• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On This Date 79 Years Ago......

Tigerace117

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The United States was attacked suddenly and without provocation by the forces of the Empire of Japan. The Japanese were run by a vicious dictatorship which had already begun to rampage across Asia. The United States’ role in putting an end to that regime is one of our nation’s finest achievements.

1607368976346.jpeg

True heroes. We should never forget this.

79 years ago, the Japanese Empire signed it's own death warrant.

Keep on fighting the bad fight!

Keep on fighting the bad fight!

Defeating Imperial Japan and liberating millions upon millions of people in Korea, Taiwan, China and elsewhere is “bad” now?

I never said that.

Okay. Evil bastards attacked us, we kicked their asses for them.

That's "the bad fight"?

World War II was one of only 4 wars we were ever in (out of 134 total armed conflicts) that were morally justifiable, and it's the bad fight?

The United States was attacked suddenly and without provocation by the forces of the Empire of Japan. The Japanese were run by a vicious dictatorship which had already begun to rampage across Asia. The United States’ role in putting an end to that regime is one of our nation’s finest achievements.

View attachment 67307830

Thank you for starting this thread. I am a former history teacher and on many sites it is I who remind people of Pearl Harbor Day (and many other days we commemorate). I see that on DP I will not need to take responsibility for watching the calendar! :)

Commemorating their murder. What did you do?

In this thread, I reminded everyone about the unjustified Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the deaths of over two thousand Americans. Why you think the two are mutually exclusive is an open question.

In this thread, I reminded everyone about the unjustified Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the deaths of over two thousand Americans. Why you think the two are mutually exclusive is an open question.
I bet you're a real blast on Atomic Bombs Day.

You can't beat my meaningful posts. Think of these as your "participation trophies."

You haven’t made a meaningful post yet, just endless whining about one topic or another and blather about how fighting Imperial Japan was a “crime” in your fantasy world.

Eight short years ago today, twenty first graders and six educators were murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary.
Tigerace likes to bang on about WWII. He has less interest in the easy availability of firearms in modern America which contributed to the deaths of schoolchildren and their educators.

Tigerace likes to bang on about WWII. He has less interest in the easy availability of firearms in modern America which contributed to the deaths of schoolchildren and their educators.

Jean enjoys meaningless posturing and can’t bear to bring himself to face the real world. As usual.

You just don't understand America.

Given Spain’s history, that’s a damn clear case of stones and glass windows 😂
I think it is important to get back to the topic which is a 79 anniversary of a Japanese attack. Anniversaries used to be observed at more even dates such as 50 or 100 years but some are annual I suppose. It seems to me that the Americans were at fault for not anticipating a surprise Japanese attack. Unlike many armchair military experts on this site and others, I have no military expertise but even I would know not to keep my entire navy, with the exception of aircraft carriers, all together in one port, like a sitting duck. Good Lord! How did the admirals explain this, I wonder. I bet most of them kept their jobs. Some probably even said, "I told you so!"

Back
Top Bottom