• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On the "la raza" judge - hypocrisy and judicial tyranny

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Attorney Rees Lloyd
June 13, 2016
NewsWithViews.com

The hypocrisy of the attacks on Donald Trump for criticizing the perceived bias of an Hispanic (Mexican-American) federal judge appointed by Obama who was a member of the race-based "La Raza ("The Race") Lawyers Assn. of San Diego," needs to be repudiated by the American citizens that judge serves, lawyers, politically correct politicians and media pundits preening their political correctness -- and by the federal judge himself.

In a fact-filled, truth-filled column, Ann Coulter details the hypocrisy of the hysterical denunciations of Trump for questioning whether this judge's allegiance to "La Raza" is influencing his decisions in the Trump University case, and criticizing that judge for not recusing himself given his membership in the La Raza Lawyers Association. (Ann Coulter's column is available here).

I concur. The attacks on Trump are, in my view as a Civil Rights lawyer for more than thirty years, utterly hypocritical. I base this on the undeniable fact that for decades "White" judges (and jurors and prosecutors and police) have been repeatedly attacked and their decisions criticized with express citations to the fact that they are "White."
Rees Lloyd -- On The "La Raza" Judge - Hypocrisy and Judicial Tyranny

The Ann Coulter column ref. above.

STUNNING NEW DEVELOPMENT!!! MEDIA CALLS TRUMP RACIST

Annoyed at federal judge Gonzalo P. Curiel's persistent rulings against him in the Trump University case (brought by a law firm that has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches by Bill and Hillary), Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said that maybe it's because the judge is a second-generation Mexican immigrant.

The entire media -- and most of the GOP -- have spent 10 months telling us that Mexicans in the United States are going to HATE Trump for saying he'll build a wall. Now they're outraged that Trump thinks one Mexican hates him for saying he'll build a wall.
Ann Coulter - Official Home Page

Annoyed at federal judge Gonzalo P. Curiel's persistent rulings against him in the Trump University case (brought by a law firm that has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches by Bill and Hillary), Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said that maybe it's because the judge is a second-generation Mexican immigrant.

The entire media -- and most of the GOP -- have spent 10 months telling us that Mexicans in the United States are going to HATE Trump for saying he'll build a wall. Now they're outraged that Trump thinks one Mexican hates him for saying he'll build a wall.
Ann Coulter - Official Home Page

What proof do you have that the judge hates Trump?

By Attorney Rees Lloyd
June 13, 2016
NewsWithViews.com

The hypocrisy of the attacks on Donald Trump for criticizing the perceived bias of an Hispanic (Mexican-American) federal judge appointed by Obama who was a member of the race-based "La Raza ("The Race") Lawyers Assn. of San Diego," needs to be repudiated by the American citizens that judge serves, lawyers, politically correct politicians and media pundits preening their political correctness -- and by the federal judge himself.

In a fact-filled, truth-filled column, Ann Coulter details the hypocrisy of the hysterical denunciations of Trump for questioning whether this judge's allegiance to "La Raza" is influencing his decisions in the Trump University case, and criticizing that judge for not recusing himself given his membership in the La Raza Lawyers Association. (Ann Coulter's column is available here).

I concur. The attacks on Trump are, in my view as a Civil Rights lawyer for more than thirty years, utterly hypocritical. I base this on the undeniable fact that for decades "White" judges (and jurors and prosecutors and police) have been repeatedly attacked and their decisions criticized with express citations to the fact that they are "White."

already been debunked

The group in question is the California La Raza Lawyers Association.

The group’s bylaws state, "The purpose and goal of this association is to promote the interests of the Latino communities throughout the state and the professional interests of the membership." That membership is now about half Latino, Murillo said, and in terms of party affiliation, "the lawyers who belong pretty much reflect the population." California is about 43 percent Democratic, 28 percent Republican and about 24 percent undeclared.

The group is often confused with the National Council of La Raza, an advocacy group often criticized by conservatives. Aside from a similarity in their names, the only tie we found was a link to the National Council of La Raza on the lawyers association website.

Trump wrongly casts California lawyers group as strongly pro-Mexican

By Attorney Rees Lloyd
June 13, 2016
NewsWithViews.com

Ann Coulter - what a nutjob.

By Attorney Rees Lloyd
June 13, 2016
NewsWithViews.com

So what's this guy's point? The only thing that matter is that race, ethinicity, or membership in professional societies is neither a reason for a judge to recuse himself nor the basis for a motion to remove a judge for reasons of personal bias. Find a single example where that's happened to a while judge and then we can talk.

By Attorney Rees Lloyd
June 13, 2016
NewsWithViews.com

I'm embarrassed for you that you posted this drivel.

The entire media -- and most of the GOP -- have spent 10 months telling us that Mexicans in the United States are going to HATE Trump for saying he'll build a wall. Now they're outraged that Trump thinks one Mexican hates him for saying he'll build a wall. Ann Coulter - Official Home Page

I didn't know we referred to people who are born in Indiana and are American citizens as "Mexicans" now.

Doesn't everybody?

I don't. Too much effort, not worth it. Trump is by no means unique in his views, he is just high profile.

I didn't know we referred to people who are born in Indiana and are American citizens as "Mexicans" now.

How are you supposed to separate them into the "them" of "us vs them" if you do not give them a handy label? He is not one of us, he is Mexican American.

What proof do you have that the judge hates Trump?

Not for me to decide.

Ann Coulter - what a nutjob.

Hardly, she is a very sharp cookie and nails liberal dweebs to the wall.

I'm embarrassed for you that you posted this drivel.

Fine...I'm good with it!

When Ann Coulter speaks, I listen and respect her take on a subject! liberals just can't handle the truth.

Why wouldn't you? We do with everyone else.......

I don't. Too much effort, not worth it. Trump is by no means unique in his views, he is just high profile.

And has the ear of millions who are like minded.

Great to have Trump speaking out, where liberal cowards fear to tread!

Why wouldn't you? We do with everyone else.......

Same reason I wouldn't refer to an American citizen who was born in Colorado as a Russian, same reason I wouldn't refer to an American citizen who was born in New Hampshire as an Australian. I'd call him what he is. An American.

Same reason I wouldn't refer to an American citizen who was born in Colorado as a Russian, same reason I wouldn't refer to an American citizen who was born in New Hampshire as an Australian. I'd call him what he is. An American.
Ah jeeze. Read the seventh paragraph of the link Donald Trump's racial comments about Hispanic judge in Trump University case | PolitiFact Wisconsin

The linked article isn't all that sympathetic to Trump.
I quote:
"On June 2, 2016, Trump told the Wall Street Journal that Curiel had "an absolute conflict" in presiding over the litigation given that he is "of Mexican heritage" and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. (When Trump said in a separate interview that Curiel "is a member of a club or society, very strongly pro-Mexican" in referfence to the group, PolitiFact National rated his statement Mostly False.) Trump told the journal the judge’s background was relevant because of his <Trump's> campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. "I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest," Trump said."

Of Mexican heritage...that is true of Curiel. Even if born in the US. But that's not the most important reason, according to Trump, why the judge should be recused. He's a member of La Rasa of San Diego. A lawyer's organization that, among other things, has a desire to relax immigration restrictions. LROSD has even given a scholarship to an undocumented immigrant. That's the California way, I know, to view undocumented immigrants as, for all intents and purposes, citizens of the US.

Liberals grab a hold of the first part of Trump's speech on the judge 'of Mexican heritage' (which Curiel is) and their brains lock. They don't even read the rest. Their minds have already been made up. Their PC kicks in. The obfuscation and lying begins.

Last edited:
Ah jeeze. Read the seventh paragraph of the link Donald Trump's racial comments about Hispanic judge in Trump University case | PolitiFact Wisconsin

I quote:
On June 2, 2016, Trump told the Wall Street Journal that Curiel had "an absolute conflict" in presiding over the litigation given that he is "of Mexican heritage" and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. (When Trump said in a separate interview that Curiel "is a member of a club or society, very strongly pro-Mexican" in referfence to the group, PolitiFact National rated his statement Mostly False.) Trump told the journal the judge’s background was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. "I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest," Trump said.

Of Mexican heritage. True. Even if born in the US. That's not the most important reason, according to Trump, why the judge should be recused. He's a member of La Rasa of San Diego. A lawyer's organization that, among other things, has a desire to relax immigration restrictions. Even has given a scholarship to an undocumented immigrant. That's the California way, I know, to see undocumented immigrants as, in all intents and purposes, citizens of the US.

Liberals grab a hold of the first line Mexican heritage (which Curiel is) and their brain locks. Their PC kicks in. The obfuscation and lying begins.

Neat. And fascinating to learn your opinion of liberals. I'm not a fan of liberals either. But the rest of your post was a waste of time. I was talking about the reference in a post to this judge being a "Mexican". He isn't. He's an American. Just like I am.

I wonder if it's a conflict of interest for the President of the United States to have a communist sleeping in his bedroom of the White House, especially if we ever find ourselves in the midst of problems with a communist country. Donald Trump's wife is the daughter of an avowed Slovenian communist. Obviously she can't disassociate herself from communism if this judge can't disassociate himself from his parents' place of birth, can she? His rantings about the judge reminded me of how scary it is to think about a communist sleeping in the same room as the man with his fingers clutching the nuclear codes.

Neat. And fascinating to learn your opinion of liberals. I'm not a fan of liberals either. But the rest of your post was a waste of time. I was talking about the reference in a post to this judge being a "Mexican". He isn't. He's an American. Just like I am.

I wonder if it's a conflict of interest for the President of the United States to have a communist sleeping in his bedroom of the White House, especially if we ever find ourselves in the midst of problems with a communist country. Donald Trump's wife is the daughter of an avowed Slovenian communist. Obviously she can't disassociate herself from communism if this judge can't disassociate himself from his parents' place of birth, can she? His rantings about the judge reminded me of how scary it is to think about a communist sleeping in the same room as the man with his fingers clutching the nuclear codes.
Trump said Mexican descent or heritage numerous times. You want to jump on the one time he said..just Mexican? He made a mistake. You can't impute motive for that. All that indicates is your prejudices toward Trump.

Trump said Mexican descent or heritage numerous times. You want to jump on the one time he said..just Mexican? He made a mistake. You can't impute motive for that. All that indicates is your prejudices toward Trump.

Aw, prejudices? No. I'm not prejudiced. Trump is. I'll join the rest of the world in calling him out on his ignorant rantings.

The communist thing stumped you, didn't it? Yeah, the man who says the judge can't toss off what his parents were in order to make an adult decision (something which confounds Trump, I'm sure) is prepared to bring a communist into the inner most workings of this country. Of course she has to still be a communist. Just like the judge, she can't shake off what her parents were.

The irony is amazing,

Aw, prejudices? No. I'm not prejudiced. Trump is. I'll join the rest of the world in calling him out on his ignorant rantings.

The communist thing stumped you, didn't it? Yeah, the man who says the judge can't toss off what his parents were in order to make an adult decision (something which confounds Trump, I'm sure) is prepared to bring a communist into the inner most workings of this country. Of course she has to still be a communist. Just like the judge, she can't shake off what her parents were.

The irony is amazing,
Is Melania a Communist? Don't think she is. What's your point? Really, what is your point? Are you saying Irish-Americans as a group are concerned with Trump's stance on illegal immigration? Are there people from Ireland trying desperately to cross over the southern border of Mexico into the US?

Trump is saying people of Mexican descent have the most to gain or lose with a wall and deportations or not.

Last edited:
Is Melania a Communist? Don't think she is. What's your point?

Of course she is. She's loyal to Slovenia and to communism. The judge wasn't even born in Mexico but Trump insists the judge is loyal to Mexico. By that logic, his wife is obviously still loyal to the country of her birth and her parents' political views, and how she was raised.

Of course she is. She's loyal to Slovenia and to communism. The judge wasn't even born in Mexico but Trump insists the judge is loyal to Mexico. By that logic, his wife is obviously still loyal to the country of her birth and her parents' political views, and how she was raised.
What does Slovenian Communism have to do with the US? Have to do with this issue? Do you possibly think Trump would allow a communist to influence his thinking?

Come on three drunks, figure it out, just once.

What does Slovenian Communism have to do with the US? Have to do with this issue? Do you possibly think Trump would allow a communist to influence his thinking?

Thank you for showing your complete lack of critical thinking skills and your sharing of Trump's hypocrisy. Now I know why you're a Trump supporter.

As opposed to, let's say, people who have no identification and/or who have relatives who desperately wish to cross over into America, say, like people of Mexican descent? But not, for example, people of Irish descent? Or Slovenian descent? (That would be a loooong ocean to swim).

Thank you for showing your complete lack of critical thinking skills and your sharing of Trump's hypocrisy. Now I know why you're a Trump supporter.

Last edited:
As opposed to, let's say, people who have no identification and/or who have relatives who desperately wish to cross over into America, say, like people of Mexican descent? But not, for example, people of Irish descent? Or Slovenian descent?

Or people who came here from communist Slovenia and are sleeping with the guy who wants to be the President of the United States. And who will have his ear. I know, you don't care. As long as Trumpie gets in office, it's okay if he has a communist serving along with him. She's at least white! Amirite?

Back
Top Bottom