• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, I heard obama lie today

If this is a reasonably accurate quote, then it's a lie. I can buy anything easier than a teen, except maybe drugs. I sure can buy a computer faster than a gun. Obama's statement was pure hyperbole, and cannot be defended. Lecturing everyone during a memorial was also inappropriate. He should have held a separate press conference to say those words.

Ironically by purchasing a computer and A 3D printer you can print a gun

Ironically by purchasing a computer and A 3D printer you can print a gun

An expensive printer, and training in Solid Works or other software.

An expensive printer, and training in Solid Works or other software.

You're right it would still be easier to buy a real gun off the black market or steal one.

None the less criminals aren't stupid it can be done

You're right it would still be easier to buy a real gun off the black market or steal one.

None the less criminals aren't stupid it can be done

So you bought the computer, and made my point. Computer is easier to buy.

Either way...he lied.

No, he didn't. That's why your OP was complete nonsense.

I know a lot of gun dealers and none of them would sell a Glock or any handgun, to a teenager. A person has to be 21 to buy a handgun.

Very poor debating. Legal or ILLEGAL. Gun dealers don't sell guns illegally.

No nothing in his speech about buying guys...that would be illegal anyway.

Yet another reason why your OP was pure nonsense.

My OP is spot on...obama is a liar. He's always a liar.

No, your OP was nonsense and was more of a lie than what Obama said... which wasn't and which you have done nothing to prove.

If this is a reasonably accurate quote, then it's a lie. I can buy anything easier than a teen, except maybe drugs. I sure can buy a computer faster than a gun. Obama's statement was pure hyperbole, and cannot be defended. Lecturing everyone during a memorial was also inappropriate. He should have held a separate press conference to say those words.

If it's a reasonably accurate quote, then it's nothing but hyperbole, something that all politicians do and why all politicians are scum. Doesn't make it OK, either. But if he meant illegally, it would be pretty easy for a teen to buy a Glock.

If it's a reasonably accurate quote, then it's nothing but hyperbole, something that all politicians do and why all politicians are scum. Doesn't make it OK, either. But if he meant illegally, it would be pretty easy for a teen to buy a Glock.

No easier than a computer. ;)

Not in my town or county.....too expensive to teens.

Obama constantly lies on gun issues. when you are a Bannerrhoid its what you do

and his stupid rants are irrelevant. The killer was trusted by our government with weapons, was 25 years Old (hardly a teenager) and had nothing in his background that would disqualify him from owning a gun

Yet he clearly had mental health issues and very possibly PTSD. Vets need to be more carefully monitored. We train them as remorseless killers and just let them lose on our civilians. It is a recipe for disasters like this. When 22 vets a day are killing themselves there are bound to be plenty that want to take others with them.
Home : National Alliance To End Veteran Suicide

Last edited:
Yet he clearly had mental health issues and very possibly PTSD. Vets need to be more carefully monitored. We train them as remorseless killers and just let them lose on our civilians. It is a recipe for disasters like this. When 22 vets a day are killing themselves there are bound to be plenty that want to take others with them.

It's not any more dangerous then bringing in Islamic refugees

Such people need mental health care not political positions.

Don't know about the other guys, but I was not trained to be a remorseless killer. Were you military? Care to explain how you came to such a stupid conclusion? Not saying you are stupid mind you, but that was was pretty obtuse.

Last edited:
Don't know about the other guys, but I was not trained to be a remorseless killer. Were you military? Care to explain how you came to such a stupid conclusion? Not saying you are stupid mind you, but that was was pretty obtuse.

I asked my nephew about that and he really was trained in hard core combat-AIT, Ranger school, three combat tours in the rangers, SF q school, then a combat tour in Afghanistan in the SF, then off to get a masters in some sort of specialized warfare training with the SEALS. He laughed at that suggestion and this guy has seen months upon months of brutal close quarters combat in Iraq clearing houses etc, and then running an A camp

So they told you to feel sorry for the enemy? Why would you want to feel remorse for killing those that would kill you? War is not like being home is it? It was not meant to insult and I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I just feel that there needs to be some help transitioning from such a different and stressful environment. The high suicide rate alone is quite distressing.

Way back in time it was discovered that many soldiers were killed in battle their rifle never having been fired not once. It was realised that man has a natural aversion to killing other even if they were the enemy.

It takes special psychological training to get soldiers who will get the job done. Most people would not even recognise what mechanisms are used. The fact remains we have a very deep rooted aversion to killing other humans. Returning soldiers have a mental conflict with that and what they have done. Some deal with it well others not.

Soldiers are trained to kill they have no other function in the front of combat.

I asked my nephew about that and he really was trained in hard core combat-AIT, Ranger school, three combat tours in the rangers, SF q school, then a combat tour in Afghanistan in the SF, then off to get a masters in some sort of specialized warfare training with the SEALS. He laughed at that suggestion and this guy has seen months upon months of brutal close quarters combat in Iraq clearing houses etc, and then running an A camp

A good soldier does not question. :) While war may be about land one has to kill to get it.

Back
Top Bottom