white

They gotta find some way to manipulate the numbers to make their argument valid, so they go with that.
Its just so ****ing stupid. Leftists talk about Louisiana, while they avoid the fact that Baton Rouge, NOLA, etc are the cities that skew the murder rates in all of Lousiana and all of those cities have been run by rat city governments LITERALLY for 13+ decades.

That tells me the jury was all white
If thats what it tells you, then you are obviously biased. You are in all likelihood "anti-racist" (ie: racist against Whites), but I wont jump to conclusions.

Dude, that's exactly what mpls proved. Remove the cops, crime is fine, and minority neighborhoods get less policing and thus fewer racial arrests.

Literally no one should be complaining about this.

The logic exhibited in your post is non existent but we all know dedund does not work which is why it was done in so few communities and neither side supported it.
In what world does defund not work? Scared white communities? Everywhere else it works.

Literally, prominent members of certain political parties backed it. Don't post lies.

Another conspiracy found by the cult is it?
Defunding the police is not a cult, dude. It's a massive push for positive social change affecting the most vulnerable people in our society.

I get that you Trumpers like to kick down, but really? This is the hill you righties are gonna fight to call a "cult"?

Where's your link? I need to see the statistics that crime is falling.

Where's your link? I need to see the statistics that crime is falling.
My link is in the op. It clearly states the data, and aligns with my response to the post.

Back
Top Bottom