• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On This Date 79 Years Ago......

Many Americans were sent to Vietnam and suffered maiming and death for no good reason before being defeated by an impoverished people. Disgraceful.

What’s really disgraceful is your ignorance of the fact that the North Vietnamese regime was a brutal dictatorship, and the suffering it inflicted upon the Hmong and other “enemies of the revolution”.

I love your shotgun and machete approach to debating. I posted some solid general principles. You throw several clay and straw pigeons in the air and fire two rounds missing the pigeons. Then you throw your shotgun down, wield your machete, and hack at the clay and straw pigeons.

Get 'em, Tiger!

Yawn. Another day, another failure by Antiwar to defend the idiocy he posts. You are really pathetic at this “debate” stuff bud.

Oh, and there was only one of your “principles” which had any truth in it all..... so that was a flop.

The Cold War was much bigger than Vietnam.

Korea, Columbia, Cuba, Brazil, Greece, France, Germany, Spain, etc, etc.

We had to show we would stick by our allies.
It was a poor show.

Yawn. Another day, another failure by Antiwar to defend the idiocy he posts. You are really pathetic at this “debate” stuff bud.

Oh, and there was only one of your “principles” which had any truth in it all..... so that was a flop.
You like to make claims, but you don't back them up. Your inflammatory hyperbole doesn't help.

Try taking your time instead of writing the first thing that comes to mind. Try formatting your response so the parts of my comments you're replying to are followed by your reply. Try not making straw man arguments and guessing.

You like to make claims, but you don't back them up. Your inflammatory hyperbole doesn't help.

Try taking your time instead of writing the first thing that comes to mind. Try formatting your response so the parts of my comments you're replying to are followed by your reply. Try not making straw man arguments and guessing.

I have repeatedly backed up my claims with substantial amounts of evidence. You have responded by curling up in a ball and weeping “straw man” over and over.

In short, as I said before, you don’t have an argument and never have. You have a bunch of emotional, petulant garbage and outright propaganda.

Which, of course, is why you can never defend your arguments.

I have repeatedly backed up my claims with substantial amounts of evidence. You have responded by curling up in a ball and weeping “straw man” over and over.

In short, as I said before, you don’t have an argument and never have. You have a bunch of emotional, petulant garbage and outright propaganda.

I'm going to translate your instantaneous reply and illustrate how to format a good reply:

I have repeatedly backed up my claims with substantial amounts of evidence.
"I always declare myself winner!"

You have responded by curling up in a ball and weeping “straw man” over and over.
"You [hyperbole]."

In short, as I said before, you don’t have an argument and never have.
"You [false claim].

You have a bunch of emotional, petulant garbage and outright propaganda.
"You [hyperbole]."

"[hyperbole] [conflicting information]"

I'm going to translate your instantaneous reply and illustrate how to format a good reply:

"I always declare myself winner!"

"You [hyperbole]."

"You [false claim].

"You [hyperbole]."

"[hyperbole] [conflicting information]"

Oh look, another tantrum from you.

You do indeed often declare yourself “winner”, especially when the garbage you post has been debunked.

You do routinely engage in hyperbole, particularly when wailing about “US militarism”.

You do routinely make false claims.

And you do routinely engage in hypocrisy when crying about “US militarism”.

But I get that you aren’t mentally capable of actually defending your argument.

Oh look, another tantrum from you.

You do indeed often declare yourself “winner”, especially when the garbage you post has been debunked.

You do routinely engage in hyperbole, particularly when wailing about “US militarism”.

You do routinely make false claims.

And you do routinely engage in hypocrisy when crying about “US militarism”.

But I get that you aren’t mentally capable of actually defending your argument.
Wow, you either didn't understand I put my replies in quotation marks because I was translating what you said ...

And/or you said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Sincerely: Have a nice night.

Wow, you either didn't understand I put my replies in quotation marks because I was translating what you said ...

And/or you said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Sincerely: Have a nice night.

And I pointed out that your “translation“ applied far more to your own posts,

But hey, way to prove my point yet again by, once more, utterly failing to defend your “argument”.

And I pointed out that your “translation“ applied far more to your own posts,

But hey, way to prove my point yet again by, once more, utterly failing to defend your “argument”.
You crack me up with your lather, rinse, repeat.

I would say that you don't understand ethical people, but you say you are ethical in not ignoring human rights abuses. And I've seen you post anti-racist comments, and such. You seem to have a blind spot on this issue.

Also, that's your constant rebuttal. I don't ignore human rights abuses. Since you continually claim that I ignore human rights abuses, I continually call out that straw man argument.
----

Two wrongs (human rights abuses) don't make a right.

I've asked this several times:

How can humans stop human rights abuses without committing human rights abuses?

You crack me up with your lather, rinse, repeat.

I would say that you don't understand ethical people, but you say you're ethical in not ignoring human rights abuses.

Also, that's your constant rebuttal. I don't ignore human rights abuses. Since you continually claim that I ignore human rights abuses, I continually call out that straw man argument.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I've asked this several times:

How can humans stop human rights abuses without committing human rights abuses?

It’s hilarious watching you wail about how “ethical” you fantasize you are while repeatedly turning a blind eye to genocide going on in Iraq and borderline genocide in Xinjiang.

You certainly do ignore those abuses, as shown by the incessant wailing about “US militarism“, and otherwise do your best to ignore the fact that they are happening, as shown by your spouting of CPC propaganda.

Trying to claim there is any equivalence between the US and folks committing genocide is moronic, and no amount of crying about “two wrongs” changes that fact.

By your “logic“, stopping the Holocaust would have been a “human rights abuse” because we had to bomb Germany a rather large amount to accomplish that.

Quite frankly, bud, you are so clueless it’s almost sad.

It’s hilarious watching you wail about how “ethical” you fantasize you are while repeatedly turning a blind eye to genocide going on in Iraq and borderline genocide in Xinjiang.

You certainly do ignore those abuses, as shown by the incessant wailing about “US militarism“, and otherwise do your best to ignore the fact that they are happening, as shown by your spouting of CPC propaganda.

Trying to claim there is any equivalence between the US and folks committing genocide is moronic, and no amount of crying about “two wrongs” changes that fact.

By your “logic“, stopping the Holocaust would have been a “human rights abuse” because we had to bomb Germany a rather large amount to accomplish that.

Quite frankly, bud, you are so clueless it’s almost sad.
Groundhog day.

You act as if it's black and white, and you're one-sided. "China bad / US perfect." Binary ethics.

You also act like bombs only hit combatants. Or every person that's bombed is somehow a combatant. Two nuclear bombs killed a lot of non-combatants, AKA civilians

And you dismiss the Bikini Islands nuclear issue as being too far in the past

Has the US ever taken an unethical military action?

Last edited:
Groundhog day.

You failing, once again, to defend your argument.

Someone who turns a blind eye to genocide can’t call themselves ethical bud. It’s that simple.

China is a brutal dictatorship with a laundry list of atrocities at long as my arm and is actively committed what amounts to borderline genocide in Xinjiang. There is no equivalence to the US. None.

So, again by your “argument” stopping the Holocaust would be a “human rights violation” because some of the bombs that were dropped hit Nazi civilians. Sounds like you need to actually use your brain for a change.

I pointed out that something which happened more than fifty years ago is not evidence the US and China are going to war.

And no amount of grasping at straws changes that fact.

Last edited:
Someone who turns a blind eye to genocide can’t call themselves ethical bud. It’s that simple.
Same old straw man argument.

And that's a massively oversimplified argument. You must not have the capacity to comprehend any deeper than that. Or you're conditioned to believe that America is always right, and that America must police the world and mete out punishment.

I'm guessing you were born in the 1930s.

Same old straw man argument.

And that's a massively oversimplified argument. You must not have the capacity to comprehend any deeper than that. Or you're conditioned to believe that America is always right, and that America must police the world and mete out punishment.

I'm guessing you were born in the 1930s.

Oh look, another wail of “strawman” because you can’t handle the real world.

Lol no, it’s not. Committing genocide is just about the worst thing a country can do. Downplaying that is despicable. And there is absolutely no obligation to pretend that there’s a equivalence between the folks committing genocide and everyone else.....mainly because there isn’t one, no matter how much you grasp at straws.

The US is under no obligation to ignore genocide just because doing things to stop it hurts your feelings. Likewise, stopping a genocide and committing one are not morally equivalent.

It’s that simple.

Oh look, another wail of “strawman” because you can’t handle the real world.

Lol no, it’s not. Committing genocide is just about the worst thing a country can do. Downplaying that is despicable. And there is absolutely no obligation to pretend that there’s a equivalence between the folks committing genocide and everyone else.....mainly because there isn’t one, no matter how much you grasp at straws.

The US is under no obligation to ignore genocide just because doing things to stop it hurts your feelings. Likewise, stopping a genocide and committing one are not morally equivalent.

It’s that simple.
Were you in combat? Do you have guilt? If you do, you should see a mental health professional.

And/or maybe you're young.

Were you in combat? Do you have guilt? If you do, you should see a mental health professional.

And/or maybe you're young.

As I said before......you can’t turn a blind eye to genocide and call yourself ethical.

As I said before......you can’t turn a blind eye to genocide and call yourself ethical.
I guess I'll have to take that as a yes, you were in combat.

I guess I'll have to take that as a yes, you were in combat.

Where did you get that idea from?

I never said I was in combat, or the military.

My personal life is irrelevant to the topic, which makes your motive for the attempts to derail onto it rather obvious.

Where did you get that idea from?

I never said I was in combat, or the military.

My personal life is irrelevant to the topic, which makes your motive for the attempts to derail onto it rather obvious.
You're interesting.

Ignoring your straw man argument:

What human rights organization(s) supports your claim that China is committing genocide? Please provide links, quote and highlight their use of the word "genocide."

What is the US military doing to stop China from committing genocide?

Ignoring your straw man argument:

What human rights organization(s) supports your claim that China is committing genocide? Please provide links, quote and highlight their use of the word "genocide."

What is the US military doing to stop China from committing genocide?

“Human-rights activists are urging Parliament to recognize the abuses against Muslim Uyghurs in China as genocide and doubling down on calls for Canada to impose sanctions on Chinese officials responsible for the repression of the minority.

Former Liberal justice minister Irwin Cotler was among the long list of witnesses who detailed China’s treatment of the Uyghurs during a seven-hour hearing before the House of Commons human-rights subcommittee Monday. Mr. Cotler, an international human-rights champion, said Parliament should take global leadership by recognizing the abuses against the Uyghurs in China’s western province of Xinjiang as genocide. He said the world risks failing the Uyghurs through inaction, as it did with the Rwanda genocide in 1994.”

“A growing number of people moved to use the term genocide last year as more testimonies of forced sterilizations endured by Uyghur and Kazakh women in camps in China came to light—forced suppression of births in a specific community, under the UN’s definition, is one of the five acts that constitutes genocide. In late June, the Associated Press published an investigation that detailed measures conducted by Chinese authorities to curtail the Uyghur birth rate, including the forced use of IUDs, sterilization, and abortions, prompting the Washington Post to state in an editorial headline, “What’s happening in Xinjiang is genocide.”

“That was followed closely by reports of the seizure of 13 tons of weaves by US federal authorities, who say they believe the products were made from human hair taken from prisoners in internment camps. And soon after, the resurfacing of a video that showed hundreds of men with shaved heads blindfolded and bound at a train station in northern China gained widespread traction. Nathan Ruser, an analyst at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, a think tank, geolocated the video to a train station in Korla, a city in Xinjiang, taken around April 2019.“

”A legal process is underway now for the Xinjiang atrocities to be officially labeled as a genocide, after two Uyghur groups filed a complaint in July at the International Criminal Court against Chinese officials. The court has power to try countries over genocide and crimes against humanity, but even if it agrees to open an investigation, it would not have jurisdiction over China as it is not a party to the court, though the plaintiffs argue that countries like Cambodia and Tajikistan, which have allegedly deported Uyghurs back to China, would come under the court’s jurisdiction.”

And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to people recognizing the fact that genocide is ongoing in Xinjiang.

The US government has taken a strong stance against China‘s actions in Xinjiang(as they should).

“Human-rights activists are urging Parliament to recognize the abuses against Muslim Uyghurs in China as genocide and doubling down on calls for Canada to impose sanctions on Chinese officials responsible for the repression of the minority.

Former Liberal justice minister Irwin Cotler was among the long list of witnesses who detailed China’s treatment of the Uyghurs during a seven-hour hearing before the House of Commons human-rights subcommittee Monday. Mr. Cotler, an international human-rights champion, said Parliament should take global leadership by recognizing the abuses against the Uyghurs in China’s western province of Xinjiang as genocide. He said the world risks failing the Uyghurs through inaction, as it did with the Rwanda genocide in 1994.”

“A growing number of people moved to use the term genocide last year as more testimonies of forced sterilizations endured by Uyghur and Kazakh women in camps in China came to light—forced suppression of births in a specific community, under the UN’s definition, is one of the five acts that constitutes genocide. In late June, the Associated Press published an investigation that detailed measures conducted by Chinese authorities to curtail the Uyghur birth rate, including the forced use of IUDs, sterilization, and abortions, prompting the Washington Post to state in an editorial headline, “What’s happening in Xinjiang is genocide.”

“That was followed closely by reports of the seizure of 13 tons of weaves by US federal authorities, who say they believe the products were made from human hair taken from prisoners in internment camps. And soon after, the resurfacing of a video that showed hundreds of men with shaved heads blindfolded and bound at a train station in northern China gained widespread traction. Nathan Ruser, an analyst at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, a think tank, geolocated the video to a train station in Korla, a city in Xinjiang, taken around April 2019.“

”A legal process is underway now for the Xinjiang atrocities to be officially labeled as a genocide, after two Uyghur groups filed a complaint in July at the International Criminal Court against Chinese officials. The court has power to try countries over genocide and crimes against humanity, but even if it agrees to open an investigation, it would not have jurisdiction over China as it is not a party to the court, though the plaintiffs argue that countries like Cambodia and Tajikistan, which have allegedly deported Uyghurs back to China, would come under the court’s jurisdiction.”

And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to people recognizing the fact that genocide is ongoing in Xinjiang.

The US government has taken a strong stance against China‘s actions in Xinjiang(as they should).
Alright, we're finally getting somewhere.

You spent a significant amount of time and space to reply to the first question. You spent little time and space to reply to the second question. My commentary is operating on a long timeline. Take your time and expand on your reply to the second question. I'm going to take my time and look into your reply to the first question. I plan to start that this evening, and look further into how human rights organizations see things, especially what human rights organizations say the possible solutions are. I also plan to look into "ethicists."

Last edited:
Alright, we're finally getting somewhere.

You spent a significant amount of time and space to reply to the first question. You spent little time and space to reply to the second question. My commentary is operating on a long timeline. Take your time and expand on your reply to the second question. I'm going to take my time and look into your reply to the first question. I plan to start that this evening, and look further into how human rights organizations see things, especially what human rights organizations say the possible solutions are. I also plan to look into "ethicists."

Because I was establishing, once again, the fact that China is committing genocide in Xinjiang, and therefore that claims that the US is “encircling” China in order to “make war on it” are meaningless, especially when one ignores the numerous ongoing atrocities committed by Beijing.

Yawn. Short of parachuting Navy SEALs into Xinjiang to kill all of the the Chinese camp guards(which, of course, ain’t happening) there’s only so much the military can do. They follow the orders of the civilian government; therefore, the policies of the US government as a whole are what is important.

Back
Top Bottom