• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, my previous posts are shown to be correct about how COVID is REALLY spread.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is a public service post which confirms everything I have been trying to tell all of you here. You can read the article and of course will think that because it's Tucker,it is biased, You would be wrong. He has included the backup material and links, some of which I have given you in previous posts. Below are excerpts of his piece. It is too long to quote all of it but I recommend all of you read it and learn.

"A century ago, during the Spanish flu pandemic, authorities in many cities in this country passed mandatory mask ordinances, just like the ones we have now. Many Americans accepted them, but many others did not. In California, citizens rebelled. In January of 1919, 5,000 members of the newly formed Anti-Mask League of San Francisco gathered to call for the mayor's resignation if he didn't repeal his mask order. Five days later, the mayor complied. Science vindicated that decision in the end. A year later, a study found that compulsory mask use likely had no effect on curbing the Spanish flu.

A new study conducted by 11 medical institutions analyzed a group of people who tested positive for COVID during the month of July. Here's the interesting part: Among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had "always" worn a mask for the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had "often" worn a mask.

In other words, almost everyone who got the coronavirus in July was wearing a mask and they were infected anyway. So clearly, this doesn't work the way they tell us it works. Clearly, someone's been lying to us -- many people, actually.

How did this happen? Well, the short answer is we're not sure how so many people got the coronavirus while wearing masks, but there are clues -- clues that our leaders appear to be ignoring.

Here's one: According to a study published in April by researchers at several medical institutions, including the Cleveland Clinic, surgical masks are actually ineffective at stopping the inhalation of small airborne particles. Instead, the researchers found that surgical masks -- which almost everyone is using to protect themselves from the coronavirus and not murder other people -- are actually only useful for protecting users from "large droplets and sprays." That's not how the coronavirus spreads.

According to a letter signed by several researchers earlier this month in Science magazine, the biggest threat from the coronavirus by far is what is contained in small particles that can easily bypass facemasks in aerosol form. Droplets quickly fall to the ground, but aerosol lingers."

All of you can ignore this and probably will because it doesn't fit what the Goebbelsian news has told you. I don't deal in lies and half trues like they do and as people like Kamala Harris and Democrats do. This is all factual information and now backed u by SCIENCE. These are not my opinions. These are facts that I have tried to relay to all of you. COVID is NOT spread by large aerosol drops as you have been led to believe. That way of transmission,while possible, is the least likely. Think back on how many times you've been sneezed on. If that is what you are really worried about, you have mental problems. COVID is spread through the air in tiny droplets just like smoke fro cigarettes are. THIS is why people are dying.

But you leftists go right ahead and think you're saving yourself or some others because you're just too damned lazy to find out the real truth. Be one of the sheep.

A new study conducted by 11 medical institutions analyzed a group of people who tested positive for COVID during the month of July. Here's the interesting part: Among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had "always" worn a mask for the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had "often" worn a mask.

Tucker is a joke so, let's move forwards with the new study

Did you even browse the study Because if you did, your conclusion does not fit with the study. Masks by themselves cannot do anything when people still choose to go to crowded places like bars and restaurants. Masks are a part of a bigger set of behaviors

From your link

Adults with confirmed COVID-19 (case-patients) were approximately twice as likely as were control-participants to have reported dining at a restaurant in the 14 days before becoming ill. In addition to dining at a restaurant, case-patients were more likely to report going to a bar/coffee shop, but only when the analysis was restricted to participants without close contact with persons with known COVID-19 before illness onset. Reports of exposures in restaurants have been linked to air circulation (7). Direction, ventilation, and intensity of airflow might affect virus transmission, even if social distancing measures and mask use are implemented according to current guidance.

And people do not "always wear a mask."

Here's one: According to a study published in April by researchers at several medical institutions, including the Cleveland Clinic, surgical masks are actually ineffective at stopping the inhalation of small airborne particles. Instead, the researchers found that surgical masks -- which almost everyone is using to protect themselves from the coronavirus and not murder other people -- are actually only useful for protecting users from "large droplets and sprays." That's not how the coronavirus spreads.

According to a letter signed by several researchers earlier this month in Science magazine, the biggest threat from the coronavirus by far is what is contained in small particles that can easily bypass facemasks in aerosol form. Droplets quickly fall to the ground, but aerosol lingers."

If all this time you thought that regular surgical masks are about protecting a person from inhaling small airborne particles then, you show that you still do not understand what masks are supposed to do. They are about blocking the droplets that are exhaled by the person who wears the mask before they spread farther and generate smaller droplets

As for the second link, the fact that the biggest threat is from aerosol does not change the fact that larger droplets are a still a threat when people are close and do not wear a mask. If you are standing close to another person, a larger droplet will reach you before falling to the ground. Also masks, reduce aerosol travel distance

With no mask, the aerosol jet extended an average of 8 feet from the head. A handkerchief folded according to instructionsfrom the US Surgeon General reduced that distance to 1 foot 3 inches. A store-bought cone-style mask performed better, with the jet only extending 8 inches. The best result came from a mask stitched out of two layers of quilting cotton (second figure), which permitted only a 2.5-inch jet.

Last edited:
If this was the OP's actual understanding of mask use and CV19 spread, I find it odd that he predicted his ridiculous lowball # of total deaths. What was it, 10,000? 70,000? :rolleyes:

more

Particle sizes of infectious aerosols: implications for infection control

Published:July 24, 2020

Surgical masks might offer some respiratory protection from inhalation of infectious aerosols, but not as much as respirators. However, surgical masks worn by patients reduce exposures to infectious aerosols to health-care workers and other individuals.

Again, masks (at least the regular ones) are about protecting others from the person who wears a mask and not about protecting the person who wears the mask from the people around him

“Cloth face masks are useful in protecting against the novel coronavirus — but only if you wash them after every use,”

this is exactly what I do. The mere thought of using a worn mask reminds me of putting on unwashed underwear.

If conservatives spent less time proudly wearing a dunce cap and more time using proven mitigation methods, Trump might actually have a shot at winning the election. Being proudly lazy, intellectually bankrupt, and hostile to the safety of your neighbors isn't a winning strategy.

Looking forward to Biden winning Florida and the election therefore being over.

This is a public service post which confirms everything I have been trying to tell all of you here. You can read the article and of course will think that because it's Tucker,it is biased, You would be wrong. He has included the backup material and links, some of which I have given you in previous posts. Below are excerpts of his piece. It is too long to quote all of it but I recommend all of you read it and learn.

"A century ago, during the Spanish flu pandemic, authorities in many cities in this country passed mandatory mask ordinances, just like the ones we have now. Many Americans accepted them, but many others did not. In California, citizens rebelled. In January of 1919, 5,000 members of the newly formed Anti-Mask League of San Francisco gathered to call for the mayor's resignation if he didn't repeal his mask order. Five days later, the mayor complied. Science vindicated that decision in the end. A year later, a study found that compulsory mask use likely had no effect on curbing the Spanish flu.

In other words, almost everyone who got the coronavirus in July was wearing a mask and they were infected anyway. So clearly, this doesn't work the way they tell us it works. Clearly, someone's been lying to us -- many people, actually.

How did this happen? Well, the short answer is we're not sure how so many people got the coronavirus while wearing masks, but there are clues -- clues that our leaders appear to be ignoring.

All of you can ignore this and probably will because it doesn't fit what the Goebbelsian news has told you. I don't deal in lies and half trues like they do and as people like Kamala Harris and Democrats do. This is all factual information and now backed u by SCIENCE. These are not my opinions. These are facts that I have tried to relay to all of you. COVID is NOT spread by large aerosol drops as you have been led to believe. That way of transmission,while possible, is the least likely. Think back on how many times you've been sneezed on. If that is what you are really worried about, you have mental problems. COVID is spread through the air in tiny droplets just like smoke fro cigarettes are. THIS is why people are dying.

But you leftists go right ahead and think you're saving yourself or some others because you're just too damned lazy to find out the real truth. Be one of the sheep.

This has gotten so ridiculous listing to Libertarian type Trump supporters who think they know more than the experts. At this point, we all know who we are. The entire US is now starting a new spike/wave and Trump is pushing herd immunity.

I say let the idiots be idiots. It is those folks that will suffer the most from Covid, including deaths. How could less votes for Trump be a bad thing?

Any link to Tucker Carlson is going to be panned, unless you are mocking Tucker Carlson...

The truth is we don't know. I've read stories that have claimed that Covid is spread through farts (months ago, no clue where to cite it), Covid lingers around for HOURS, certain forms of testing are will always show a positive, 3 feet or 6 feet are extremely arbitrary lengths and started due to the airline industry...etc

Fact is that people use logic and assume they know what is best. It's "logical" to assume that a mask will keep one safe. It's logical to keep away from others. It's logical that transfers such as a sneeze or a cough would transmit etc... There will always be studies to show the contrary and the ones that try to question that logic are always met with harsh criticism.

It should be also logical that it's called a "practice".

If all this time you thought that regular surgical masks are about protecting a person from inhaling small airborne particles then, you show that you still do not understand what masks are supposed to do. They are about blocking the droplets that are exhaled by the person who wears the mask before they spread farther and generate smaller droplets

As for the second link, the fact that the biggest threat is from aerosol does not change the fact that larger droplets are a still a threat when people are close and do not wear a mask. If you are standing close to another person, a larger droplet will reach you before falling to the ground. Also masks, reduce aerosol travel distance

With no mask, the aerosol jet extended an average of 8 feet from the head. A handkerchief folded according to instructionsfrom the US Surgeon General reduced that distance to 1 foot 3 inches. A store-bought cone-style mask performed better, with the jet only extending 8 inches. The best result came from a mask stitched out of two layers of quilting cotton (second figure), which permitted only a 2.5-inch jet.
Trying to reason with the OP is like explaining algebraic equations to my cat who finds paying close attention to his arse far more interesting.

Trying to reason with the OP is like explaining algebraic equations to my cat who finds paying close attention to his arse far more interesting.
It appears an article proving with scientific reports that COVID is spread through tiny air droplets to people with masks is far too difficult for leftists to understand. I assume that even though the article quoted scientists and doctors, it not the kind of science you folks like. There is no refutation of the facts or science in the article.

This just proves that liberals do know that 2+2=4, they just don't like it. I guess one can be heartened that liberals know hat 2+2 equals.

It appears an article proving with scientific reports that COVID is spread through tiny air droplets to people with masks is far too difficult for leftists to understand. I assume that even though the article quoted scientists and doctors, it not the kind of science you folks like. There is no refutation of the facts or science in the article.

This just proves that liberals do know that 2+2=4, they just don't like it. I guess one can be heartened that liberals know hat 2+2 equals.
Oh we get it alright; it's your idiot 'leader' who doesn't-and look where it landed him, in hospital, gasping for breath. And now he's out and determined to keep spreading his disease. What a great, thoughtful and responsible example to follow!

Oh we get it alright; it's your idiot 'leader' who doesn't-and look where it landed him, in hospital, gasping for breath. And now he's out and determined to keep spreading his disease. What a great, thoughtful and responsible example to follow!
Your post has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with the OP. Matter of fact, there is zero evidence as to how Trump got COVID. For all we know he could have gotten it while wearing his mask from someone who had COVID and was wearing a mask.

Maybe you could try to read an OP some day and respond to it? Just a suggestion instead of going on your usual "Me hate Trump" rant.

BTW, how is your country doing?

Back
Top Bottom