• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On This Date 79 Years Ago......

Because I was establishing, once again, the fact that China is committing genocide in Xinjiang, and therefore that claims that the US is “encircling” China in order to “make war on it” are meaningless, especially when one ignores the numerous ongoing atrocities committed by Beijing.

Yawn. Short of parachuting Navy SEALs into Xinjiang to kill all of the the Chinese camp guards(which, of course, ain’t happening) there’s only so much the military can do. They follow the orders of the civilian government; therefore, the policies of the US government as a whole are what is important.
So the military is "posturing," as you like to accuse me of doing.

So the military is "posturing," as you like to accuse me of doing.

Uh.....no, the military is following the orders of the civilian government, which is the one making the policies. Which is what is supposed to happen. Not sure how you got “posturing” out of that.

Uh.....no, the military is following the orders of the civilian government, which is the one making the policies. Which is what is supposed to happen. Not sure how you got “posturing” out of that.
US military forces are assembled near China. You said they aren't taking any actions to stop the human rights abuses you claim you and US militarism are concerned about. If the military there isn't taking action, then they're posturing.

US military forces are assembled near China. You said they aren't taking any actions to stop the human rights abuses you claim you and US militarism are concerned about. If the military there isn't taking action, then they're posturing.

US military forces are stationed in the same military bases they’ve been stationed in for decades.

They “aren’t taking steps to stop the genocide” because A) Xinjiang is a long way away from those bases and B) doing so would require shooting it out with Chinese guards. Given your hysterics over “militarism” it’s rather amusing listening to you try to condemn the US military for not going outside of US civilian government policy.

But I get that you are in full blown grasping at straws mode. Hey, maybe if we ask the people committing genocide to stop very nicely, they’ll stop 😂 😂 😂

... Hey, maybe if we ask the people committing genocide to stop very nicely, they’ll stop 😂 😂 😂
This, oddly enough, is the most interesting part of your comment.

I don't want to straw man your position:

You say you're biggest concern is the human rights abuses committed by the CCP, correct?

This, oddly enough, is the most interesting part of your comment.

I don't want to straw man your position:

You say you're biggest concern is the human rights abuses committed by the CCP, correct?

I am simply pointing out the fact that the PRC is committing genocide as we speak, and that therefore trying to pretend that they are victims of some “American plot” or morally equivalent to the US is idiotic.

And no, by the way, they won’t stop committing genocide just because someone asks nicely.

I am simply pointing out the fact that the PRC is committing genocide as we speak, and that therefore trying to pretend that they are victims of some “American plot” or morally equivalent to the US is idiotic.

And no, by the way, they won’t stop committing genocide just because someone asks nicely.
Those three points you made have never been my points. Are you trying to assign those to me?

Those three points you made have never been my points. Are you trying to assign those to me?

You literally posted a “documentary” whose entire argument is that the PRC is the victim of an American “plot” to go to war.

You literally posted a “documentary” whose entire argument is that the PRC is the victim of an American “plot” to go to war.
Before I address this: Is that the only one of the three that you say are mine?

Before I address this: Is that the only one of the three that you say are mine?

You’ve also repeatedly made claims that the US stopping genocide is morally equivalent to the folks committing genocide

You’ve also repeatedly made claims that the US stopping genocide is morally equivalent to the folks committing genocide
That's your opinion.

That's your opinion.

Lol no, that’s literally what you stated when you started squawking about “two wrongs not making a right”. Stopping genocide and committing it are not morally equivalent.

Lol no, that’s literally what you stated when you started squawking about “two wrongs not making a right”. Stopping genocide and committing it are not morally equivalent.
I literally said something similar to what you put in quotation marks.

No, you didn't.

Yes, I directly quoted your attempt to equate the folks fighting to stop a genocide with the folks committing one by declaring that “two wrongs don’t make a right”.

[QUOTE="Tigerace117, post: 1073248686, member: 27238"
But Russia has embraced it all the same, and if you don’t think corruption is practically systematic in Russia today you are naive.
[/QUOTE]
Biden's son Hunter was ignominiously expelled from the US Navy for chronic alcoholism and malicious use of cocaine. For this, his father arranged for him to work on the board of directors of a ukrainian company. For sit he was paid $600 thousand a year. Also on the board of directors of Burisma company was the place for John Kerry's adopted son.
And yes, of course, there is no corruption in the West.

[QUOTE="Tigerace117, post: 1073248686, member: 27238"
But Russia has embraced it all the same, and if you don’t think corruption is practically systematic in Russia today you are naive.
Biden's son Hunter was ignominiously expelled from the US Navy for chronic alcoholism and malicious use of cocaine. For this, his father arranged for him to work on the board of directors of a ukrainian company. For sit he was paid $600 thousand a year. Also on the board of directors of Burisma company was the place for John Kerry's adopted son.
And yes, of course, there is no corruption in the West.
[/QUOTE]

The reason Putin is seeking immunity from prosecution for life is because the Russian regime is made up of criminals.

The criminals picked Putin to lead the country because Putin wouldn't rat on his former boss, the mayor of St Petersburg. The mayor was selling food meant for poor people on the black market.

On January 8, 1943, the Devitsky eaglets were shot.

In July 1942, russian city Voronezh and its western suburbs were occupied by the nazis.
Eight boys of 12-13 years from the village of Orlov Log decided to fight the enemy to the best of their abilities.
Vanya and Misha Zaytsev, Alyosha Jaglin, Mitrosha Zhirnokleev, Nick Trepalin, Alyosha and Ivan Kulakov, Anatol Zastrozhnov carried out acts of sabotage in the neighboring village Devitsa. Here the invaders had a commandant's office, a post office and a prison camp.
The guys punctured the wheels of german cars, cut telephone wires, stole weapons from the nazis, released cattle taken from the inhabitants, fed the prisoners in the camp.
Once, taking advantage of the inattention of the guards, the boys unharnessed and dispersed the horses that were carrying a large train of shells to the front line. All day long, the germans caught horses, and the ammunition arrived at the front with great delay.
In January 1943, the germans seized the children and put them in the basement. They were tortured and starved for a week.
Misha Zaitsev lost his mind from the torture, and he was released.
The rest of the boys were shot in front of all the village residents.
Less than a month remained before the liberation of the village by soviet soldiers...
stJO4X70cLQ.jpg

We had a big "isolationist" movement back in 1941. People wanted to stay out of the war.

The Japanese mistook that for a lack of willingness to fight.

January 26, 1934, 85 years ago, the Hitler-Pilsudski Pact, the first foreign policy success of the Nazis. The period of tender friendship between Poland and Nazi Germany against the USSR ended on September 1, 1939. The USSR and the Polish Army as part of the Red Army, returned statehood to Poland.

"The ship "Armenia", which was sunk by the Germans in 1941, was found in the Black Sea.
For more than 4 hours, German aircraft bombed a hospital ship with a Red Cross sign in good visibility.
More than 6,000 wounded soldiers, medical personnel and civilians were killed.

"The ship "Armenia", which was sunk by the Germans in 1941, was found in the Black Sea.
For more than 4 hours, German aircraft bombed a hospital ship with a Red Cross sign in good visibility.
More than 6,000 wounded soldiers, medical personnel and civilians were killed.

Like some of the other postings you made above, this appears to be not only an atrocity but a German war crime. The "Armenia" was not found recently, however. Your posting made me think that it had just been found. You are using this thread to catalogue German war crimes. I have no problem with that, but I think that people should be aware that it is just that. We all have a right to remember war crimes, but history should be clear.

Unfortunately the destruction of large ships carrying wounded and civilians was all too common during WW2, during which tens of thousands perished. The Armenia went down with just 8 survivors out of 5,000-7,000.

A few years later the roles were reversed when the Soviets torpedoed to the Wilhem Gustloff which was packed to the brim with German soldiers and refugees from East Prussia and the Baltics. Although she had at one point been a hospital ship, by 1945 the Germans had repainted her and armed her with anti-aircraft guns.

Somewhere close to 10,000 people died in the sinking, making it the largest loss of life in a single ship sinking in all of human history.

Unfortunately the destruction of large ships carrying wounded and civilians was all too common during WW2, during which tens of thousands perished. The Armenia went down with just 8 survivors out of 5,000-7,000.

A few years later the roles were reversed when the Soviets torpedoed to the Wilhem Gustloff which was packed to the brim with German soldiers and refugees from East Prussia and the Baltics. Although she had at one point been a hospital ship, by 1945 the Germans had repainted her and armed her with anti-aircraft guns.

Somewhere close to 10,000 people died in the sinking, making it the largest loss of life in a single ship sinking in all of human history.

Thank you for this information. The nitty gritty history of war time battles is unbelievably sad.

Back
Top Bottom