• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On this Fourth of July, as a Nation, we would do well...

Boomyal

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
....to heed the recognition, expressed in the last lines of the Declaration of Independance, of God's part in the creation and preservation of this Great Nation.

"— And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

For it is at our own peril that, as a Nation, we continue to ignore and cast aside that which our Fore Fathers knew well to be an indespensable alliance.

The gods help those who help themselves

Hmmm! Somehow I do not think that is exactly what they meant.

I feel quite divine myself, I bet you they are referring to me.

In all truth, the religion of the founding fathers is not something I honestly care about.

I would expect nothing else from liberals, independents, moderates and centrists. (in reality, all the same names for secular statists) You all are the cause of the malaise and strife that grips this nation; all you who arrogantly think you are wiser than the men who founded this nation and set it on it's course.

The founding fathers new well this admonition from the Bible;

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land," II Chronicles 7:14.

The somewhat recent widespread denial of this reality will continue this nation on it's downward spiral.

Last edited:
I would expect nothing else from liberals, independents, moderates and centrists. (in reality, all the same names for secular statists) You all are the cause of the malaise and strife that grips this nation; all you who arrogantly think you are wiser than the men who founded this nation and set it on it's course.
Well we DO have 200+ years of discovery and thought on the founding fathers. There's no need to deify them, they were men, just like you and I. Hell, Franklin was a member of the Hellfire Club and brought back not one but TWO barely teenage mistresses from France.

I vote we retroactively add "Pimp Daddy" before Franklin's last name and that he be colloquially referred to as "Pimp Daddy Franklin" :D

The founding fathers new well this admonition from the Bible;

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land," II Chronicles 7:14.
Or maybe they read the part that said

"James 1:27- Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

The somewhat recent widespread denial of this reality will continue this nation on it's downward spiral.
Y'know, I'd take this kind of winging more seriously if people hadnt been doing it since probably before recorded history. Every generation thinks the generation that follows it is worse than they are.

Hells yeah we are. You know damn our suppose to be secular government from being secular.

Amen. And let's throw this into the pot while we're at it:

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Final Stanza, The Star-Spangled Banner, National Anthem of the United States of America

Next time I go to a public high school football game I'm tempted to sing that part.

Last edited:
....to heed the recognition, expressed in the last lines of the Declaration of Independance, of God's part in the creation and preservation of this Great Nation.

"— And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."

For it is at our own peril that, as a Nation, we continue to ignore and cast aside that which our Fore Fathers knew well to be an indespensable alliance.

We would do even better to remember that regardless of the religious views of the founding fathers, this is a secular state, and THEY are the ones who created it that way.

didja ever wonder why the good m. Jefferson did not use the sort of clear, precise language he was otherwise given to and simply say "God"?

the answer is simple and is one you will likely have heard any number of times. Thomas Jefferson, along with most of the men who led this movement, did not accept the premise of a personal anthropomorphic God. That the silly phrase was in there at all was a concession to the quisling religionists who did not have the guts to accept the responsibility and the results of their own actions and needed the psycho-emotional fall-back position in case of failure: "It was not in God's plan".

on this Independence Day we should celebrate Independence - from political AND religious oppression and pledge to use our understanding of ourselves and our neighbors and a conscious determination to do the right thing, regardless of prating priests and preachers, the mullahs and other people who would usurp our individual, personal sovereignty and do our thinking for us.

geo.

I like to think the credit for building this country is on that whole "free will" thing.

Back
Top Bottom