• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, I heard obama lie today

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In his eulogy today in Dallas, he said it was easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than it was for them to buy a computer.

Not legally it isn't!

And if he meant illegally, no gun law passed would stop that, anymore than we can stop drug sales.

In his eulogy today in Dallas, he said it was easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than it was for them to buy a computer.

Not legally it isn't!

Obama constantly lies on gun issues. when you are a Bannerrhoid its what you do

and his stupid rants are irrelevant. The killer was trusted by our government with weapons, was 25 years Old (hardly a teenager) and had nothing in his background that would disqualify him from owning a gun

Obama constantly lies on gun issues. when you are a Bannerrhoid its what you do

and his stupid rants are irrelevant. The killer was trusted by our government with weapons, was 25 years Old (hardly a teenager) and had nothing in his background that would disqualify him from owning a gun

Exactly correct.

Exactly correct.

I wonder when the low wattage types are going to understand that the Texas massacre of cops had nothing to do with

1) a lack of a background check

2) an underage individual obtaining a firearm

3) someone who was not legally allowed to own a firearm being able to get one

4) that "registration" or a "waiting period" would not have done squat

I wonder when the low wattage types are going to understand that the Texas massacre of cops had nothing to do with

1) a lack of a background check

2) an underage individual obtaining a firearm

3) someone who was not legally allowed to own a firearm being able to get one

4) that "registration" or a "waiting period" would not have done squat

They either refuse to get it, fingers in ears..............or they are too stupid to get it.

The banneroids never say anything about all the bombs he had........probably because bombs are outlawed. :lamo:2rofll:

If guns were ever outlawed, these dopes would be speechless.... when a bad guy commits another one of these crimes.

Off to watch the telly now....as a diversion from liberal morons!

"If his mouth is moving, he's lying." I can't wait until that feckless wimp rides off into the sunset.

Oh, and I just read that he only mentioned himself 45 times in his speech today in Dallas. Whattaguy!

Last edited:
Off to watch the telly now....as a diversion from liberal morons!

Since this thread has been just you and 'Turtledude', you sure you meant to say 'liberal'?

"If his mouth is moving, he's lying." I can't wait until that feckless wimp rides off into the sunset.

Oh, and I just read that he only mentioned himself 45 times in his speech today in Dallas. Whattaguy!

Who's riding in behind him? Hint- If Obama is Don Quixote...

Yep...par for the course.

Since this thread has been just you and 'Turtledude', you sure you meant to say 'liberal'?

You bet I did ................................and I was referring to any and all the liberal posts on this forum....not just this thread.

Who's riding in behind him? Hint- If Obama is Don Quixote...

The Grim Reaper!

Not legally it isn't!

And if he meant illegally, no gun law passed would stop that, anymore than we can stop drug sales.

1) If he meant either legally or illegally, then he didn't lie.
2) Did he say in his speech that a gun control law would change the ability to buy guys illegally? If he didn't then you just made something up.
3) In other words, your OP is actually a lie.

Birds fly; fish swim; grass grows; Obama lies.

Damn straight!

2) Did he say in his speech that a gun control law would change the ability to buy guys illegally? If he didn't then you just made something up.

Either way...he lied.

I know a lot of gun dealers and none of them would sell a Glock or any handgun, to a teenager. A person has to be 21 to buy a handgun.

No nothing in his speech about buying guys...that would be illegal anyway.

My OP is spot on...obama is a liar. He's always a liar.

I wonder if many of the acolytes of Marxist liars like B. Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton are not just as dishonest as their idols. It seems reasonable that a collectivist who is a habitual liar himself would see nothing wrong with a collectivist politician who is a habitual liar.

Not legally it isn't!

That's true: a black market glock is much less than a computer: “How Much Is A Gun On The Black Market?” | Extrano's Alley, more than a gun blog
A third black market seems to be very small, and very expensive. According to this Gawker item, a 9mm Glock 26 that typically sells for USD $150 on the street or USD $400 at a dealers or a gun show goes for the equivalent of USD 778.50 in “Bitcoins.”

Damn straight!

Either way...he lied.

I know a lot of gun dealers and none of them would sell a Glock or any handgun, to a teenager. A person has to be 21 to buy a handgun.

The fact that you didn't like or agree with what he said doesn't make it a lie. It makes your OP a lie.

Damn straight!

Either way...he lied.

So you are saying a teen in the hood could not buy a Glock fairly easily? Really?

The fact that you didn't like or agree with what he said doesn't make it a lie. It makes your OP a lie.

The exact quote: "“It’s easier for a teenager to get his hands on a Glock than a computer…or even a book.”

Absolute BS :bs

easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than it was for them to buy a computer
If this is a reasonably accurate quote, then it's a lie. I can buy anything easier than a teen, except maybe drugs. I sure can buy a computer faster than a gun. Obama's statement was pure hyperbole, and cannot be defended. Lecturing everyone during a memorial was also inappropriate. He should have held a separate press conference to say those words.

Back
Top Bottom